Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1408898)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Is Petit Le Mans not going to be on MotorsTV???????
I'm sure it will be. My comment merely referred to the fact that MotorsTV was supposed to be available on NTL from the 8th September but due to 'technical difficulties' it has yet to materialise. There is a dedicated thread on this subject.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1408950)   #52
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a little disappointed with the quality of the PLM entry list. There are only 5 P1 cars, and they are the same as every other race...Audi vs Dyson vs Autocon. We need some new P1s to keep some interest in P1. P2 is a little better due to more teams, though P2 is only made up of Lola B05/40s, B2K/40s, and the Courage C-65s. GT1 does not have a high turnout either, but on the other hand could host a great battle between Corvette, Aston Martin, Maserati, and Saleen. The poor old Viper just doesn't have a chance due to being ancient, but Carsport might turn out with a different car?? GT2 is unchanged, but it could be Panoz up against all the Porsches!? Hopefully there will be more teams added to the list, mainly in P1 to mix up the battle. To be on the bright side of things, the list could be worse, so it is ok if it stays like it is and does not loose any teams. Does anyone have more guesses to who could join the list?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 01:14 (Ref:1408972)   #53
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updates to the PLM entry list:

Dyson has moved Andy to the 16, Guy smith in the 20

EFR now listed in the BK Mazda

Enge in the 58 Aston

Kellners now listed for the 63 Saleen

Gunnar Jeannette in the 51 Panoz

GREAT to see Gunnar back in a Panoz, especially now that the 51 has started to show some speed.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1409381)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now confirmed on DSC, Zytek/Shimoda/Chilton will definitely be at both PLM and Laguna Seca. Great news!!!
Old 16 Sep 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1409391)   #55
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three minutes from posting on dsc to posting here. A new record? That entry has certainly got some support from the fans behind it. Quite rightly too.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1409401)   #56
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely good news.....

Shimoda was unbelievably quick at Mid-Ohio....

I look forward to watching great action in these final two races of the season...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Sep 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1409404)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Excellant news !
Old 16 Sep 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1409408)   #58
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just curious, but does anyone know why Dyson always puts Andy Wallace with Butch and James in the 16 car for Petit? They could easily manage with their regular driver pairing. That means the 16 car will have to do an extra driver change in comparison to the Zytek and the two Audis.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1409428)   #59
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc
Three minutes from posting on dsc to posting here. A new record? That entry has certainly got some support from the fans behind it. Quite rightly too.
I'm on the ball today Malcolm!!
Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1409467)   #60
MaxGT40
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY U.S.A.
MaxGT40 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

The perfect ingredients for a classic. Common rules baby...common rules.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1409472)   #61
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Zytek
Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1409478)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This really makes the P1 battle interesting. The Zytek is quick no doubts and a shoe in for pole, after a nice tussle between Shimoda and Weaver in qualifying. The pace early should be fast and furious. Recall the early hours last year with Creation, Audi, Dyson and Intersport? After the pace settles down it will be fun to watch the rest unfold.

Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1409484)   #63
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shimodaaaaa . yes
the Zytek should be the car to beat .

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1409485)   #64
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im going for a Shimoda pole by over 5 tenths, afterall Petit Le Mans is a similar circuit to Mid Ohio - not quite as twisty, anyone remember what happened there?????
Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1409501)   #65
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well gee, you always show such high regard for Shimoda's competition.

But, I agree, a Shimoda pole is most probable.

Track record is held by Alan McNish at 1:10.379 in a 2000 spec Audi R8.

Last year's pole was 1:12.136 by James Weaver in the Dyson Lola.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1409787)   #66
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , Im going with Shimoda for pole too . And im hopeing that Aston Martin will boot Corvette's ass , they need a good kicking !!!
Old 17 Sep 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1409813)   #67
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon the 'Vettes will triumph once more... but I have a strange soft spot for the ACEMCO Saleen coming on...? maybe because it wud be unlikely!? Or is my new found "age" kicking the senility in...?
Old 17 Sep 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1409856)   #68
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can really see Shimoda blitzing all comers in qualifying, there is no doubt that Zytek have developed the 3.4l V8 to no end; at Nurburgring it was faster through the speed gun then the 5.0l Judd V10 - pretty impressive!!!!!!

A lap record is still looking like to higher mountain to climb, but nothing is certain - he is going to get close i think!
Old 17 Sep 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1409881)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

Any truth in the rumour that Carsport are looking at getting their mits on the ex-pcr C5R ?
Old 20 Sep 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1412456)   #70
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Jonny Kane will drive for Aston Martin.

#57 Darren Turner, David Brabham & Jonny Kane
#58 Peter Kox, Tomas Enge & Pedro Lamy
Source: www.pitstop.tv
Old 20 Sep 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1412654)   #71
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to know where did Shimoda come from?
Cause I want to find another for my race team .....if I had one.
This guy can race, and in this format, he should be like a blitz on the track. This is really going to make for a great race, I hope.

That line up that Aston has is a pretty impressive one. Don't know which one I like more. If it wasn't for the fact that Fellows (a fellow True Norther) drives a vette it would be hard for me not to cheer for the Aston.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1413095)   #72
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Im going for a Shimoda pole by over 5 tenths, afterall Petit Le Mans is a similar circuit to Mid Ohio - not quite as twisty, anyone remember what happened there?????
04s, you don't seem to know your NA circuits very well.

Road Atlanta is nowhere near as technical as MO. Plus the elevation changes are much more dramatic.

The Lola is in its element in high speed sections you find at Road Atlanta. It's not a sure thing that the Zytek will be faster. Certainly not to the extent that it dominated qualifying at MO.

It's going to be high entertainment, though. Shimoda vs Weaver is well worth the wait...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1413155)   #73
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I will go with Weaver. The DBA came close last year, but we will see what another year's refinement on the Lola plus the Michelens will offer up.

Going to be interesting as heck!

robert
Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1413159)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

I reckon the only thing that Dyson has over the Zytek , he has probably the best driver line up who are very experianced at working together . I think Chilton is not up to speed as much as Weaver-Leitzinger-Wallace . But im still hopeing for a Zytek win , cuz if Dyson does win , he still wont come and do Le Mans next year .
Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1413166)   #75
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I dont think Dyson will last the distance problem free so for me it will be Zytek or Audi - probably Audi