Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 May 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1303010)   #51
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Its more a point of how many they can sell
Old 17 May 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1303020)   #52
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Autosport.com is talking about RAR running "Astons" and referring to "the cars"; typo, or might we see two Cirtek cars?
Old 17 May 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1303073)   #53
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfan
Russian Age Aston is ready! Debut in Spa (FIA GT). Ferrari is still for LMES (Convers Team) and 24h Le Mans (Cirtek)
Nice photoshop work GTfan... did you do it by yourself ? The AM is really nice with that blue livery...

Check : the source is a Russian website, http://www.asport.ru
Old 17 May 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1303088)   #54
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic
v8 supercars in australia runs on 2 brands.. but i'm sure DTM will survive, merc has thrown in alot of money this season..
Just like the ITC then?

Without Opel, grids will be down to 16 or so cars, thats if Audi and Mercedes run 8 cars. Highly unlikly in Audis case.

Bramzel, where did you here that Audi will pull out?
Old 17 May 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1303341)   #55
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't recall JAG, I'm sorry. It was quite a while ago already, might as well have been a false rumour.
Old 18 May 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1303369)   #56
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
I can't recall JAG, I'm sorry. It was quite a while ago already, might as well have been a false rumour.

There was a story, rumour about a year ago that if it was just down to two marques, then Audi would pull the plug. I don't know the source, or the reliability.....
Old 18 May 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1303455)   #57
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cant say that ive heard anything official about this either, only what the commentators have said during the year regarding Opel leaving, and that if they do it might mean Audi "reviewing" the situation too. Lets just hope Opel do change their mind about pulling out, or at least if they dont someone like BMW comes into the fray. The DTM really does need at least 3 manufacturers IMO, at least if it wants to retain the the stature and the fan base it has now.
Old 18 May 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1303806)   #58
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scuderia Italia

Back on topic:

I suppose then Scuderia Italia will stick to their famous livery? Will be nice to have some red Aston's on the grid.
Old 18 May 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1303809)   #59
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed Saleen it would, would add a bit of variety again too colour wise. I dont think there are any all red cars at the moment in FIA GT, at least in the GT1 class, I know we have Gruppe M in GT2 but I dont think there are any in GT1 at the moment.
Old 18 May 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1303823)   #60
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Indeed Saleen it would, would add a bit of variety again too colour wise. I dont think there are any all red cars at the moment in FIA GT, at least in the GT1 class, I know we have Gruppe M in GT2 but I dont think there are any in GT1 at the moment.
Sure there are, the GPC Ferrari 575s have more red on them than the GruppeM cars, I believe.
Old 18 May 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1303829)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Sure there are, the GPC Ferrari 575s have more red on them than the GruppeM cars, I believe.
Larbre 550 is red!
Old 18 May 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1303834)   #62
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yeah actually thinking about it your right, my mistake. I also forgot about the Labre Ferrari 550. Still, will be great to have BMS back anyway.
Old 18 May 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1303845)   #63
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there aren't many green cars, though
Old 19 May 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1304491)   #64
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Autosport is suggesting that, post-Spa, Cirtek may run Bouchut and Vasiliev in the Aston and Fomenko and Darren Turner in the Ferrari. My reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bouchut/Turner in the Aston, Vasiliev/Fomenko in the Ferrari! When will people learn? All Vasiliev's presence will do is hobble the Aston's chances.

Also, disappointingly, Beppe Lucchini says that the second BMS Aston next year will be driven by "very fast amateurs". Sigh.
Old 19 May 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1304553)   #65
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
When will people learn?
When do people learn that it isn't that easy? You really think that Schirle wouldn't do that if he had the chance?

The BMS 550's were driven by very fast amateurs last year as well. A fast amateur became the champion, and not only because he had a fast teammate.
Old 19 May 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1304568)   #66
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vasiliev and Formenko will be integral to whoever is bank rolling this project and will ultimately dictate I would have thought.

Schirle is a canny operator and well-rounded businessman.

When will Rob Schirle learn?

You might as well try and teach Ronaldhino to play football!!!
Old 19 May 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1304685)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Might be good to have Turner in the 550, to give it a chacne of keeping up with the DB9 and the Mazza's!

I'm excited about the number of Aston's potentially taking part but i would still like the 550 to be up there a la Bouchut and Lamy or the 575 have bit more development?

And somebody please spend some money on the Lambo!! It sounds too damn good to be shelved!
Old 19 May 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1304710)   #68
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next stage of the 575 development should be ready for Imola. This was reported elsewhere on the forum but cant remember
Old 19 May 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1304762)   #69
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I understand the weight which financial constraints have; what I don't understand is how the sponsors who are dictating these decisions can think they're making sound judgements. If I were Fomenko or Vasiliev, I hope I'd have the grace and sense to realise what ought to be done, even if it didn't benefit me personally. What's better, to have a points finish with yourself in the car but waste much of the team's potential, or to miss out on a win yourself but see the team you're backing (and therefore your 'product') take a win?
Old 19 May 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1304788)   #70
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I understand the weight which financial constraints have; what I don't understand is how the sponsors who are dictating these decisions can think they're making sound judgements. If I were Fomenko or Vasiliev, I hope I'd have the grace and sense to realise what ought to be done, even if it didn't benefit me personally. What's better, to have a points finish with yourself in the car but waste much of the team's potential, or to miss out on a win yourself but see the team you're backing (and therefore your 'product') take a win?
What do you think? That Vasiliev and Fomenko are collecting so much money to pay for others seats? Because that's what they'd do then. I understand your point, but its not realistic to expect Vasiliev and Fomenko to take seat in the slow car. They pay a lot, so they want to race in front. Don't forget Bouchut nearly doesn't have to pay anything and Turner won't bring a lot of money either. So Vasiliev and Fomenk won't say "here's our money, use it to to make others fast and ship us off with a old spec car".