Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1430091)   #1
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit Driver Winter Raceday

"ANGLESEY CIRCUIT CLUB "CIRCUIT DRIVER" WINTER RACE DAY”

Anglesey Circuit Club will be organising a Race Meeting at the Anglesey Circuit on Sunday 4 December. The Raceday’ will be a 12 race affair with 2 Heats and a Final for 4 categories that will encompass just about every type of car on the National Racing scene. As last year, Circuit Driver will be supporting and covering the meeting.

1. Formula Ford 1600
2. Sports Cars
3. Saloon Cars
4. Single Seater Racing Cars upto 2000cc
Classes will be formed from the entries received.
Basically it is Formula Libre for Single Seaters, Sports Cars and Saloon Cars.

Sports Cars can be anything from Radicals, Caterhams, Westfields, MGs’, Ginettas, Historic Sports etc., and anything you would use on a track day

Saloon Cars can include the likes of XRs’, Stock / Hot Hatch, Ford Saloons, Super Coupe, SELOC BMWs’, Historic Saloons and Alfa Romeos’ etc., and anything you would use on a track day

Single Seaters from the ranks of Monoposto, Formula Jedi, Formula Renault 1700, ARP F3, FF2000

Anglesey Circuit Club know that many Track Day drivers have taken their ARDS Test and possess a Race Licence, but many haven't actually raced yet. So if any Track Day drivers fancy a fun race meeting they would be more than welcome to take their first steps into actually racing at this meeting.
Lap times at Anglesey Circuit are similar to Brands Hatch Indy.

The race entry fee for qualifying and 3 races will be a bargain £100

Anybody wishing to do pre race testing will be able to do so on Saturday 3 December for £65 [pre booked] £75 on the day

The Paddock Bar and Bistro will be open on the Saturday evening for those staying on circuit.

Entry Forms are available from ff1600.nw@ntlworld.com 07939 107888 or by post from 70 Cotton Lane, Runcorn, WA7 5NE

2004 Inaugural Meeting Feedback

'A race meeting at Anglesey in December? He must be crazy!' I never said that......honest!

A grand meeting, it showed what can be done without paying stupid sums in entry fees, though we had a few dramas, like my lad had his gear lever come adrift at the start of the 2nd race, steered with one hand and changed gear, eventually, by pulling and pushing the cable with the other. Still got past Steve Clegg in his F3 though. Pity we didn't make the 3rd race.
Obviously lots of hard work on your part and well worth the trip for us, thanks & hope it happens again

What a great day that was; incredible weather, superb racing

I agree with everyone elses comments, what a brilliant day, great racing and a really good atmosphere

First time I've done Anglesey !!! What a cracking day & some great racing . A lovely atmosphere & thanx to rescue crew & your xmas songs ( I haven't laughed so much in ages :-)
The club really looked after us & it was well worth the journey .I will definitely do it again

brilliant weekend thanks, some of the best racing seen all season. What a shame we got to wait another 12 months? for the next one!!!! cheers mate

Well, for all the softies that didn't come to Anglesey, you missed a cracker of a raceday!

12 races plus 45 minutes for lunch and a surprisingly mild temperature!
The Formula Ford racing was the best I have seen all season.