Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2001, 16:41 (Ref:103961)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya Quit playing game's and learn to drive

Why dit you made the same mistake like in Monace you are a real rookie that have to learn some more. You are done for this year if you dont change.
This time it was Barichello but who is next ? just quit playing game's. Next time you could hurt somebody.
Well for me it is over for this years best rookie for me it is Kimi Raikonen

~~RB~~
Old 11 Jun 2001, 19:06 (Ref:104014)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya is the worst rookie ever!!!!!! Even worse than Rosset. Its time Williams sacked him. GET BUTTON BACK!!!!!

Raikkonen is the greatest rookie ever!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 19:33 (Ref:104020)   #3
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sigh ... 'reader's comments' drama on the horizon ...

Montoya suffered a front left suspension failure at the left curb entering the chicane. Little wonder he hit the wall. What a rookie mistake ...

Formula One is not the driver's racing series abundance of talent guys like Montoya have will bring them the goods. Even silky smooth gasfeet like Rubinho has are being forever wasted in this format.

And forums as well ...
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:21 (Ref:104049)   #4
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree wiv dino - its time that sum1 spoke the god-damned truth in f1 cos it happened in the 80's and it has gone and now sum1 has the gut to do this is now the person who is most hated...i dunno but that aint on. he may not be the best f1 rookie but remember if he jad won brazil, u wouldnt be saying this - he led a race for 38-sumthing laps without making a mistake - and producning a 20 second lead!!!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 22:27 (Ref:104111)   #5
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canada was a low, low point for Montoya on and off the track .But these comments about him being the worst this, that, or the other, on this and various other threads show a very low level of analysis and do a disservice to this community.!

He was on his way to a victory in Brazil , running a strong fourth in Melbourne until some part of his car packed up.He was second in Barcelona. People all round the world lept from their seats when he passed Shumacher (m) at Brazil, and at Imola he made what surely must be the move of the season so far when he passed Truli where many thought it was impossible.

Worst rookie of all time? Pure tabloid talk! (Sigh)
Old 12 Jun 2001, 00:05 (Ref:104156)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Montoya is the worst rookie ever!!!!!!
With a second place in his pocket !!!. Ohhh my God, what a Forum ...
Old 12 Jun 2001, 10:25 (Ref:104322)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
As I have said in may threads, its JMP's attitude that bothers me, rather than his driving. Worst rookie ever - thats very harsh. He will come good after Frank slaps him around a bit, or he'll go back to dominate CART.

KR is this years best - Montoya maybe the worst THIS YEAR. But worst ever - No.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 10:46 (Ref:104332)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

I have no sympathy for a loud mouthed over hyped jerk. However if he got his act together I'd change my opinion of Mintoya.

People keep talking about that second place as if its something he achieved on his own. There were a lot of retirements ahead of him. Brazil was a good show of flair and daring which unfortunately came to nought for whatever reason.

The point is that he's done nothing to harbour support, in fact he's been quite the opposite, alienating many people in the pitlane and the media.

The Overtaking move on Trulli? Well if I recall the Jordan wasn't exactly the fastest or widest car on the track.

It also seems a bit strange to me that the man who is the most talented driver to hit F1 has absolutely no reliability. Is he therefore a car breaker? That question prompts me to ask why he crashed in Montreal? A suspension breakege is usually the result of clouting something fairly hard. I await the Team Willy report on that with interest.

The worst rookie ever had to be Michael Andretti. But this guy comes close.

BTW. I didn't really class MA and I don't class JPM as rookies.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 11:01 (Ref:104337)   #9
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dino IV
Sigh ... 'reader's comments' drama on the horizon ...

Montoya suffered a front left suspension failure at the left curb entering the chicane. Little wonder he hit the wall. What a rookie mistake ...

Formula One is not the driver's racing series abundance of talent guys like Montoya have will bring them the goods. Even silky smooth gasfeet like Rubinho has are being forever wasted in this format.

And forums as well ...
Well done Dino, bringing a hint of much needed maturity and rational thought to the discussion. It has often been the case here that the TGF worshippers are the same people that in turn hate JPM, this is because they know (if only deep down) that JPM has what it takes to beat TGF in the near future. As for the crash in canada I don't beleive it was his thought, if it had been he would have admitted it as he did in Monaco.

Last edited by Damon; 12 Jun 2001 at 11:02.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 11:16 (Ref:104342)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Well done Dino, bringing a hint of much needed maturity and rational thought to the discussion. It has often been the case here that the TGF worshippers are the same people that in turn hate JPM, this is because they know (if only deep down) that JPM has what it takes to beat TGF in the near future. As for the crash in canada I don't beleive it was his thought, if it had been he would have admitted it as he did in Monaco.
Right.

For your info Damon, (and anyone else) I don't worship TGF. I consider the things he has done in some instances to be reprehensible. However I cannot deny that I believe him to be the best of the current crop (MH was, until this year, virtually as good).

Also I don't HATE JPM or any driver. I do dislike Montoya intensely because he's been given a brilliant chance to do something and is constantly failing.

To pick up on Dino's point. This is a discussion forum and therefore we're in here to discuss topics. We know each other reasonably well so I can't believe you seriously meant that we are turning this into a drama did you?

