Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1150295)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where will the GPWC run races?

What happens if the GPWC goes ahead?
Which racetracks will they run on-i assume that alot of the current f1 tracks have it written in their contracts that they can't run any rival series events..?
Does anyone know anything about this?

Of course they could run on any decent track*,of which there are quite a few but for sure they'll want to run at monaco,spa and such places
I wonder if any attempt by bern to stop tracks from running a GPWC event would be seen by the european union as a contravention of anti trust regulations (can't think of the right words-this is an american term)?

*In case you're wondering-the tracks don't have to conform to any fia regulations as the fia have no say in what the GPWC does -unless the GPWC invites them to do it.Don't believe a thing max says about it-the fia has no preordained right to run motosport!!That would definitely be an antitrust violation.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1150302)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It won't need a different set of tracks.

GPWC - if it ever went ahead - would replace F1, not compete with it.

The GPWC is a bargaining tool.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1150343)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But you could have a pretty attractive European core of races with Brands Hatch, Zandvoort, Estoril, Jerez, Imola, Dijon-Prenois... Throw in Road America and we're laughing.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1150428)   #4
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if my post was blatantly anti bernie/fia(i do hate them tho).
Not what i was trying to get at in this question

But KB-
If the tracks WEREN'T allowed to have other races....you can bet bernie would run something(anything) and call it f1
....so the GPWC couldn't use those tracks
That would be HIS bargaining tool

See what i mean?
It could get really bogged down with both sides thinking they have a handfull of aces

I forgot about road america!!
Hey this could be good after all...add laguna seca maybe + there are other good ones around i'm sure?

How about they detune the cars drastically (for this event only) so they can race at the Nordschlief!

Last edited by RWC; 11 Nov 2004 at 14:05.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1150452)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically the problem is, which sponsors would continue supporting F1 (and which Tv channels would continue purchasing broadcasting rights) if what bernie woudl set up was a championship without Ferrari, Macs, FW, Renault, bar etc?
My thought is that, no matter what Bernie would like to do, he should give up for lack of the founding principle of F1: money.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1150533)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will only be one series, the banks are in court shortly in a case against BE over control of F1, they hold 75% and he (SLEC) has 25%, yet some how the banks don't have control - lawyers must have been asleep?

If they win, it's assumed they will do a deal with the GPWC which will reform F1, and effectively be a merger of the two 'factions'.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1150538)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GPWC will replace FI when Bernie "retires". The power struggle will go to the manufacturers and they will dictate where they race.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1150569)   #8
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing is for sure - the manufacturers won't be any more intersted in running races that don't have favourable condidtions for their business interests. That means tobacco advertising, and whatever other factors work out best for the business aims. If you think that this new governing body might have a refreshing standpoint on things like classic circuits for their own sake, or indeed other contentious issues like driver aids, I fear you are delusional.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1150639)   #9
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RWC--The issue of exclusivity in circuit promoters' contracts formed part of the European Commission's antitrust investigation of the FIA under Articles 81 and 82 of the EC Treaty.

This investigation was closed in 2001 after the FIA comitted to various undertakings, including the removal of exclusivity clauses from contracts with promoters. Any attempt to re-introduce exclusivity would be jumped on immediately by the Commission. As such, there is no legal impediment to F1 circuits hosting GPWC events.

(By the way, "antitrust" is used in Europe, but the more common term here is competition law).

Last edited by Gore; 11 Nov 2004 at 17:21.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:19 (Ref:1151031)   #10
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not at Albert Park, that's for sure! Ron Walker said about a fortnight ago that he didn't think GPWC has any legs and if it does, it won't be having a meet in Melbourne (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the general gist of it).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 23:22 (Ref:1152038)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
It won't need a different set of tracks.

GPWC - if it ever went ahead - would replace F1, not compete with it.

The GPWC is a bargaining tool.
At the moment yep I'd totally agree, and in the end a solution involving Bernie lossening his, uhmm, truly exceptional grasp of the commerical aspects of the business/sport (delete depending on your POV, or if you view it as the mix of the both as it has always been - although, of course, the comparitive levels and manners of each side has varied over the development of time) so that they are happy enough to stay together for the time being.

I cannot predict the future, and do not really know the ultiamte truth of what is going on in the situation. I can have a good idea of how I weould react, given my present state of self, in any given hypothetical situation. Could still be wrong come the time, but not too likely.

Right, I am starting to ramble now, so I will stop and spare you.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1152863)   #12
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
adelaide
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1153125)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
adelaide
Adelaide would be great.

If the GPWC was to race at different tracks, you would find that the tracks would be great, Adelaide, Brands hatch, Rio de janerio, Zandvoort, Brno, Zhuai, Paul ricard, the list goes on.

(Although Brands would cost a bomb to race on the GP circuit and safety issues and Paul ricard would be hard seeing as Bernie owns it).