Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Mar 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3383723)   #1
LMP1
Rookie

LMP1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes Engines | 100 F1 Wins

Following on from the 100 Audi LMP wins after the 6hrs of Circuit of the Americas, here is another century milestone by a German car manufacturer: 100 powerplant wins in F1 by Mercedes.

01. Belgium. Fangio. Mercedes
02. France. Fangio. Mercedes
03. Germany. Fangio. Mercedes
04. Switzerland. Fangio. Mercedes

05. Argentina. Fangio. Mercedes
06. Belgium. Fangio. Mercedes
07. Netherlands. Fangio. Mercedes
08. Britain. Moss. Mercedes
09. Italy. Fangio. Mercedes

10. Australia. Coulthard. Mclaren
11. Italy. Coulthard. Mclaren
12. European. Hakkinen. Mclaren

13. Australia. Hakkinen. Mclaren
14. Brazil. Hakkinen. Mclaren
15. San Marino. Coulthard. Mclaren
16. Spain. Hakkinen. Mclaren
17. Monaco. Hakkinen. Mclaren
18. Austria. Hakkinen. Mclaren
19. Germany. Hakkinen. Mclaren
20. Luxembourg. Hakkinen. Mclaren
21. Japan. Hakkinen. Mclaren

22. Brazil. Hakkinen. Mclaren
23. Spain. Hakkinen. Mclaren
24. Canada. Hakkinen. Mclaren
25. Britain. Coulthard. Mclaren
26. Hungary. Hakkinen. Mclaren
27. Belgium. Coulthard. Mclaren
28. Japan. Hakkinen. Mclaren

29. Briatin. Coulthard. Mclaren
30. Spain. Hakkinen. Mclaren
31. Monaco. Coulthard. Mclaren
32. France. Coulthard. Mclaren
33. Austria. Hakkinen. Mclaren
34. Hungary. Hakkinen. Mclaren
35. Belgium. Hakkinen. Mclaren

36. Brazil. Coulthard. Mclaren
37. Austrian. Coulthard. Mclaren
38. Britain. Hakkinen. Mclaren
39. USA. Hakkinen. Mclaren

40. Monaco. Coulthard. Mclaren

41. Australia. Coulthard. Mclaren
42. Malaysia. Raikkonen. Mclaren

43. Belgium. Raikkonen. Mclaren

44. Spain. Raikkonen. Mclaren
45. Monaco. Raikkonen. Mclaren
46. Canada. Raikkonen. Mclaren
47. British. Montoya. Mclaren
48. Hungary. Raikkonen. Mclaren
49. Turkey. Raikkonen. Mclaren
50. Italy. Montoya. Mclaren
51. Belgium. Raikkonen. Mclaren
52. Brazil. Montoya. Mclaren
53. Japan. Raikkonen. Mclaren

54. Malaysia. Alonso. Mclaren
55. Monaco. Alonso. Mclaren
56. Canada. Hamilton. Mclaren
57. USA. Hamilton. Mclaren
58. Europe. Alonso. Mclaren
59. Hungary. Hamilton. Mclaren
60. Italy. Alonso. Mclaren
61. Japan. Hamilton. Mclaren

62. Australia. Hamilton. Mclaren
63. Monaco. Hamilton. Mclaren
64. Britain. Hamilton. Mclaren
65. Germany. Hamilton. Mclaren
66. Hungary. Kovaleinen. Mclaren
67. China. Hamilton. Mclaren

68. Australia. Button. Brawn GP
69. Malaysia. Button. Brawn GP
70. Bahrain. Button. Brawn GP
71. Spain. Button. Brawn GP
72. Monaco. Button. Brawn GP
73. Turkey. Button. Brawn GP
74. Hungary. Hamilton. Mclaren
75. European. Barrichello. Brawn GP
76. Italy. Barrichello. Brawn GP
77. Singapore. Hamilton. Mclaren

78. Australia. Button. Mclaren
79. China. Button. Mclaren
80. Turkey. Hamilton. Mclaren
81. Canada. Hamilton. Mclaren
82. Belgium. Hamilton. Mclaren

83. China. Hamilton. Mclaren
84. Canada. Button. Mclaren
85. Germany. Hamilton. Mclaren
86. Hungary. Button. Mclaren
87. Japan. Button. Mclaren
88. Abu Dhabi. Hamilton. Mclaren

