Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 15 Nov 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2987003)   #1
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it time to mention Licence renewals?

Dare I mention licence renewals this early?

I had my first stress ecg earlier this year (June) followed by having my "bumps felt" by the Daktari in August for a late renewal.

When the renewal dropped on the mat, a few days passed then I had a love letter from Slough to tell me that my Stress ECG was valid until June 2013, and my medical was valid until Aug 2012.

So, does that mean I can just apply online? The paperwork doesn't make it clear?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2987067)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had mine through last week,then a letter telling me to hurry up and renew so that my SR was still valid, seem/s that they now 'go along'with the three year thing.Not impressed by the fee increase for my Int License though and no explanation as to why there is a forty odd quid increase!Oh,dont do a three day application either!Price increase's such as these usually point at one thing.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2987115)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Rob, send the form in and leave the medical section that a doctor would sign blank if you can't do it online.
Terry, I thought the int. C had gone up around 15 quid, I'm sure I paid 169 last year. Not sure whether to bother with the extra 90 pounds over the Nat. A as I never use it.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 16 Nov 2011 at 08:07.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2987203)   #4
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Had mine through last week,then a letter telling me to hurry up and renew so that my SR was still valid, seem/s that they now 'go along'with the three year thing.Not impressed by the fee increase for my Int License though and no explanation as to why there is a forty odd quid increase!Oh,dont do a three day application either!Price increase's such as these usually point at one thing.

So does it mean that if my Stress ECG was dated March 2010, and I renew my licence now ( ie comfortably before March 2012) then I am Ok and don't need to do another?
I have just read the small print in the notes to the renewal form just received - in section 11.1.2 it says "A Stress ECG will be valid for two years and will need to be subsequently undertaken in respect of the licence application in the third year"
Old 16 Nov 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2987205)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomracer View Post
So does it mean that if my Stress ECG was dated March 2010, and I renew my licence now ( ie comfortably before March 2012) then I am Ok and don't need to do another?
I have just read the small print in the notes to the renewal form just received - in section 11.1.2 it says "A Stress ECG will be valid for two years and will need to be subsequently undertaken in respect of the licence application in the third year"
This is what I was wondering, mine's dated Jan 20th 2010.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2987304)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then both of you need to get them done asap.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2987321)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Then both of you need to get them done asap.
I'll get my medical done before the middle of January and send it off without an ecg and see what happens, that's if I am feeling flush enough for the International licence.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 05:33 (Ref:2987540)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Good man

Any news RE the car front Tim?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2987836)   #9
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got mine through last week aswell.

I think Id rather apply online also.

If I do not require a medical surely I do not need to fill in the doctor section as they already have my doctors details.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2987840)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Good man

Any news RE the car front Tim?
No, lack of space has put an end to that idea for the time being
Old 9 Dec 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2997558)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I managed to do my licence renewal online this year, done and dusted and on the doormat within 5 days. Shockingly competent (I just wish they'd sort the MSA website out - at best it's crap.)
Old 14 Dec 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2999483)   #12
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I did it all online, painless (other than the cost!), licence on the mat 3 days later!! Well done MSA. Now get that website sorted and sell the sport. Sell Sell Sell!