Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jul 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3108876)   #51
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Ford Australia's failure to aggressively promote the Ecoboost Falcon...
Problem is it takes money to do that.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3108890)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
The fact this has popped up in the general media well away from the Sports Pages at the back suggests it's something to worry about.
Was it not because X amount of Ford employees have just been let go and the therefore the future of ford and manufacturing of carsin Australia is in question.

Nothing to do with sport
Old 20 Jul 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3108891)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
V8 Supercars management and supporters of the category are unable to accept reality.........if people want to watch high powered performance cars race each other, they eventually will have to embrace GT3 and forget about crappodores.
yeah that what they said about GT1, hoes that working out?

I think i might go and wash my hair
Old 4 Aug 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3115888)   #54
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
V8 Supercars management and supporters of the category are unable to accept reality.........if people want to watch high powered performance cars race each other, they eventually will have to embrace GT3 and forget about crappodores.
GT3 racing is so Booooooring, I watched one race and fell asleep. actually i think i did
Old 5 Aug 2012, 02:22 (Ref:3116183)   #55
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
GT3 racing is so Booooooring, I watched one race and fell asleep. actually i think i did
I fall asleep watching the V8s.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3116201)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
We know, you tell us that much thats its become predictable.

even more predictable than whos going to win the 12 hour race, or who is top 4 in qualifying at the v8's
Old 5 Aug 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3116224)   #57
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
unlike yourself , I stopped watching after the 1st time I saw it. GT3? the cars are already fast stock, and your just watching them go faster. I'd rather watch grass grow, thats how boring of a series it is. imo of course
Old 5 Aug 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3116230)   #58
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the regular posters here say that this forum and others like it are a barometer of interest in V8 Super Cars? The answer would have to be yes, so have a look at the race threads in particular and notice how the length of them has died in recent times due to lack of contributors. Can anyone tell me any long term motor racing series that has grown substantially in the last five years in live spectator figures or even television. There may be one but of the hundreds around the world they all have one thing in common, a steady down hill decline. Even that great bastion of promotion NASCAR is suffering in a fairly major way. I don't know that even a freshening up the series with different cars or rules will do much as the trend is not specific to SC. Accept the international trend and you have to say that SC is not doing too badly at all. One thing that would help is if they built a really good track themselves with first class facilities as NASCAR did years ago.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3116254)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
unlike yourself , I stopped watching after the 1st time I saw it. GT3? the cars are already fast stock, and your just watching them go faster. I'd rather watch grass grow, thats how boring of a series it is. imo of course
Actually I lied. I don't fall asleep, I go to the football instead.......you're never quite sure who is going to win the football.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3116273)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Would the regular posters here say that this forum and others like it are a barometer of interest in V8 Super Cars? The answer would have to be yes, so have a look at the race threads in particular and notice how the length of them has died in recent times due to lack of contributors. Can anyone tell me any long term motor racing series that has grown substantially in the last five years in live spectator figures or even television. There may be one but of the hundreds around the world they all have one thing in common, a steady down hill decline. Even that great bastion of promotion NASCAR is suffering in a fairly major way. I don't know that even a freshening up the series with different cars or rules will do much as the trend is not specific to SC. Accept the international trend and you have to say that SC is not doing too badly at all. One thing that would help is if they built a really good track themselves with first class facilities as NASCAR did years ago.
Not really, i would say its a sign that people no longer come to forums like this, Facebook has the same ability but also links to drivers, teams, the series etc
Old 5 Aug 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3116283)   #61
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peckster, I think you are one of those who will look at any alternative to admitting the truth, in fact I reckon you would make a great politician who never lets the facts get in the way of a good story. Show me hard evidence of what you say re FB and not anecdotal stories and feelings. The figures of audience and viewer participation show that nearly all if not all motor sport is in decline.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3116288)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i can quote you all sort of information but it would be best if you went and checked them out

but i will say that the result link on facebook for todays race has 187 comments and 1500 people have "liked" the link.

