Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4171323)   #1051
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't think there's any hint it's gonna happen, Haas are happy as they are. Steiner will be looking for experienced hands, but without a top top driver, the car won't do much
https://racingnews365.com/alfa-romeo-to-switch-f1-teams-in-2024
Old 4 Aug 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4171333)   #1052
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem would like to see works teams from China and the USA in F1.

I know Andretti Autosport are knocking on the door but do China have anything resembling a works team?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...n-f1/10504087/
Another article on Motorsports listed these potential new teams. None seem to be Chinese.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...isms/10503899/

Those teams are...
* Andretti-Cadillac (US)
* Hitech (UK)
* Formula Equal (Middle East?)
* LKY SUNZ (?)

Lky Sunz is supposed to be "Southeast Asia". I can find nearly zero information on them. Someone who was part of the prior Panther effort is involved. They have a bizarre video on their minimal website. I can't tell if they are an F1 team, a clothing brand, a hip-hop recording label or all of those at the same time!!

https://www.lkysunz.com/

Richard
Old 4 Aug 2023, 18:15 (Ref:4171371)   #1053
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem would like to see works teams from China and the USA in F1.

I know Andretti Autosport are knocking on the door but do China have anything resembling a works team?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...n-f1/10504087/
Well they’ve got AMG Mercedes…
Old 4 Aug 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4171375)   #1054
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Well they’ve got AMG Mercedes…

I think Mohammed Ben Sulayem means a homegrown Chinese team.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 18:55 (Ref:4171379)   #1055
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think Mohammed Ben Sulayem means a homegrown Chinese team.
So a Chinese MB without any respect for IP?? Or that only for street cars
Old 4 Aug 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4171388)   #1056
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So a Chinese MB without any respect for IP?? Or that only for street cars

If you read the article, Mohammed Ben Sulayem says: “My dream is a full United States of America team from an OEM and I would like to also see an OEM from China.”
Old 5 Aug 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4171445)   #1057
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a good article and Ben Sulayem makes a lot of sense. But it may be a pipedream to see a fully American team or a fully Chinese team, but you never know. We do definitely need a few more teams though, too many have gone and we need more than 20 on the grid
Old 7 Aug 2023, 19:16 (Ref:4171811)   #1058
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If you read the article, Mohammed Ben Sulayem says: “My dream is a full United States of America team from an OEM and I would like to also see an OEM from China.”
And see many of the OEM making near exact copies of other cars, or buying the older car IP, molds, stamps, etc.
Old 7 Aug 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4171812)   #1059
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And see many of the OEM making near exact copies of other cars, or buying the older car IP, molds, stamps, etc.

He said it was a dream.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4171876)   #1060
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He said it was a dream.

Yes, I think it’s unlikely to happen and he probably realises it