Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3380655)   #1
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Smartest Job Change Over the Winter

And the winner is....... Eric Boullier. He must b so glad to not have the Lotus hanging round his neck.

Meanwhile the booby prize goes to Pastor Maldonado. Out of the car that is (so far)the most improved of 2014, and into the biggest disaster of 2014.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3380658)   #2
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Meanwhile the booby prize goes to Pastor Maldonado. Out of the car that is (so far)the most improved of 2014, and into the biggest disaster of 2014.
He gets no sympathy from me, especially with his comments last year.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3380690)   #3
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as I'd like Grosjean and Lotus to do well, Pastor could struggle all season and have 19 DNFs and I wouldn't care at all.

Both Boullier and Massa have made good moves. And Hulk even if in my book deserves a top ride, at least he drives a Mercedes engine and is in a better position than he would be in a Sauber.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3380698)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd forgotten Massa, though I think he's only moved sideways. However he has moved out of the shadow of teammate favouritism so that must be good: provided he can rise to the challenge.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3380738)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He could well find Bottas to be more of a challenge than he bargained for.....
Old 16 Mar 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3380741)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Nico Hulkenberg
He could have been at Ferrari but was rejected in favour of Kimi, Lotus, but had no money, and landed at Force India after having no future (money) at Sauber. Really, there was no where else to go except perhaps Williams, but he should be glad there was no landing at Lotus....

Although I think when Lotus sorts itself out it will be in the midfield at least.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3381038)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good job I don't believe in karma or any of that nonsense, because I'd believe it had happened to Maldonado with his switch.

How about?

Hulkenberg not going to Lotus.
Raikkonen leaving Lotus (although Ferrari look stale).

Lotus will get it together, though, won't they? Is their car fundamentally problematic or have they just not done enough testing?
Old 17 Mar 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3381053)   #8
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to read Lotus, isn't it? They keep saying their numbers look good in the windtunnel, but that car had quite poor pace in the race at the weekend. They were probably only quicker than Sauber, Marussia and Caterham. It's probably more to do with lack of testing and Renault issues.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3381066)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He could well find Bottas to be more of a challenge than he bargained for.....
I'm not so sure Massa has underestimated Bottas.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3381082)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Lotus will get it together, though, won't they? Is their car fundamentally problematic or have they just not done enough testing?
Or have they not done enough testing because their car is fudamentally problematic?
Old 17 Mar 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3381086)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Or have they not done enough testing because their car is fudamentally problematic?
I think its the Renault power unit that seems to be the problem...
Old 17 Mar 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3381088)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Getting back on topic..Both Eric Boullier and Felipe Massa have made good moves it would seem..

Felipe won't be driving in the shadow of Alonso any longer...
Old 17 Mar 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3381090)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice thread idea

im also going with Boullier. measured both terms of Mclaren's gain but more so because of Lotus's loss. Lotus' real problem is its lack of leadership, direction, and vision imo.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3381282)   #14
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boullier - One has left Lotus where it is all absolute chaos and joined McLaren who were always going to be way better than last season, so was guaranteed to look good.

Massa - I am so pleased for Massa, while he had a decent career with Ferrari until 2009/2010 he needed another challenge and now has less pressure and a better car.

At the other end

As many have said Maldonado gets shafted and after what he said about Williams last year its deserved. No real problem with him, but it was out of order what he said.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3381289)   #15
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Whitmarsh
Old 18 Mar 2014, 01:52 (Ref:3381329)   #16
MikeManNZ
Racer

MikeManNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that it was this year but on early pace it seems that Lewis made the right move or at least not the wrong move at the end of 2012.

Of course next year when Honda come back to McLaren he may end up regretting it but time will tell.....
Old 18 Mar 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3381332)   #17
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Boullier and Massa, certainly. Hulk too, because he might have tried to hold out for Lotus and either eventuality would've been worse than going to FI.

In a way, both Boullier and Massa had the same problem. Their issues in the past are likely less a reflection of lack of talent and more a reflection of lack of support from above. In McLaren and Williams, they've each found positions where that support should be forthcoming. Each will have challenges - Eric gets to deal with The Ron, and Filipe with a seriously talented young teammate - but they should not be hamstrung in other ways while dealing with those challenges.