Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2019, 03:20 (Ref:3918676)   #176
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport have a summary of all this. It’s quite good if you d been dipping in and out as it puts everything on order:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...e-sponsor-saga

They also have some on Niki Lauda:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...auda--19492019
Which is way more interesting.
Old 21 Jul 2019, 07:37 (Ref:3918702)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rich Energy have really made themselves look silly. No wonder they are looking for a name change to make a fresh start
Old 30 Aug 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3924809)   #178
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's back!!!

https://formulaspy.com/f1/william-st...h-energy-63939

Storey back in control.

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3924810)   #179
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guess who's back, back again. Storey's back, tell a friend.

I actually get excited when there's new posts in this thread. Rich Energy is so mental it's fun.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3924812)   #180
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
He's back!!!

Storey back in control.

Richard
Is Storey the only part of the F1 circus that genuinely took a summer break then?
Old 30 Aug 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3924832)   #181
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is Storey the only part of the F1 circus that genuinely took a summer break then?
I was thinking the same thing about the summer break aspect.

So far the Rich Energy twitter feed looks like Storey has yet to extract the password from whoever took over social media while he was in "time out". Given his past history, I just can't see it not going south all over again. It just seems to be in his nature.

I admit I still have moments of schadenfreude, but I am feeling more and more sorry for Haas these days. I expect Haas has gone through all five levels of grief at this point.

There is also this new story...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...ision/4523281/

I don't know if that meeting Wednesday between Haas and Rich Energy was before or after Storey regained control.

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3924835)   #182
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope it gets sorted out for the sake of Haas. They do not deserve this
Old 30 Aug 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3924842)   #183
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He's back!!!

Storey back in control.

Richard
Reading that article, it sounds like he was never planning on going away. "Rich Energy were renamed Lightning Volt with ownership relinquished by Storey to the BDG Group in London, namely to director Matthew Bruce Kell."

These 6400 shares were transferred to him by Matthew Bruce Kell, of the BDG Group, making Storey the majority shareholder and so he takes back control.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3924847)   #184
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Reading that article, it sounds like he was never planning on going away. "Rich Energy were renamed Lightning Volt with ownership relinquished by Storey to the BDG Group in London, namely to director Matthew Bruce Kell."

These 6400 shares were transferred to him by Matthew Bruce Kell, of the BDG Group, making Storey the majority shareholder and so he takes back control.
So after posting earlier this morning. I wondered if there might have been some type of long game being played. The only thing I can think might have been the point was to somehow evade some type of prior financial liability (such as related to Whyte Bike)?

Thoughts?

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3924882)   #185
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Guess who's back, back again. Storey's back, tell a friend.

I actually get excited when there's new posts in this thread. Rich Energy is so mental it's fun.
I was pleased to see it back too.

Bring on the madness.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3925343)   #186
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So after posting earlier this morning. I wondered if there might have been some type of long game being played. The only thing I can think might have been the point was to somehow evade some type of prior financial liability (such as related to Whyte Bike)?

Thoughts?

Richard
That's a very good thought Richard. Something has gone on for the shares to be transferred back with such unseemly haste. Clearly Storey has some ÂŁÂŁÂŁ from somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3925536)   #187
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope it gets sorted out for the sake of Haas. They do not deserve this
Well, HAAS F1 Team knew Rich Energy was a dodgy business with no income, no product and no capital and signed them as a sponsor anyway after supposed "due diligence". The same diligence that saw Williams reject Rich Energy in favour of the somewhat more credible Rokit telecommunications.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3925559)   #188
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Well, HAAS F1 Team knew Rich Energy was a dodgy business with no income, no product and no capital and signed them as a sponsor anyway after supposed "due diligence". The same diligence that saw Williams reject Rich Energy in favour of the somewhat more credible Rokit telecommunications.
Except Williams didn’t reject them. They wanted to sign but Rich dropped them for Haas.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3925597)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

Williams needed sponsorship. To not get Rich Energy just added to their woes, so they are now hanging on to what they have got
Old 3 Sep 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3925675)   #190
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Except Williams didn’t reject them. They wanted to sign but Rich dropped them for Haas.
And you know this how?
Old 4 Sep 2019, 00:24 (Ref:3925678)   #191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It was suggested in a few articles:
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...saga-explained
Old 4 Sep 2019, 04:00 (Ref:3925695)   #192
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And you know this how?
It’s common knowledge in the paddock. Claire went to a meeting with the contract. Classless Storey didn’t show.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3926904)   #193
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

https://www.haasf1team.com/news/haas...nt-rich-energy
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3926915)   #194
Richard C
Veteran

I wonder if part of the divorce is an agreement to not talk about each other as well as release details of the separation. I wonder how much Haas ultimately got (cash wise) out of Rich Energy and if they got anything like a full or final payment or if Haas was just glad to get out of the deal even if they (legally) may have left money on the table?

In the end, a divorce is not unexpected. Maybe the unexpected part is it might go out with a final whimper vs. a bang? Not that there wasn't plenty of "bang" all along the path to this point.

Lets see how both sides act in the near future. I expect Haas to be professional. I can't predict what Rich Energy is going to do. It seems interesting to me that Rich Energy has been very quiet on the social media front even when Storey supposedly back in control.

As to timing. I find it interesting that roughly an hour ago, Rich Energy twitter was still talking about F1, and just slightly less than an hour ago we see the statement from Haas (nothing yet from Rich Energy). Haas is quickly updating their social media content. Rich Energy still has F1/Haas info.

Its probably just that Haas is moving faster than Rich Energy on this. I guess check back later today or later this week to see what changes.

Richard
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3926918)   #195
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awwww. I was enjoying this!

Note that Rick Parffit Jr, the British GT driver was sponsored by Rich Energy. He's replaced that sponsorship with....Whytes Bikes.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3926947)   #196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Awwww. I was enjoying this!

Note that Rick Parffit Jr, the British GT driver was sponsored by Rich Energy. He's replaced that sponsorship with....Whytes Bikes.
Perhaps they could sponsor Hass as well.
Old 13 Sep 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3927742)   #197
Richard C
Veteran

I was curious, so I looked to see if Rich Energy has unwound their links to Haas. Their main website still has F1/Haas content up. They did have a well done tweet that mentions the divorce...

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...32335716261891

Quote:
CEO William Storey "I would like to thank @HaasF1Team for great efforts in our partnership. It is regrettable they got caught in crossfire of a shareholder dispute which led to this wholly avoidable fiasco. I wish the team the very best & our passion for motorsport unabated" #F1
Richard
Old 13 Sep 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3927812)   #198
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don’t think that tweet is genuine. It is borderline professional.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3928958)   #199
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t think that tweet is genuine. It is borderline professional.
Too professional to stick. Rich Energy is back at it in what looks like to me to be some type of passive aggressive mention...

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...28707535249408

If you don't care to look at the tweet, here is the text...

Quote:
We wish @HaasF1Team the best of luck in negotiations selling the team to Saudi investors. An excellent team and great investment #haasf1 #sale #business #F1 #Singaporegp
#richenergy #betterthanredbull #Saudi #MiddleEast #Motorsport
Its sort of like walking up to a crowd at work and saying... "So Jim, how is your job hunt going?" Everyone (including Jim's boss) looks at Jim... who may or may not be actually looking to quit his job.

Sort of a "when did you quit beating your wife" moment.

(Edit: Another bizarre tweet earlier doing a backhand to F1 https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...40708858920961 Throwing shade as the new kids say!)

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 19 Sep 2019 at 20:27.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3929053)   #200
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That clip of how good TT riders are is filled with Monster cans. Which is amusing.