Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3932781)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post

Now, if I could afford a 924 Carrera GT...........
Just found this

https://www.racecarsdirect.com/Adver...sche-924-turbo

Still can’t afford but looks a very good price, even for a “recreation”, especially if it is to fia spec as the advert states.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3932836)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Very nice!

When I first read about a new council house development in Norwich, it sounded very forward thinking. It's just won the 2019 Stirling Prize for architecture.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/home...cid=spartandhp
Old 9 Oct 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3932874)   #53
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Andy. I seem to remember the 924 to be very light, was'nt gearbox casing in magnesium?

MG David, did you post Dijon videos somewhere, please?
Old 9 Oct 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3932883)   #54
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks Andy. I seem to remember the 924 to be very light, was'nt gearbox casing in magnesium?
Not sure about the gearbox casing, Gerard, but the ultimate version, the GTP was raced at Le Mans at 930kg. The more normal GT version was about 1180kg, from a google, in road trim and the GTS Clubsport about 1060kg (about the same as my old race 944T)
The GT had 210bhp.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3932891)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The original 924 box (transaxle) was straight out of a front wheel drive Audi 100, and not magnesium.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3932943)   #56
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OK, thank you for this Andy and Mike By the way, Andy, 1060 for a '44 T is a good P/W figure. The rear "window" only weights a boat anchor! If everything goes right I should be able to drive "mine" during next 2 Tours d'Horloge. Its funny because the new owner still refers to her as being my car. She's a good girl.