Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Sep 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3930227)   #401
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Warwick had a troubled first season in the BTCC, then he eventually won a race. Granted his results were better in his first season than Blundell’s has been, but then times have changed in which it is now harder to break into the points
It was arguably was easier to setup and get your head around a super touring car compared to the current generation, if you listen to people who know.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3930239)   #402
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Warwick had a troubled first season in the BTCC, then he eventually won a race.
Also his team mate was getting similar results (from memory) in his first season, that Alfa was generally regarded as a bit of a pup. His results improved when he moved to Vauxhall.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3930258)   #403
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My memory tells me the rules were tweaked after Tarquini wiped the floor with everyone (94?) and that the following season the Alfa was massively off the pace. I seem to recollect Frank Biela in an Audi similarly wiped the floor with everyone that year and that the following season the Audi was massively off the pace.

Whereas nowadays the tweaking is done in season, so despite some of us grumbling means we didn't have the championship decided half way into the season. Which is a good thing in my books.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3930259)   #404
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tarquini dominated because of the aero package on the Alfa, the following year everyone had aero and the Alfas were prepared by Prodrive instead of Alfa Corse. Biela dominated in the Audi Quattro, I think the following year they got a weight penalty and 4WD was outlawed the year after. People whinge now but the rules have always changed to stop one car running away with it.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3930262)   #405
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
With both the Alfa in 1995 and Audi in 1997, they had virtually the same "problem". Lack of development compared to their championship winning year. Prodrive didnt do a great deal to the Alfa 155 and its now "full" aero package was poor. I believe they got a revised car at Oulton Park in 1995 which was slightly better but was still far off the leading pace. Audi was the same. 1997 they started the season with practically the same car, with a newer engine. However the rest of the pack had moved on so much that the Audi was no longer the class of the field. Audi's development was all going into the FWD car (which lasted all but 1-2 years), so they had virtually no development of the Quattro.

Last edited by Sodemo; 26 Sep 2019 at 19:29.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3930266)   #406
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi won every touring car championship they entered in 1996...

- BTCC
- german STW ,Emanulle Pirro was more dominant in it than Hamilton in F1
- italian CVT
- australian series
- spanish series
- south african series
- belgian PROCAR

very sure if they entered swedish STCC, North american NATCC , and the french series they would have won those too hands down !!!!! but this series were 2nd or even 3rd rate

so no surprise FIA slapped them with huge penalties and they were uncompetitive in 97 , the FWD Audi was a total failure cos the the engine mounting didn't suit FWD at all and it suffered from understeer as result
Old 27 Sep 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3930405)   #407
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alfa stole a march in 94 with their aero package and as a result, Tarquini never finished out of the top 4 in every race he finished. Simoni was quick from the beginning, just had a few incidents early on. For 95 the change with aero rules meant they were overtaken by everyone, which meant results were hard to come by

Audi had it’s advantage with 4wd, however once the weight penalty came in, their advantage was eroded slightly, so they only had an advantage on tracks that suited the car. They struggled in the early part of 97 due to concentrating on the development of the 2wd car for 98. However they regained their competitiveness when they were allowed to lose 30kg off their weight penalty
Old 2 Oct 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3931500)   #408
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First driver confirmed!

Cammish signs 2 year deal with Dynamics

https://teamdynamicsracing.co.uk/new...s-yuasa-racing
Old 2 Oct 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3931505)   #409
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't have a confirmed entry without a table update:

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release

Likely Entries   
HMS RacingAlfa GiuliettaAustinHold TBL - have been testing
WSRBMW 330i??????
WSRBMW 330i??????
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
Team DynamicsHonda Civic??????
SpeedworksToyota Corolla??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50Moffatselling Merc+TBL
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50SuttonSutton tested car (BMR leaving?)

Possible Entries   
BMRSubaru Levorg??????
BMRSubaru Levorg??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-ClassMorgan???
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class??????
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpson???
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview

Entries with doubt   
??????JordanLost Pirtek sponsorship
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
Old 2 Oct 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3931506)   #410
porsche962fan
Veteran

Cammish extending means the door for Shedden is pretty much closed
Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3931507)   #411
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
First driver confirmed!

Cammish signs 2 year deal with Dynamics

https://teamdynamicsracing.co.uk/new...s-yuasa-racing
Great news, he was obviously the right choice from day one.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3931510)   #412
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Unless Matt Neal is finally going to hang up his helmet
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3931522)   #413
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great Cammish is staying, he’s really proved himself to be a top driver this season
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3931531)   #414
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i want to see a full grid of competitive cars and drivers so a bit early to start worrying about the grid yet
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3931546)   #415
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Unless Matt Neal is finally going to hang up his helmet
until Plato doesn't hang his neither Neal will
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3931569)   #416
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Unless:
Neal retires.
Dynamics get a 3rd TBL.
Shedden joins another team.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3931572)   #417
porsche962fan
Veteran

1) unless Plato retires too , Neal won't retire it's like they somehow interlinked
2) don't think Dynamics are in the mood for a 3rd car, remember the now black listed Andy Neate?
3) I doubt he will come to another team unless he is paid
Old 2 Oct 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3931579)   #418
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article can also be read to confirm Honda's support for the same duration.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3931582)   #419
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
yes i noticed that too.
good news all round.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3931587)   #420
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Yes - plus Halfords&Yuasa.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 01:27 (Ref:3931609)   #421
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
until Plato doesn't hang his neither Neal will

Matt neal has a nice day job for income, don’t think the same can be said for JP, other than 5th gear...
Old 3 Oct 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3931625)   #422
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine that as soon as Henry (Neal) is up to speed in NGTC machinery then he might take over from Matt.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 05:54 (Ref:3931626)   #423
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
Matt neal has a nice day job for income, don’t think the same can be said for JP, other than 5th gear...
JP's income streams stretch far beyond 5th gear.....
Old 3 Oct 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3931629)   #424
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JP is no longer a Director of Brand Pilot but I expect he has some nice investments and the TV work pays far more than I thought going by what he says in his book. I wouldn't think he would need to worry about working again if he stopped everything tomorrow. Not the sort of person who could lounge around by the pool though. He'll be doing something to the day they put him in a box I expect.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 07:45 (Ref:3931633)   #425
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
1) unless Plato retires too , Neal won't retire it's like they somehow interlinked
2) don't think Dynamics are in the mood for a 3rd car, remember the now black listed Andy Neate?
3) I doubt he will come to another team unless he is paid
Look lads, it's obvious 'init:

Jason and Matt have formed JM (MJ?) Racing and have acquired the BMR TBLs and will be shortening a pair of Porsche Cayennes to fit within NGTC rules.