Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 May 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2682889)   #101
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've entered my "V8 Monster" but no reply from HSCC as yet. Have others received confirmation yet?
Old 2 May 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2682983)   #102
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
I've entered my "V8 Monster" but no reply from HSCC as yet. Have others received confirmation yet?

For test day this wednesday or event itself?

Instructions out for coming test day but I guess most grids not yet sorted for July.
Old 2 May 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2683073)   #103
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

For the event itself i meant. I just wondered if they had sent receipt of entry confirmations.

I missed out on the press/test day although I'm doing a track day on the GP circuit this Thursday to practice as i've never driven on it before.
Old 2 May 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2683107)   #104
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
For the event itself i meant. I just wondered if they had sent receipt of entry confirmations.

I missed out on the press/test day although I'm doing a track day on the GP circuit this Thursday to practice as i've never driven on it before.
err Ben cast your mind back to last year on the Monday after the Classic, we did that BRDC day - that was the GP circuit!
Old 2 May 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2683119)   #105
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Oh umm, yes....errrr right......age, memory, brain........who are you anyway and what do you want?
Old 2 May 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2683178)   #106
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just one minor point gents,has the GP circuit not been on the news of late?
Old 2 May 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2683215)   #107
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You mean the new or old one Terry? This is on the old one
Old 2 May 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2683288)   #108
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh,right.
Old 6 May 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2685299)   #109
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the test day, good to learn the new bits - i don't like club but i'm working on it....

Weather was good and so was the free lunch in the media centre....
Old 9 May 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2686841)   #110
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The musical entertainment on the Friday night would certainly be worth attending Dr.Feelgood and The Yardbirds - I recall seeing Dr.Feelgood at Silverstone before, playing in the hangar by the old Daily Express bridge at the circuit's 40th birthday bash in 1988....however...Saturday concert I'll avoid...Jedward from X-factor!!! I suppose the young kids would like it.
Old 9 May 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2686861)   #111
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
The musical entertainment on the Friday night would certainly be worth attending Dr.Feelgood and The Yardbirds - I recall seeing Dr.Feelgood at Silverstone before, playing in the hangar by the old Daily Express bridge at the circuit's 40th birthday bash in 1988....however...Saturday concert I'll avoid...Jedward from X-factor!!! I suppose the young kids would like it.
Do you know what is the Yardbird line up? Presumably no Eric Slowhand.
Old 9 May 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2686904)   #112
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Do you know what is the Yardbird line up? Presumably no Eric Slowhand.
This information is a year old but seems to be the latest on the official web site.
Old 9 May 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2687524)   #113
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

I've entered the HSCC V8 races but no confirmation yet - as anyone else?
Will be my first visit to the Classic festival as a participant - not sure wether to get a camper or stay nearby and drive in or what - any advice? Would like to soak up the social side - perhaps meet a few of the regular on here?
Old 10 May 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2687707)   #114
simon drabble
Veteran

I like my creature comforts so I would suggest stay nearby!
Old 10 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2687852)   #115
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm also a first timer, assuming the entry gets accepted. Can anyone tell me what the arrangements for motorhomes & trailers are? I believe we're not allowed in the paddock as per normal club events.

......and despite what the website says its not supposed to be a V8 race, although in reality it might turn out that way!
Old 10 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2687883)   #116
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As far as I can remember last year all the motorhomes were on a grass area near the Farm.
Old 18 May 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2693340)   #117
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
BRDC campsite? It's still there, but surrounded by digger tracks, when I last saw it!
Old 18 May 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2693374)   #118
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There will be acres of spare hard standing with the Arena track and the surrounding tarmac run-offs not being used.
Old 18 May 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2693528)   #119
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The motorhomes were all indeed near the farm, and right by the pedestrian bridge into the infield. Very convenient.

I took advantage of it last year, and there were warm showers and toilet blocks laid on as well. Just make sure you don't park right next to the generators.

Hoping to stay there again this year. Last year I slept in the dayvan since I was on my own.

This year I've rented an actual motorhome, since the missus is joining me (attempt to placate her since the Classic meeting falls on her birthday). Now all I need is the pitbikes, uniformed gofers and pit babes, and I'll have 'arrived'...

James

P.S. Motorhome booking form for this year's Classic is here: http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/us...-Form-2010.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
As far as I can remember last year all the motorhomes were on a grass area near the Farm.
Old 19 May 2010, 07:21 (Ref:2693814)   #120
simon drabble
Veteran

how much was it to rent a motorhome for the weekend?
Old 19 May 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2693820)   #121
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So how did you get on with 'The Old Circuit' Simon ?
Old 19 May 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2693823)   #122
simon drabble
Veteran

its very nice but then I have always liked Silverstone! The only noticeable differences (apart from Woodcote - as a result of that has the "correct" line in Luffield changed?) is the exit to Club gathers in a bit more than before and the strip where teh old and new tarmac in Vale makes the car go a bit light. I hope HSCC make it a regular circuit for that meeting
Old 19 May 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2693825)   #123
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It will be interesting seeing how the F1 boys tackle 'The Hump'!
Apparently,the 275 GTB went onto the new Pit Straight kerbing,it is thought that was the reason for the pitwall contact through lost traction on the left rear.I think that would indicate a slightly later turn in out of Luffield.
Old 19 May 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2693873)   #124
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
how much was it to rent a motorhome for the weekend?
Simon, I'm renting a veritable gin palace from a place just outside Swindon, so not a million miles from you. www.aclassluxury.co.uk - they're racing people themselves.

All mod cons, and costs me about the same as van rental + B&B per day. Also it means I don't have to buy overpriced Silverstoneburgers or Miltonkeynesfood like I did last year, it'll actually save me money. I've been told I can park next to my stand location so I'll have the added bonus of being able to trade later, too.

If you contact them mention my name....oops, back to JR's thread, it's not on here is it
Old 19 May 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2693874)   #125
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Simon, I'm renting a veritable gin palace from a place just outside Swindon, so not a million miles from you. www.aclassluxury.co.uk - they're racing people themselves.

All mod cons, and costs me about the same as van rental + B&B per day. Also it means I don't have to buy overpriced Silverstoneburgers or Miltonkeynesfood like I did last year, it'll actually save me money. I've been told I can park next to my stand location so I'll have the added bonus of being able to trade later, too.

If you contact them mention my name....oops, back to JR's thread, it's not on here is it
thanks I will go onto their website