Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Nov 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3589289)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R13 - Rosario, Argentina

Not long before the conclusion of this years Championship so, for the last time in 2015, I thought I'd start a thread!

I would think it will be a fairly small entry in Argentina again, though I see that the Fiesta of Max Pucher will be driven by Janis Baumanis:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...rive-for-world
Old 9 Nov 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3589300)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't edit my original post, so I'll have to double post. RX Lite driver Thomas Bryntesson will make his Supercar debut in Argentina driving a Marklund Polo:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...tesson-to-make
Old 10 Nov 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3589540)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Did Pucher do any rounds outside Europe?

PG will leave Marklund? Why else would you give up your seat?
Old 10 Nov 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3589550)   #4
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
PG will leave Marklund? Why else would you give up your seat?
Yes, I´m sure he will. PG already vacated his seat in Canada and Spain (where Tanner Foust competed instead) and being honest his performance was disappointing (since UK).
Old 10 Nov 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3589555)   #5
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
Yes, I´m sure he will. PG already vacated his seat in Canada and Spain (where Tanner Foust competed instead) and being honest his performance was disappointing (since UK).
In Canada Marklund decided to give Foust the manufacture spot so Anton Marklund could use PGs Polo instead of him. In Spain they favored Foust over PG. Besides, PG only had a contract that secured him eight races
Old 11 Nov 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3589738)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I hope PG will be back next year. He may not have been as competitive in the second half of the season, but he is brilliant to watch.

Entry list for Argentina now online:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/E...io%20(ARG).pdf

19 Supercars, so Petter needs to beat the slowest seven drivers in the heats to take the World title?
Old 24 Nov 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3593039)   #7
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just noticed Argentina will be shown live on Quest 5-7 PM.

Someone with a better memory than me might be able to recall when Rallycross was last shown live on a free to air terrestrial UK channel because I certainly cannot remember??

Hopefully it is not a one off and we get more of the same next year.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3594217)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Dust, dust, dust...
Old 29 Nov 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3594228)   #9
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No 4th heat, loads of dust, too many breaks on Quest! Disappointing end to the season! Great semi from Kevin Hansen though.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3594247)   #10
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least there was some good racing in the semis and in the final in my opinion. Getting bored, annoyed and irritated though by the non-rallycross tracks
Old 30 Nov 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3594432)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simple answer

If you do not like it, don't watch it, do not attend any rounds.

Or send some email or something and try and affect change.

They will not change anything if people continue to turn up and watch car park motorsport.

Next we will have a drift box, and judges rewarding style and smoke!
Old 30 Nov 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3594445)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The dirt was clearly a major issue and it's a shame they had to bin the fourth set of heats. At least they managed to get it sorted for the finals, as both the semis and final were a good watch. As said above, excellent drive from Kevin Hansen and Baumanis.

Nice to be able to sit down and watch the racing on the TV and not on a laptop!
Old 30 Nov 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3594517)   #13
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with Chunder on this one. Get excited about the permanent rallycross track events, no interest at all about the temp tracks. Great to see Robin Larsson win though.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3594652)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Oh yeah. Watching the Argentinian round certainly didn't make me want to rush out and book flights there for next year, unlike permanent tracks like Holjes or Hell. Having said that (and dust problems aside) I still thought the layout at Rosario was still way above GRC track standards...

...speaking of the GRC, how awful was the pit lane commentator during the live coverage? Listening to her interview the drivers/teams was excruciating!
Old 1 Dec 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3594700)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Says a lot fella

You still watch it!
Old 1 Dec 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3594784)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The temporary WRX tracks are still way better than GRC tracks.
I don't watch GRC anymore.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3594873)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think the only GRC I ever watched was the first couple of Xgames

I then found out about MArcus and Topis accidents and decided there and then to deride this awful series from then on.

When national series are struggling all over the world apart from Scandinavia, to have a massive budget series racing in car parks does this sport no favours.

WRX is bad enough at times, but some of the early years of GRC did them no favours at all trying to run on pure asphalt tracks with water over them, was pathetic really.

Just looked desperate
Old 2 Dec 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3594925)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I think the use of the GRC presenter in the pits during the Argentina coverage was actually a cunning ploy to make me detest Neil Cole a bit less!

I still dip in and out of the GRC, but I don't follow it as closely as I used to.
I feel obliged to watch it every now and then though, just so I can be objective when discussing it.

It's a conversation that has been had elsewhere on the forum and, as I said there, I'm not sure if it's due to the rise of the World Championship or because the GRC has gone off the boil (or both), but I just don't find the racing entertaining.

Funnily enough I would say the X-Games rounds have probably been the best ones of the last couple of Championships: they are the only ones that run six car finals (I think at the insistence of ESPN?). 10 Supercars on the line are a fantastic spectacle, but the first corner is always going to be tight with 10 cars, especially on a temporary circuit.

The quality of the GRC circuits are still pretty variable, some of them seem to work, others really do not. Although the World Championship temporary circuits might not have been amazing, they have all provided some decent racing. And at least the World Championship seem to be learning when it comes to the temporary tracks (I personally thought Canada looked much better this year).

Although the indoor section is perhaps a bit gimmicky, the Snoqualmie (DirtFish) GRC tracks have easily been the best so far in my opinion.
Old 5 Dec 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3595677)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Not much wrong with quality of the grid (although it's almost a Fiesta Cup).

They fail in improving the tracks.
Don't really like the temporary WRX tracks but they are still way better than GRC tracks.

GRC should also use the WRX format. Races with 10 cars doesn't work.