Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 Aug 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4064396)   #5626
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fingers crossed for Mr Miller. Great journalist
Old 1 Aug 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4064614)   #5627
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Indeed. He's an old man from an era long gone.

He's still an excellent motorsports journalist, so a little harsh.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4064859)   #5628
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's done well considering and certainly has not been afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Can't say he has done a bad job in that regard
Old 2 Aug 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4064889)   #5629
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He's still an excellent motorsports journalist, so a little harsh.
I meant he is from the era of gladiators, self-taught mechanics and trailers.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 03:39 (Ref:4065012)   #5630
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg to ECR?

Guessing that Hulkenberg is the most talented driver who has sat out the bulk of the last two seasons. I think he should have a seat in F1, but it would be great to see him in Indycar next year.

https://racer.com/2021/08/02/hulkenb...ride-with-ecr/
Old 3 Aug 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4065117)   #5631
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ricardo Juncos will return to IndyCar this season, partnering with Brad Hollinger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibra_Healthcare

Good luck, he will need it...
Old 3 Aug 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4065128)   #5632
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ricardo Juncos will return to IndyCar this season, partnering with Brad Hollinger.

That is great! Sounds like they will do a few races this season in prep for a full season next year:

https://racer.com/2021/08/03/juncos-...linger-racing/

No word on drivers, but there are plenty of quality options out there right now.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4065136)   #5633
S griffin
Veteran

Great move. We'll see how useful a few outings this year will be for 2022 if at all. We'll see who is available to drive for them, I'm sure there's one or two who would jump at the chance
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4065167)   #5634
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Guessing that Hulkenberg is the most talented driver who has sat out the bulk of the last two seasons. I think he should have a seat in F1, but it would be great to see him in Indycar next year.

https://racer.com/2021/08/02/hulkenb...ride-with-ecr/
Think his ride rests somewhat with the Mercedes F1 driver lineup. If Georgie gets moved up to the main team and Bottas is out, Hulk may be the Williams guy. Can't see Williams, without a reduced engine cost deal, wanting Bottas and the hard to overcome I was fired outlook over Hulk and his reported driver feedback level to build the car like Russell has, Latifi likely isn't that guy.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 01:39 (Ref:4065552)   #5635
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alex Zanardi Update

Saw an ad for Paralympics and thought of Alex. Sounds like it's not great, but it's something:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...sh/7830525002/
Old 6 Aug 2021, 05:47 (Ref:4065558)   #5636
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Hollinger sounds like someone expecting a financial return for investing some of his Covid-support dollars.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4065591)   #5637
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Saw an ad for Paralympics and thought of Alex. Sounds like it's not great, but it's something:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...sh/7830525002/
At least he has made some progress, although I fear he won't be able to do any sport ever again
Old 6 Aug 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4065687)   #5638
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think about Alex Zanardi at least a couple of times a week. And he always comes to mind whenever I hear anybody say "nevertheless". He is my all-time favourite driver and his story is so sad.

He is not my favourite because of race wins or season championships. He became my favourite before I really even knew who he was. I was in the paddock in Detroit in his rookie year and Alex was nearby. I recognized him as a driver only because of the firesuit. And so I approached him hoping that he'd autograph his page in my program. I was embarrassed because I didn't know who he was, so I couldn't open the book to the proper page. Instead I just handed him the program. Instead of simply signing the cover, or looking directly for his page, he leafed through it with me. As each individual driver's page appeared, he spoke highly of his competitors. I distinctly remember him turning to Greg Moore and mentioning that he would be a great driver. He had nice things to say about everybody. Finally he found his own picture and autographed it for me. (This was the moment that I realized who he was). He must have spent the better part of five minutes talking to me. So kind and so friendly.

I walked away with a new favourite. And this was before he'd won a single race.

Godspeed, Alessandro.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4065810)   #5639
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren is acquiring a 75 percent stake in the Arrow McLaren SP.

https://racer.com/2021/08/08/mclaren...ow-mclaren-sp/
Old 9 Aug 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4065987)   #5640
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
F2 kid, and Alpine Academy, Lundgaard taking Santino's RRL ride for Indy road course this week

https://racer.com/2021/08/09/lundgaa...s-road-course/
Old 10 Aug 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4066157)   #5641
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
F2 kid, and Alpine Academy, Lundgaard taking Santino's RRL ride for Indy road course this week

https://racer.com/2021/08/09/lundgaa...s-road-course/

Good choice. Rising star with talent
Old 11 Aug 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4066357)   #5642
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Some big drops in MP's Silly Season update this afternoon.

Pagenaud to MSR to partner with Helio

Penske open to everything with his seat including downsizing

Grosjean is open to returned to DCR but likely to Andretti

RHR may be out at Andretti and over to ECR as Ed's road course guy with Mr Mullet on the outs.

https://racer.com/2021/08/11/pruett-...ate-august-11/

RM also thinks Sato to MSR for Indy program and RHR to IMSA only as DHL is done. Sounds like he thinks Penske will return to 3 cars fulltime.

Last edited by broadrun96; 11 Aug 2021 at 20:37.
Old 11 Aug 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4066359)   #5643
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
All oh-so exciting.....

jimclark
Old 11 Aug 2021, 21:41 (Ref:4066367)   #5644
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Provided for those who find it interesting and a discussion, for those who don't the little X in the upper corner allows you to close the page and go elsewhere.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4066373)   #5645
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Thinking out loud...
Teams might be more apt to reduce from four cars to three, (3 to 2, ect) when they lose sponsorship money. If a team is able to secure deals with primary sponsors, they're going to run said-many cars.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4066410)   #5646
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Guess marketing guys would call this a win and growth on growth, 28 car field for Indy Big Machine weekend. Only a non-race at Vegas (34) and race at Kentucky (29) drew more in the last decade, Indy 500 excluded of course.

https://racer.com/2021/08/11/bumper-...s-road-course/
Old 12 Aug 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4066456)   #5647
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Standings after Nashville:

1. ESP Álex Palou (Ganassi Honda), 410
2. NZL Scott Dixon (Ganassi Honda), 368
3. MEX Patrico O'Ward (McLaren SP Chevrolet), 362
4. USA Josef Newgarden (Penske Chevrolet), 335
5. SWE Marcus Ericsson (Ganassi Honda), 331

Will the Ganassi drivers help each other, or will they fight each other?

Can the Chevrolet drivers do a miracle?
Old 15 Aug 2021, 22:48 (Ref:4066953)   #5648
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So with Lundgaard's inpressive debut, I guess we can add him to the drive hunting list for '22?

Who will pay for it though? Some Alpine or their partners stumping up, or can he raise a budget separately?

Might tee Magnussen off to have another quick (and younger) Dane competing for a ride!

Alex Albon might be another looking for a berth. Presumably still with Red Bull backing.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 00:35 (Ref:4066956)   #5649
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If Lungaard continues running well in F2 I could see them wanting him to get other experience while waiting for Alonso to move on again.

I thought Albon was looking outside of Red Bull money involvement. The bosses haven't been exactly speaking fondly of Indy in the past, and think they said if he was in the US it wouldn't be on their dime.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4066981)   #5650
S griffin
Veteran

Lundgaard I'm sure still has his sights set on F1, but at least now he knows he's got a good back up if he doesn't make it. Based on his performance last weekend I'm sure plenty of Indycar teams wouldn't need asking twice should he approach them for a drive