Has there been any coroboration that the suspension failed of its own accord?
Old 12 Jun 2001, 11:24 (Ref:104345)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Again, just to clarify. Trulli's Jordan had a terrible set of tyres at the time, and he was braking halfway up the straights.

As for JPM - well I'm sick of him, and constantly hearing about him.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 11:27 (Ref:104349)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Has there been any coroboration that the suspension failed of its own accord?
No Peter, that was a story started by the TGF haters
Old 12 Jun 2001, 12:42 (Ref:104401)   #13
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like I said - F1 is fickle with the 1 taken off and an 'ickle' added on the end.

And *reality check* - Montoya actually is a rookie.

It would be much nicer if people could write with a little more objectivity
Old 12 Jun 2001, 12:44 (Ref:104402)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah...as much as i have a little slight discomfort with JPM, isnt it a little harsh on him?

Yeah, he performed way below expectations so far, given that he is the luckiest of all 4 F1 rookies...being in the fastest car. He should have really grabbed his chance and finish races before pushing himself out of many of them. Even Mika and David had stated that Kimi is the best F1 newcomer this year, ahead of JPM. He really have to pull his socks...i've said it before...its one thing about talent...and another about your ability to put it to good use. He ought to stop creating problems and focus on finishing races...

Kimi and Alonso are so far more impressive than JPM.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 02:10 (Ref:104580)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Total-F1
And *reality check* - Montoya actually is a rookie.
Objectively speaking you have just down graded Champcars to a second class championship. I think there will be some Cart fans who will take issue wirth you there.

You can't objectively call Montoya a rookie if he's won the Cart World Championship, Also he won the F3000 championship so he's used to the F1 circus.

Objectively he's been hype to the hilt (like Button) but where Button delivered to a level higher than expected, Montoya has failed miserably.

Now to make this even more objective, compare his performance with Raikonnen, who is definitely a rookie in the truest sens of the word.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 03:53 (Ref:104611)   #16
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Now to make this even more objective, compare his performance with Raikonnen, who is definitely a rookie in the truest sens of the word.
Performance both on AND off the track! Well put, Peter.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 14:48 (Ref:104789)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
You can't objectively call Montoya a rookie if he's won the Cart World Championship, Also he won the F3000 championship...
It's true Peter (Indy 500 also), but, he is an F1 rookie !, no matter what he did before...
Old 13 Jun 2001, 16:01 (Ref:104802)   #18
renaultbel
Racer

Cart is NOT F1 the cars are almost totaly diffrent and the way Montoya is driving with a F1 car is like a Cart and that is not the good way.
Like Williams said a few day's ago Ralf and Montoya have to grown up well I think Ralf dont have to grown up anymore but Montoya YES
Old 13 Jun 2001, 16:12 (Ref:104803)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Who are we to comment on the driving techniques of the greatest drivers in the world. As members of a forum how do we know what way is right or wrong when driving an F1 car. Enjoy what Montoya has brought back to the sport and stop complaining.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 16:23 (Ref:104806)   #20
renaultbel
Racer

What dit Montoya brought back to F1 ? For me he still brought nothing back to F1 just a few nice crashes nothing more.
And like you said who are we to say what is wrong and what is good what Montoya is doing is not good for him.
I dont hate ore love a F1 driver for me they are just all the same.
The 1 better than the other but that is every where. I dont say Montoya is a bad driver but he have to slow down he is going to fast the only thing on his mind is winning a GP this is to early to think that, he first have to learn more about a F1 car
F1 is not the same as Cart
Old 13 Jun 2001, 16:47 (Ref:104812)   #21
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by renaultbel
What dit Montoya brought back to F1 ? For me he still brought nothing back to F1 just a few nice crashes nothing more.
Damon, get a dog for this blind guy , please !!!
Old 13 Jun 2001, 17:46 (Ref:104828)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Old 14 Jun 2001, 05:43 (Ref:104989)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Now let me see. He's brought a lot back to the sport.

Got it. Uncertainty. We can never tell exactly when he's going nerf someone, (we must have that to come), drive someone off the track, just damage the car by overdriving, throw it at the scenery or indeed, if he might actually ONE DAY keep his big mouth shut and drive a good race.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 08:20 (Ref:105022)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
We can never tell exactly when he's going nerf someone, (we must have that to come), drive someone off the track...
When exactly did he drive someone off the track? I sure as hell can't remember this.

Seeing as most here can not remember any further back than the last three races I'll elaborate. Montoya has reintroduced excitement, racing spirit and above all overtaking to F1. he has shown it is possible even against the best in the feild. Besides this if he wasn't in the sport who would you lot be able moan about?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 08:34 (Ref:105030)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
[B]

When exactly did he drive someone off the track? I sure as hell can't remember this.
Austria. Seems your memory span is shorter than those you've insulted.

Quote:

Seeing as most here can not remember any further back than the last three races I'll elaborate. Montoya has reintroduced excitement, racing spirit and above all overtaking to F1. he has shown it is possible even against the best in the feild. Besides this if he wasn't in the sport who would you lot be able moan about?
Hmm,

You may be right about what he's introduced - "excitement" but as someone who remembers a lot further back than your apparent memory span (This season?) I don't recall any performances as appalling as his so far in a first season in F1 in a top seat. As to "racing spirit". I can't believe you really think that. Overtaking? Once against a competitive car, a lot against stricken or lesser cars.

Tags
jpm