Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2009, 01:33 (Ref:2515094)   #1
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kelly Racing

Kelly Racing + Perkins appears to be a lot more competitive than what either of these teams were individually last season. A 'powerhouse' team, a fan favourite, every body happy - no or few disgruntled suppliers, sponsors & drivers, no controversy, no bogus protests, no embarrassing technical stuff-ups (FPR's grenade-spec UK engines anyone? 888's great idea to test ultra-lightweight components in the Bathurst 1000?) ... they are certainly showing the rest how a popular, sporting and fast team can be run from day one.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2515095)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone clarify something for me- Exactly what roles does Perkins have in the team now? Is he just building the cars and components or is he also involved in the race weekend kind of work as well? I haven't seen him on camera at all this season.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Aug 2009, 02:50 (Ref:2515126)   #3
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Kelly Racing + Perkins appears to be a lot more competitive than what either of these teams were individually last season. A 'powerhouse' team, a fan favourite, every body happy - no or few disgruntled suppliers, sponsors & drivers, no controversy, no bogus protests, no embarrassing technical stuff-ups (FPR's grenade-spec UK engines anyone? 888's great idea to test ultra-lightweight components in the Bathurst 1000?) ... they are certainly showing the rest how a popular, sporting and fast team can be run from day one.
As a long time Perkins fan, the recent results have been encouraging. Hope the team continues to gather momentum.

For a while I thought the "Perkins" cars were gonners but it looks like a solid team leading up to the long distance events.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 05:05 (Ref:2515158)   #4
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry still own's 2 of the license that are part of the deal. The other 2 belong to the Kelly's.

The cars are prepped at Kelly factory in Braeside and the engineering, construction and engine's are prepped at Larry Moorabbin Airport factory. Larry can sit back and enjoy the spoils of his license's income.....

Once all the dots join together they'll be like GRM, another dark horse team within the Holden ranks who'll be able to take it up against WP. That's excluding T8 for time being until they sort themselves out, but then again who knows.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2515225)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime there is allegedly discussions going on about the sale of the #11 and #16 REC's.... and apparently not to the Kelly squad!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2515301)   #6
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime there is allegedly discussions going on about the sale of the #11 and #16 REC's.... and apparently not to the Kelly squad!

Is that where FPR are planning on getting their extra cars? While I support some redress in the brand imbalance next year, I really would prefer that it NOT come from out of this team!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2515468)   #7
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt the Kelly's could afford to stump up for them, but when they are sold, surely Larry will be permanently closing the door on his son Jack's racing career?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2515821)   #8
gkmarshall
Racer

gkmarshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they're doing a great job, come Bathurst time i think they'll be in with a good show.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2515896)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So where to then, you would have the inside goss surely????
Old 5 Aug 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2515923)   #10
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
"Kellys" and "powerhouse" just does'nt sound right
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:47 (Ref:2515971)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
So where to then, you would have the inside goss surely????
There are allegedly a couple of vultures in the paddock looking to buy at the $800k mark. They have allegedly tyrekicked the Marshall option, after already going thru the process with the TKR REC. Seems the same group has popped up again in this case
Old 5 Aug 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2516090)   #12
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who may they be?
Old 7 Aug 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2517273)   #13
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Once all the dots join together they'll be like GRM, another dark horse team within the Holden ranks who'll be able to take it up against WP. That's excluding T8 for time being until they sort themselves out, but then again who knows.
Problem for Kellys, and GRM for that matter, is that T8 will slot ahead of them in the pace ranks. Unless FPR/SBR improve on where they are now, you can probably expect Holden to take a parity hit in the middle of next season. T8 switching brands does upset the balance. Based on 2009 form, who becomes the front running Ford team? Yatalas finest Bourbon drinkers...
Old 9 Aug 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2518206)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how is there going to be any chance of purchasing REC's if The Black Wiggle wants the field permanently reduced to 28? surely VESA would therefore have to over rule the said vultures and purchase them itself
Old 9 Aug 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2518209)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The black Wiggle actually doesn't get to decide this. Its decided by the board of which the black wiggle is just one person.