you may be right about a decline in audience, although i notice they are expecting the largest ever crowd at bathurst this year, But my comment was that the decline in posts in this and other motor racing forums is not any sort of evidence, the decline in posts is due to people having an alternative that is more accurate and up to date and includes interaction with drivers and teams
Old 5 Aug 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3116302)   #63
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i can quote you all sort of information but it would be best if you went and checked them out
Your psychology does not work on me, you made the statement you front the figures to show that you are right. You made the blanket statement that FB and other places are making forums redundant, if that is the case why are you still here? If it were the case and you did not believe this forum served a useful purpose you being such a smart fellow would not be here. I don't believe what you say is correct but if you can prove me wrong go right ahead. I think the lack of activity here is a barometer of interest in SC which also happens to align with the trends in all motor sport here and OS.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3116304)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i already provided some information,

By the way i have provided more information than you have provided.

but here is some more, tent tenths had less than 8000 members many of whom are not interested in V8 supercars., V8supercars Facebook site has 240,000 people who like it and over 8000 people who have commented.

I still come because its what i have been doing for tenish years, but i can see that will get less and less, once upon a time forums were the place to go to get rumours, but thats no longer always true, speedcafe has it covered.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3116431)   #65
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
have a look at the race threads in particular and notice how the length of them has died in recent times due to lack of contributors.
But is that a reflection of the race series or of the posting? Some of these threads are very hard to read and harder to contribute to unfortunately.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3116440)   #66
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everything changes and evolves over time, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the worst.

In some areas, love of cars and motorsport is still alive and growing and in other areas, not.

With forums, I think the problem with facebook is that it is not organized to deal with "topics" and probably never will be. I think there is limited function in commenting on posts and long conversations on there are harder to follow.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3116461)   #67
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
ohh ur not into that gayFL are you?
No actually........are you?
Old 6 Aug 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3116486)   #68
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
But is that a reflection of the race series or of the posting? Some of these threads are very hard to read and harder to contribute to unfortunately.

The reason why they are very hard to read is that the majority of people posting on them, me included, know stuff all about the situations. As it is said A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE CAN BE DANGEROUS.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3116611)   #69
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
No actually........are you?
No. Football as in soccer? not a chance Lol! The real Football is Rugby league of course. all the rest are sissy contact sports compared..
Old 6 Aug 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3116651)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
although i notice they are expecting the largest ever crowd at bathurst this year
Haha - who said that? The promoter?

How was QR attendence on the weekend?
Old 6 Aug 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3116743)   #71
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The real Football is Rugby league of course.
Oh, you mean Rugby Union with all the skills that make the game interesting- rucks, mauls, line outs, back row moves, and the set scrummage- excised?

League was and is a gross simplification of the true game, concocted so that even the fat, beer-sodden, northern English working class lads who played it originally might have some chance of grasping the basics. Look how poorly the majority of those who've tried to move up from League to Union have fared.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3116809)   #72
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Oh, you mean Rugby Union with all the skills that make the game interesting- rucks, mauls, line outs, back row moves, and the set scrummage- excised?

League was and is a gross simplification of the true game, concocted so that even the fat, beer-sodden, northern English working class lads who played it originally might have some chance of grasping the basics. Look how poorly the majority of those who've tried to move up from League to Union have fared.

Old 6 Aug 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3116825)   #73
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Look how poorly the majority of those who've tried to move up from League to Union have fared.
Jason Robinson, Chris Ashton, Sonny Bill Williams... other than that point I agree with you, but it's waaaaay off topic.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3116838)   #74
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Haha - who said that? The promoter?

How was QR attendence on the weekend?
No the ARDC said it, who would you think said it?

pre ticket sales are well up, grandstands sold out and more have been put in. Camping sites sold out and more added.

have no idea of QR attendance

I dont get the idea of having two races in a row in QLD (which is what they weer going to do in VIC also (i undertsand the VIC idea even less, fortunatley they changed it)
Old 7 Aug 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3116910)   #75
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The two Queensland rounds were a long distance away from each other.

You're not likely to get too many north or south Queenslanders travelling to the other end of the state for the V8's, you do however get a lot of people from Melbourne heading up the Hume to go to the Winton round.

I've seen the QR numbers posted elsewhere on Facebook as follows;
Friday 15,367
Saturday 15,075
Sunday 16,234
Total 46,676

2011 Total 50,425