Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Oct 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3585766)   #76
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never knew you missed it, but now it's there!!! well, in 2016 then.
http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-starting-grid
One fart of purple trouser buzzwords. Things like 'collision analysis' scare the bleep out of me. More hours after the race ends 'decisions' by the stewards on their way? Will that data be synced to camera angles that don't exist? Because even now video is hardly the right evidence in some cases.
And you already can predict the soundtrack to the data... the commentators reading to us what we can read on the screen ourselfs.
Sounds impressive though, ODB2 dongle with a bit stronger wifi then the 30euro ones of off ebay.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3585947)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This really does seem to be all IMG are itnerested in at the moment, getting more and more partners involved.

I cant really se ethe relevance myself, but the sales team at IMG, give them credit they ccan cleaely sell snow to eskimos.

But isnt this supposed to be about rallycross?

Seems to be more about a brand than anything else. Lie GRID or Need for Speed.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3586368)   #78
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not my most successful weekend at the track, but a few shots from Franciacorta...

...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57660067665689

If anyone is interested!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3587629)   #79
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
If anyone is interested!
Interested? Oh Yes!!

Many thanks for the photos including the excellent ones on the link. Great stuff! Wish I'd been there!!

Cheers, Steve
Old 3 Nov 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3587759)   #80
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Interested? Oh Yes!!

Many thanks for the photos including the excellent ones on the link. Great stuff! Wish I'd been there!!

Cheers, Steve
No worries! I was feeling a bit rough on the Sunday, but it was still a great weekend. The circuit surprised me; I was expecting it to be flat, but there was actually a pretty significant elevation change across the track. Just goes to show how deceptive cameras can be when watching racing on TV!

Preferred the revised bottom end of the track from last years layout, but the regular lap cut up badly on the inside of the corner. If they ever revisit the layout at Franciacorta I would think they'll have to do something about that.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3589682)   #81
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that Franciacorta is bankrupt and has been closed by police on court order: http://www.automoto.it/news/franciac...autodromo.html
Old 11 Nov 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3589836)   #82
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been there this year I have to say thats a real shame. Not necessarily from a rallycross point of view but it was a good spectators track and I bet would have been a good place to watch touring car or bike racing.