Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3847836)   #1
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Help please - Cortina and 312T pics

I need a picture of a Lotus Cortina and a Ferrari 312T , from the rear , for a book cover . If you can help please pm me .

NB - there's no money in it, the images will form part of a bigger composite image but I will credit your copyright and you'll get a signed copy of the book.

More about the book on refugeoftheroads.co.uk
Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3847855)   #2
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can let you have Cortina pics. What angle do you want?
Better still you are close enough to come and get your own picture if you wish.

Sorry I don't have a 312T.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3847924)   #3
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I'm looking for a rear 3/4 view of Cortina , ideally. Happy to meet up-n can you pm me your details please?
Old 7 Sep 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3848613)   #4
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I need a picture of a Lotus Cortina and a Ferrari 312T , from the rear , for a book cover . If you can help please pm me .

NB - there's no money in it, the images will form part of a bigger composite image but I will credit your copyright and you'll get a signed copy of the book.

More about the book on refugeoftheroads.co.uk
No money? Wow that will attract the professionals..........

Is the book being given away or proceeds to a worthy charity?
Old 7 Sep 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3848620)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Think Fiskens sold a 312 T3, they must have pictures of it. If not, you can try with motor passion.com may be they can help.
My former boss, Jacques Setton had one in his wide collection, a book relates this: Les bolides de Jack Setton, by Hervé Poulain- famous auctioneer in France - and Alberto Martinez, éditions EPA.
Old 7 Sep 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3848648)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you allow me, may be you should be careful with cavalino's products images. I use to co-write a book together with my friend Alain Bienvenu about F road models. As far as I can remember, editor was Mondadori, chief editor was Thierry Soave and they had to discuss a long time about images to put in the book. Now you have the same situation with Stuttgart, I guess.
When a lot of money is around, people become rather touchy…
Old 7 Sep 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3848672)   #7
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
No money? Wow that will attract the professionals..........

Is the book being given away or proceeds to a worthy charity?

I worked out that the book has cost me 1000 hours of my time and , so far, about 7k in expenses. I will get 10% royalty on sales . It would be nice to break even, or perhaps make some profit, but in this game you never know . I am not a professional writer , I do it because I love writing, and have had stuff published since the early 80s , some for fees (and these days they are risibly low, in one case half what I got 20 years ago ) . It's been hugely gratifying to hear from people - letters , emails and in person that they've enjoyed reading my stuff . The majority of my work has been for nothing .

This is my third book, the other two were on a different subject and both were very well reviewed , and sold reasonably well . I reckon I am about 2k up..

Hardly anybody writes books to make money, and if you make some it's a bonus. I cannot afford to pay professional fees . In connection with a number of articles I've written some amateur photographers have been more than happy to let me us their own photographs , in return for a credit and a free copy of the publication . I appreciate their goodwill .

So no ,I am not donating my royalties to charity , but thank you for the invitation to do so . ...