Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jun 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1636603)   #26
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When you binned the bike this little red bar filled up on the screen. NFI what id did though...
Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1636741)   #27
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well after Knowlesy said not to buy this game I went out and bought it straight away (as I disagree with most of what he says )

For followers of the the GT series this game is definately worth investigating.

Imagine Gran Turismo Concept mixed with Gran Turismo 4: Prologue - but with bikes and this is exactley what you have here.

It is very 'small' compared to GT. The layout is very familiar - the menu system is pretty much straight out of GT4.

I'm fairly new to biking games - and I don't know that much about road or race bikes.

You can wheelie and stoppie and slide.

It is true that the 'racing' aspect is a bit thin.

There is bike tuning, you can alter some settings, and there are some performance parts that come with the bikes but have to be 'fitted'.

You can also alter your 'riding form' - how the guy on the bike handles it... you can set your body position, lean and yaw characteristics to change the handling of the bike - after a bit of tweaking this really makes a difference.

I like this game alot, but it is simply too small - with not alot of long lasting appeal - although it does feature the totally addictive nordschleife from GT4, whihch in time trial mode does just suck me in for hours.

To sum up:

If you want a good bike racing game it's worth Renting.

If you are a fan of GT you should probably just bite the bullet and buy it... for £28 it will give you a good few hours entertainment.

For the record, some of the existing tracks have been modified for bikes.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1636750)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In summary, after several (small) attempts at getting into the game I give it 5/10.

On full sim mode (yes I did find it ) it isnt hard enough.

The bikes feel like they are floating.

There is no racing.

There is nothing.

It is a tedious waste of time, only slightly less than GT4 Prologue.

I hate this game and shall burn it.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1636805)   #29
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I hate this game and shall burn it.
what a waste, take it to a charity shop!

or take it back to tescos and exchange it for toca 3, then you'll realise how detailed polyphony race sims actually are, then after 6 hours when you've completed toca 3, leave is a few days then take that back and get GTA:LCS
Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1636808)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have Toca 3.

Or did. I burnt it.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1638317)   #31
Matski
Racer

After a few more days playing this, I am getting used to the 'Pro & Semi-Pro' control systems, and now the game is really growing on me. Whats there is is really good - but I'll admit there is not enough challenges, tournaments etc, and the license tests are FAR too easy ((lots of silvers on first attempts!)though that might please some people!)

It is true that if you want competitive racing there is not alot to be had here. But I like the personal challenge of time-trials on the nordschleife - I have actually started a website for me and my friends to keep track of out times in GT4, and I'm going to extend it to cover TT... alas, I can't post the web address here - or I'll get even more 10/10 points!!