Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2003, 21:53 (Ref:562211)   #1
lara
Rookie

lara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a new member... What about the race(Brasil)?

Hi there,
My name is Laura... but there was already a member with this name, so i had to change it... But it doesn't bug me.
I am,obviously a David's fan.
What do you guys say about the race in Brasil?
I ,for one, loved it and enjoyed it very much...
I loved the fact that it was full of events, and that MS abandoned it... What about his skills on the rain, where are they? Everybody talks about the "Rainman" in f1, but he abandoned on rain...
If I were Rubens this is what I would have done at the end of the race...
Well, I hope to get some answers... to my question: Did you like the race or not?

Last edited by lara; 7 Apr 2003 at 21:55.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:21 (Ref:562229)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome Laura! Hope you have a nice stay...

The race was good! Exciting and all that! I was disapointed MS spun off! But thats just me :P Barricello should put his own engines in the car and Alonso's crash was just tottaly amazing... *shivers in my spine* Thats that for all my random thoughts :P

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:24 (Ref:562231)   #3
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Laura...I think I might know you from one other forum because your age, name and the fave driver remind me of one person. Enjoy your stay
Old 8 Apr 2003, 03:52 (Ref:562364)   #4
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M.Schumacher was making steady progress. He messed up, but that doesnt mean that he's not good in the rain. Overall it was entertaining, but not great. I feel bad for Fisichella, and I'm glad to hear that Alonso is OK.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 04:28 (Ref:562379)   #5
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets not pass any unncessary judgement when we are mentioning of Michael...indeed he's the master of rain but as we all know that Bridgestone tyres this season aren't that great in the rain.

Just look at the start of the race, Rubens was on pole but couldn't maintain for long because of Michelin's superiority.

As for Michael's case....the car was aquaplaning a lot and there's nothing that he could do but slide. The majority that aquaplaned was bridgestone runners.

Welcome to ten tenths Laura...
Old 9 Apr 2003, 15:38 (Ref:564086)   #6
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welocome Laura yeah the race was class just ashame about alonso
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:41 (Ref:564380)   #7
dragon x
Rookie

dragon x should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome. Another "I-like-when-MS-is-out" fan
Old 9 Apr 2003, 20:05 (Ref:564415)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The more anti-TGB fans, the merrier i say!

Welcome!
Old 10 Apr 2003, 02:09 (Ref:564711)   #9
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not great it rain Juke, but same as last year in intermediate conditions...

I don't think the skill of any 'Turn 3 driver' could be questioned. Take a look. 2 top cars on differant tyres, and more spun but didn't go off all the way. Top drivers, experianced drivers... you name it. Turn 3 was just a river and it'll be fixed for next year, don't worry.

But overall it was a good race and the safety cars really gave the lower teams a chance to flex their strategies.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 02:17 (Ref:564715)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brazil was a b!tching race! You'll probably read that some think otherwise, but they like to watch technology in action, not REAL racing. That or they cannot find a race interesting if 'their' driver doesn't do well.

I wouldn't look down upon those who went off on turn 3, but you certainly have to think highly of those who did not.

Now we just have to work on your driver preferences.

Last edited by Snrub; 10 Apr 2003 at 02:18.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:48 (Ref:564828)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Laura, welcome to ten-tenths !

ST
Old 10 Apr 2003, 14:18 (Ref:565139)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Laura (Iara), welcome to our friendly forum !

You say you are from a "nice place" let me guess... uhnnn... Romania ??

You'll find lots of friends here and a lof of fun.

As for your fave driver, well, there are a few like you here, but it's not so rare. If it was for his girlfriend, then there are loads of them !!!

Don't stick on the TGF bashing mafia, the JPM disciples gang or the TGF lovers bunch, they usually end up the discussion celebrating in a pub.

There are a growing crowd of Kimi troopers and another of Fisi escuderos !

Oh, don't forget that we have some JV's resistance volunteers and JB's defenders...

Anyway, have fun here.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 17:10 (Ref:565286)   #13
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That clear's some confusion up for me, I alway's wondered why they likened TGF to the autistic Dustin Hoffman character....mind you he was an excellent driver.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 20:13 (Ref:565486)   #14
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the race was great, i have to say it was (almost) a dream result for me aswell, kimi, fisi, alonso although fisi did really win.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 04:20 (Ref:565823)   #15
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You forgot Mark's Mob, Bononi.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 07:51 (Ref:565930)   #16
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And don't forget the 'slicks' on a 'wet' surface scenario anyway, because the two do not mix well... The state of some of the tyres defied belief - whatever happened to tyres having to show some of their grooves? Both the Michelin's and the Bridges' on some cars were so well worn, that the drivers would probably have spun off from a lack of grip on a dry track, let alone a wet one!

Oh, and by the way, welcome to ten-tenths Laura.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 13:38 (Ref:566303)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
You forgot Mark's Mob, Bononi.
Oh, they are the best ones !

But that's not because I'm one of them
Old 12 Apr 2003, 01:33 (Ref:566921)   #18
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Lara, welcome to the forum.

A question:

How do you feel about the race as a DC fan?. I'm one of those who think he was the one who lost the most. It seems likely that, if all pit-stops had gone according to plan and the race gone till it's proper end, the winner would have been David very likely.

I'm glad about Giancarlo's win and also feel good about Kimi's performance but I feel DC was handed a "raw deal" by the mess at Interlagos.

Cheers,

RT
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:27 (Ref:567774)   #19
lara
Rookie

lara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi RT, and everyone else...
Thanx.
How do i feel about the race as a DC fan? Cool... I do think that if it hadn't been for all that messup, he could have won the race. I was so mad because with only some laps after he went on the pit stop being leader) the race was stopped... Well, it is better than barichelo who was left out of gass...(so I've heard).
I don't know if i am well informed... could you help me with this? I have a question... Who won the race... was it kimi either fisi?
All in all, the race was cool; i loved it, i haven't seen such an interesting race for some time now... for a couple of years since the ferrari's dominateED the races... it's no longer the case... i hope.

Last edited by lara; 13 Apr 2003 at 01:32.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 13:56 (Ref:568157)   #20
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bononi has the point...so there's no need to introduce anything else...