Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Jan 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1499252)   #1
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Different) US Grand Prix advice

Further to the previous thread about travelling to the US GP, I too am hoping to be at Indianapolis in July. To that end, I have a few queires which I would be very grateful for any advice anyone is able to offer:

1. What are the best tickets to aim for? I notice on the Speedway's website that Paddock Penthouse tickets are available overlooking the start/finish line, but I was wondering whether nearer to the first corner would be better from a potential overtaking point of view?

2. Where would anyone recommend buying tickets from (I am making the assumption that the official website requires a US billing address, which I obviously do not have)?

3. How accessible is the circuit, or to put it another way, can I get away with not hiring a car or buying parking passes for the weekend?

Advice on any of these, or just generally, would be much appreciated. Thanks!