Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2528948)   #176
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Far Better than the putrid combo of Frosty and Richards over the past few years
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2528949)   #177
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

SBR to run a dual livery... looks ok actually...

Here

Not a big fan. It would look perfect if one side had Irwin and the other had SP Tools. Kinda like what Paul Morris and Team Kiwi did back in 2005.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2528950)   #178
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks great.

Did Willsy whip this one up, or did they do it in-house? (Though Willsy, Ninnyman etc are very good at race car liveries, if their own sign-writers are capable to design a livery you wonder why they hire people from outside?)

Interesting that SP and Irwin tool brands that aren't on the opposing cars, are now suddenly mixed together in dramatic style!

What happened to the brand that was on the lower front bar at QR???
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:08 (Ref:2528951)   #179
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Not a big fan. It would look perfect if one side had Irwin and the other had SP Tools. Kinda like what Paul Morris and Team Kiwi did back in 2005.
You'd assume FPR will be doing this: remove left doors of Orrcon car and attach to left side of Castrol car and vice versa... would be the easiest way for them.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2528953)   #180
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Razor - I'm with you, being that the base design is the same for both cars they could have run a half-half livery well, like the old Perkins/Ingall Castrol car from a few years back.

V8Fireworks - One would assume Roma Caravans was a one off sponsor for that round.

Changing the doors sounds okay in theory but the Falcon is outlined in a different colour on each car, I would say if they where to do a combined livery it would be more than a door swap and something different.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2528956)   #181
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Release at VESA
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Aug 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2528963)   #182
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
Razor - I'm with you, being that the base design is the same for both cars they could have run a half-half livery well, like the old Perkins/Ingall Castrol car from a few years back.

V8Fireworks - One would assume Roma Caravans was a one off sponsor for that round.

Changing the doors sounds okay in theory but the Falcon is outlined in a different colour on each car, I would say if they where to do a combined livery it would be more than a door swap and something different.
i'm with you and Razor half-half livery would have looked better IMO. still looks okay though IMO better then their last attempt at a combined livery and better then FPR's attempts, just looks abit squashed on the side for me, each to their own though.