He has wanted a smaller field for many years now, but the board does not necessarily agree with him on that
Old 9 Aug 2009, 04:07 (Ref:2518213)   #16
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who else is on the Board?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Aug 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2518348)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
mark skaife 2 holden team related people and 2 ford team related people. plus one other independant, and TC
Old 10 Aug 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2518553)   #18
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The black Wiggle actually doesn't get to decide this. Its decided by the board of which the black wiggle is just one person.

He has wanted a smaller field for many years now, but the board does not necessarily agree with him on that
ahh but now that he is the stand in chairman, surely his wheelbarrow will be getting pushed along more than usual...
Old 10 Aug 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2518559)   #19
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's always been the Chairman......he's now EXECUTIVE Chairman which means he has the CEO function attached as well.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2522871)   #20
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting in tonights enews is that kelly racing has secured the services of james small, russell ingalls engineer, he will be jack perkins engineer for the rest of the year.

they are getting some good people at that team barry ryan, dave swenson and oscar fiorinotto are there also
Old 17 Aug 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2522883)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocks harder View Post
interesting in tonights enews is that kelly racing has secured the services of james small, russell ingalls engineer, he will be jack perkins engineer for the rest of the year.

they are getting some good people at that team barry ryan, dave swenson and oscar fiorinotto are there also
They have some very good people, but not convinced the funding is at a level to make the best of them...
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2528561)   #22
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere. I've seen him race in karts a bit and he is a hard man to beat. It will be interesting to see how he goes.
http://www.kellyracing.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=543:kelly-racing-signs-karting-champ-david-sera-to-testing-deal&catid=30&Itemid=79

Quote:
Emerging V8 Supercar team Kelly Racing has signed prodigious karting talent David Sera to a testing deal.
Team leaders Todd and Rick Kelly themselves benefitted from guidance to kick-start their own V8 Supercar careers, and with the establishment of their own team this season, the Bathurst winning brothers are keen to aid Sera in the same way.
"With Rick and I developing a new team this year, we have the flexibility to do some things that we really see as important," said Todd Kelly.
"When we both started out we had the opportunity to be a part of the Holden Young Lions program and learn the ropes from experienced drivers and engineers.
"So having enjoyed that sort of help in our early years, we are really keen to give young drivers a go at Kelly Racing, and clearly, David is a standout driver at the moment.
"He's performed extremely well in karting not only in Australia, but at international level. There is no doubt that he's one of the best going around in karting anywhere at the moment and is a huge talent.
"We want to show him how our team operates, give him some miles in our cars, get him to sit in on engineering meetings, help him learn the data and all those sorts of things.
"We are keen to have David as part of our team, to help him learn the ropes and give him a hand. We'll bring him under our wing and see where things go from there."
Sera is currently the factory driver for the Arrrow Karts team and is a eight-time Australian karting champion as well as a multiple event winner in top-line karting competition in the United States and Japan.
Widely rated as one of the most talented drivers to hit the Australian karting scene for some time, the 21-year-old is a former polesitter at the Rotax World Finals and has finished in the top 10 at that event for the past two years.
Recently in a round of the Australian Rotax Pro Tour, Sera drove from last to first to win the top-flight Rotax Light class Final against the best drivers in the country.
"I'm really excited about being a part of Kelly Racing," said Sera, who won the Leopard Light title at the City of Melbourne Titles at the Todd Road circuit in Port Melbourne last weekend.
"Todd and Rick have been very generous with their time getting this deal together and I'm really keen to learn as much as I can about V8 Supercars.
"For a young driver to be given this sort of opportunity is quite rare these days.
"All the guys at Kelly Racing have been really good to deal with so far. I've already been asking a lot of questions and getting a feel for things.
"I'm entering this with an open mind and I'm keen to work hard, learn as much as possible and see where things go from here."