89. Australia. Button. Mclaren
90. China. Rosberg. Mercedes
91. Canada. Hamilton. Mclaren
92. Hungary. Hamilton. Mclaren
93. Belgium. Button. Mclaren
94. Italy. Hamilton. Mclaren
95. USA. Hamilton. Mclaren
96. Brazil. Button. Mclaren

97. Monaco. Rosberg. Mercedes
98. Silverstone. Rosberg. Mercedes
99. Hungary. Hamilton. Mercedes

100. Australia. Rosberg. Mercedes
Old 24 Mar 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3383861)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
<pedant alert>
when you list by country it's Great Britain please...
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3384045)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More pedentary hre, but is it truly fair to claim the 1997 to 2002 engines as Mercs. They may have been badged thus, but in reality they were the creation of Ilmor.

One even has to ask nowadays about how much input comes from Germany because, unlike say Cosworth which always retained it's name despite it's ownership, the current Mercedes racing power-units are still produced at the Ilmor facility even though it's been re-named.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3384089)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we forgetting the pre-war Mercedes victories? They were the Formula 1 cars of the day.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3384128)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Are we forgetting the pre-war Mercedes victories? They were the Formula 1 cars of the day.
I am never happier than when I am being pedantic, and Bob, you are helping to raise my happiness quotient.

Prior to 1946, they were Grand Prix cars and engines, and I believe that the first Formula 1 championship was held 1950; prior to this the races were non-championship.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3384339)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I am never happier than when I am being pedantic, and Bob, you are helping to raise my happiness quotient.

Prior to 1946, they were Grand Prix cars and engines, and I believe that the first Formula 1 championship was held 1950; prior to this the races were non-championship.
Not pedantry Mike, at least not intentionally, there was certainly a drivers championship pre-war, although I admit that most comparisons, and statistics used in such matters tend to stick with the current Formula 1 Championship.
I would need to check my facts before putting my big left foot into my big mouth, but I seem to recall that there was a European Drivers title available up to the outbreak of WW2.

In any case I was not endeavouring to throw any spanners into your proposition, which I have no doubt is correct as I would not care to check for myself.

I bet Mercedes would count all of those 1930's wins if they were making a claim though.

In a similar vein, I always say that McLaren have never won a Formula 1 race or championship. McLaren - Ford, McLaren - Honda, etc, etc. maybe but when comparing with Ferrari there is no comparison, as apart form 1957 they have always been Ferraris.

Just one man's interpretation.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3384388)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Manufacturers, Garagista and Assembletori!
Old 25 Mar 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3384404)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
More pedentary hre, but is it truly fair to claim the 1997 to 2002 engines as Mercs. They may have been badged thus, but in reality they were the creation of Ilmor.

One even has to ask nowadays about how much input comes from Germany because, unlike say Cosworth which always retained it's name despite it's ownership, the current Mercedes racing power-units are still produced at the Ilmor facility even though it's been re-named.
In today's world coming from Germany is irrelevant as to whether it is Mercedes or not. HPE may well have its origins as Ilmor, but it is very much Mercedes.

Similar arguments could be used to pretty much argue any motorsport venture has no basis in the name, but it fails to understand the globalisation of manufacturing.

Renault? Nah. Ferrari? Sorry Fiat. Actually very much Renault and very much Ferrari. Honda won't be Honda based on their plans, except they will be.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3384635)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Cribbed from Wikipedia;

The European Drivers' Championship was an annual competition in auto racing that existed prior to the establishment of the Formula One world championship in 1950. It was established in 1931 and ran until the end of 1939 with a hiatus from 1933–34, and awarded points to drivers based on the results of selected Grand Prix races, the so-called Grandes Épreuves (this term had been used for the most prestigious races since the 1920s; in 1931 and 1935, some significant Grands Prix which did not count towards the European Championship were still called Grand Épreuve). The championship was discontinued because of the outbreak of World War II in 1939, and no champion was officially declared for the last season.

The championship was run by the Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus (AIACR), the forerunner to the FIA who are today's world governing body of motorsport.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3384828)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well yes, but with the funding of Mercedes behind it. Both needed each other to be a success!

If Ilmor worked purely under the Mercedes banner, would the engine have been any more a Mercedes? Irrelevant point really.