Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jan 2002, 13:03 (Ref:207329)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damon Hill in BTCC?

I downloaded a Ford Sierra for SCGT which Damon Hill apparently drove in the BTCC. What year did he drive and how did he go.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 13:23 (Ref:207355)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never heard of Damon driving in the BTCC, but then again, I'm no BTCC expert.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 13:41 (Ref:207379)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
It was a one-off appearance at Donington in either 1988 or 89- the BTCC back then included a 1-hour race with driver changes, and Hill appeared in one of the RS500s- think it might have been one of Graham Goode's cars. I can't remember exactly how he got on without looking it up, but I think he finished something like 5th or 6th

I think it was one of those points in his career when he was struggling for a budget (that describes much of his F3 & F3000 career...)-I think he made a couple of appearances in sportscars that year as well
Old 31 Jan 2002, 19:29 (Ref:207598)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was indeed at Donington and it was in 1989, I can't remember how he got on either, I'd have to check the video (wherever it might be)
Old 17 Jul 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3837198)   #5
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4th Place, sharing with Sean Walker
Old 18 Jul 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3837232)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, as this thread's been resurrected, here's a picture:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sean (Touring car).JPG
Views:	16
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	51610
Old 18 Jul 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3837242)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I imagine this is one of the threads that definitely didn't need to be resurrected after so long.

Four posts in the same day 16 years ago, and then nothing. Suggests that the original query was answered to the posters' content - or that there was nothing worth discussing in any length.

I would imagine if Carrie and KA still had a burning desire to know the answer to their question 16 years later, they would have repeated the question somewhere else by now??
Old 18 Jul 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3837251)   #8
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I imagine this is one of the threads that definitely didn't need to be resurrected after so long.

Four posts in the same day 16 years ago, and then nothing. Suggests that the original query was answered to the posters' content - or that there was nothing worth discussing in any length.

I would imagine if Carrie and KA still had a burning desire to know the answer to their question 16 years later, they would have repeated the question somewhere else by now??
just imagine they had been sitting waiting patiently for someone to give that answer
Old 18 Jul 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3837254)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

This thread (along with many more) was resurrected by someone who was new to the forum and has obviously trawled through and found a number of old threads which was of interest to them, and so has added comments.
I too wasn't a member of the forum when this thread was originally live, but seeing it this morning prompted me to add the photograph I have as I thought it may be of interest to other members.
If there is still no interest in this, and other recently resurrected threads, it will just fizzle out again. However, if other members now find them of interest it will have been a successful resurrection surely?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3837257)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
This thread (along with many more) was resurrected by someone who was new to the forum and has obviously trawled through and found a number of old threads which was of interest to them, and so has added comments.
I too wasn't a member of the forum when this thread was originally live, but seeing it this morning prompted me to add the photograph I have as I thought it may be of interest to other members.
If there is still no interest in this, and other recently resurrected threads, it will just fizzle out again. However, if other members now find them of interest it will have been a successful resurrection surely?
I agree - a lack of interest will see a thread fizzle out.

Not all resurrections are a bad thing, if there is more to be added. So the picture you posted is exactly that - something that those who may not have seen it before may be interested in.

I also think though, before resurrecting a thread then a question to be asked might be - why did the thread die in the first place?

As the posting guidelines state - ' Before posting, ask yourself these questions [...] Has the topic been covered before?' The question is just as pertinent to whether a thread should be resurrected as it is to creating a new thread surely?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3837263)   #11
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I agree - a lack of interest will see a thread fizzle out.

Not all resurrections are a bad thing, if there is more to be added. So the picture you posted is exactly that - something that those who may not have seen it before may be interested in.

I also think though, before resurrecting a thread then a question to be asked might be - why did the thread die in the first place?

As the posting guidelines state - ' Before posting, ask yourself these questions [...] Has the topic been covered before?' The question is just as pertinent to whether a thread should be resurrected as it is to creating a new thread surely?
iI can agree not all resurrection are bad when there is new or valuable information to add.
However resurrecting about 15 over a 10 min period with nothing of note and no context to what they are adding just looks like someone spamming the boards.

If a topic is of interest and there's something worth noting is being bought up surely a new thread referencing the old is better than digging up old conversations where the moment is gone and half the posters have left

Last edited by btccbloke; 18 Jul 2018 at 10:06.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3837273)   #12
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sometimes get carried away, there I said it.