Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Sep 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2533042)   #1
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attention DJR and PCR, a new opportunity?

This may have been mentioned before, and I even remeber hearing somewhere that PCR were even looking into it... But I think the rumor that they were aligning with SBR again was stronger, given that they are placed there...

Anyway, does anyone else think that there is a fantastic opportunity here DJR and PCR to combine their efforts here to take on the new Superteams together?!

I mean 2010 = 888/PMM, Perkins/Kelly, HRT/WR, FPR/SBR/Britek and lest we forget that BJR and GRM are running Walkinshaw chassis and engines respecitvly too! Even RNR run Walkinshaw kit if they're still around in 2010, and Triple F too with PMM kit... Tasman would surely be insane if they don't strike a supply and tech deal with Perkins for 2010 ala the Kellys!

But what of DJR and PCR... Both will be running Ex-888 FG Falcons, DJR have a fantastic engine package, PCR need a new engine supplier, if they contract DJR that will be some well needed cash Dicks way and they will be running 4 identical cars between them and can share tech!

This could keep both teams in the hunt and they would quite frankly be insane not to be looking at this if they aren't already... Together they could really become a powerhouse unto their own!

Thoughts...
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2533457)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if DJR and/or PCR buy the Ford 888 chassis, will they need to align? Those chassis are better than what SBR are producing at the moment...

At least thats how it looks from a spectators perspective.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:23 (Ref:2533488)   #3
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
GRM are running Walkinshaw chassis and engines respecitvly too!
At last visit and time I checked, GRM still build there own chassis. Don't think that Garry wasted all that money on a new fab shop for nothing now.

Would be good if DJR and PCR combined. They could continue the development of the T8 FG chassis together. Strong engine pack as well out of DJR.
I think the days of SBR being the top Ford engine team are starting to disappear.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2533513)   #4
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Stones used to build the engines for DJR when they worked there before they went out on their own. Since then however DJR have still produced a fast engine but have lacked the chassis. Its no secret come Bathurst time DJR have one of the strongest and quickest engine packages for the great race.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2533514)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if it happens my 1st and 2nd favourite teams will be combined, which could be good for the results sheet, but who do i list as my 2nd team then??
Old 3 Sep 2009, 05:07 (Ref:2533539)   #6
SJA
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
At last visit and time I checked, GRM still build there own chassis. Don't think that Garry wasted all that money on a new fab shop for nothing now.

Would be good if DJR and PCR combined. They could continue the development of the T8 FG chassis together. Strong engine pack as well out of DJR.
I think the days of SBR being the top Ford engine team are starting to disappear.
Maybe my wording is a little off... I was trying to point out the fact BJR use Walkinshaw chassis (and engines?) and GRM use Walkinshaw engines.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2533541)   #7
SJA
Racer

Australia
...and SBR now look like aligning closer with FPR with their hybrid engine project etc. etc.

I think it would be a missed opportunity if PCR took the easy road and just went back to SBR engines, whether they end up being a FPR hybrid or not.

It would be much more viable to combine efforts with DJR - for both teams!