Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3315475)   #301
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Maverick team entered for the next event? They were testing a while back with Rollinson and Skeets having drives?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3315489)   #302
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Yes this is great for ST. Another well known Aussie driver to join the series.

So that's two HRT drivers now (Murph, Percat) and two FPR drivers (Alex Davo and Chaz (although I know he of course races for DJR but has strong links to FPR) and two erebus drivers, Slade and Holdsworth. All we need now is for some of the Nissan guys to head over and we'd have the whole lot.......but in way we already do in the form of Dan Gaunt who is racing a Nissan in Aus for their enduros.

All positive stuff, and I hope the re-fuelling adds some real spice to proceedings
Hi NZST, the word today is that will no pit lane refueling at Hampton Downs, due to late arrival of all the bits and pieces, however the good news is that the systems will be all go at the Grand Final at Pukekohe.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3315550)   #303
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the words of Grant Dalton......buggar.

I was looking forward to that. Oh well will just have to wait for puke.

So will the format be the same as last time at HD?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3315554)   #304
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi NZST, the word today is that will no pit lane refueling at Hampton Downs, due to late arrival of all the bits and pieces, however the good news is that the systems will be all go at the Grand Final at Pukekohe.
So are the teams happy about forking out all that money for 1 race this year and not use again for another 10 months.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 05:01 (Ref:3315560)   #305
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Just had a thought....will there be any tension on or off the track with Percat and Morris? I seem to remember some 'issues' between the two in what was the Fujitsu dvs a few years back.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 05:25 (Ref:3315568)   #306
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Heycoop Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Just had a thought....will there be any tension on or off the track with Percat and Morris? I seem to remember some 'issues' between the two in what was the Fujitsu dvs a few years back.
You would hope they could move on after a few years... could be interesting though!
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3315613)   #307
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Mark, with the lead time, and the dates already calendared................ Why are the parts not available for the teams to fit for the enduros ??
Old 10 Oct 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3315617)   #308
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
Hi Mark, with the lead time, and the dates already calendared................ Why are the parts not available for the teams to fit for the enduros ??
Joe, I have no role whatsoever in the management of V8Supertourers, however, as most people know I remain a passionate supporter of the category.

In my view, the difficulty was in the time it took to get everything together, because in quantity nothing was on the shelf, and the inevitable delays, just caught everybody short. Now that everything is in New Zealand, it's only the car conversion kit's that have to be finished for both cars. There is also the issue that not enough thought went into how to store the fuel churn in a safe and convenient manner, so that still remains an issue without an answer at the present time, but can be easily solved within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

I believe that everything will be ready and the teams well practiced by the Grand Finale at Pukekohe, and will help create a real endurance race as a direct result of the work going on right now.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3315636)   #309
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Joe, I have no role whatsoever in the management of V8Supertourers, however, as most people know I remain a passionate supporter of the category.

In my view, the difficulty was in the time it took to get everything together, because in quantity nothing was on the shelf, and the inevitable delays, just caught everybody short. Now that everything is in New Zealand, it's only the car conversion kit's that have to be finished for both cars. There is also the issue that not enough thought went into how to store the fuel churn in a safe and convenient manner, so that still remains an issue without an answer at the present time, but can be easily solved within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

I believe that everything will be ready and the teams well practiced by the Grand Finale at Pukekohe, and will help create a real endurance race as a direct result of the work going on right now.
Hi I call bull**** on churns and much more.

Last edited by Woolley; 11 Oct 2013 at 22:04. Reason: You seem to be having trouble with the autocensor.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3315913)   #310
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Hi I call bullshit on churns and much more.
http://www.motorsport.org.nz/sites/d...y-28-03-10.pdf

This is only a summary, should you read the full document you can see where some of the fish hooks come from. eg. do all the fuel churns have the correct approval etc.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3316203)   #311
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Hi I call bullshit on churns and much more.
curious, myself. do the current 'clubmans' endurance series have the same issues ??

CDM, your input please. is it a national problem or an 'elite' @$%* up driven by mark up and profiteering ?
Old 12 Oct 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3316830)   #312
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely struggling to take ST seriously as a series any more. How hard can it be. Its taken them longer to find fuel bits and pieces than it took to build the cars (maybe a little exaggeration but I am sure you get the point)

Like the 2 above me, I'm calling bullshit too.

More 2 driver sprint races, at exactly the same circuit as the last ones. I think ill be staying home to mow the lawns. Just as exciting and includes refuelling
Old 13 Oct 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3316911)   #313
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three perfect examples of what's wrong with NZ MOTOR SPORT
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3316997)   #314
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Three perfect examples of what's wrong with NZ MOTOR SPORT

what are the 3 examples ????
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3317468)   #315
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I see D'Alberto is back in.....

http://www.v8st.co.nz/news/news-4/68...w-zealand.html
Old 14 Oct 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3317493)   #316
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a question for Mark. What's happening with the Hyundai? Any chance of seeing some pics?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3317501)   #317
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
This is a question for Mark. What's happening with the Hyundai? Any chance of seeing some pics?
Yeah i'd like to see some too

Adbutler, I know there is a mock up drawing of the i45 on the ST facebook page under photos. I think it is done by HProject....looks the goods too.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3317504)   #318
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
curious, myself. do the current 'clubmans' endurance series have the same issues ??

CDM, your input please. is it a national problem or an 'elite' @$%* up driven by mark up and profiteering ?
If you are referring to the ASKO SI Endurance Series then its a MSNZ Sanctioned Series & with 7 drivers in yesterdays Bathurst main race either competed or competing in the ASKO Series in 2013 its now significantly better than a "Clubmans" Series it once was. We are at Levels this weekend if you want to come & see what this series has grown into...

I don't know the answer to your question as I don't know (or really care) what the V8ST guys will be using. The SIES rules are approved & sanctioned by MSNZ and available on their website for all to see. They have a range of refuelling options available to competitors so that they can encourage those with both big and small budgets into the Series...

Last edited by CDM; 14 Oct 2013 at 01:09. Reason: spelling
Old 14 Oct 2013, 04:20 (Ref:3317531)   #319
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Hi Ad, unless a buyer comes out of the woodwork its highly unlikely my V8ST spec Hyundai I45 will run this year. The car is still incomplete, so no pictures, but would only take a couple of weeks at the most to complete, however, I see no reason to spend any more money on it at the present time as I also own the V8ST Prototype car which will run in GT1 at the Thunder in The Park meeting.

Mark.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3317546)   #320
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
More news....I hear Daniel Jilesen may be piloting the BOC car this weekend. With who, I don't know.

Also, the weather looks to be ok at this point (rain wise that is). However the models are predicting a fairly stiff SWer which could bring the temps down. However, as I have said many times before, these models often change right up to the day. Will keep ya'll posted (if interested) with my weather predictions as the week pans out.

And Mark, I hope the prototype goes well at TITP.....are you going to dust off your gloves etc and be the driver??? if not, you can always pm me.....
Old 14 Oct 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3317559)   #321
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Hi Ad, unless a buyer comes out of the woodwork its highly unlikely my V8ST spec Hyundai I45 will run this year. The car is still incomplete, so no pictures, but would only take a couple of weeks at the most to complete, however, I see no reason to spend any more money on it at the present time as I also own the V8ST Prototype car which will run in GT1 at the Thunder in The Park meeting.

Mark.
Maybe you should dust off that old car you have parked at the back of your workshop and post a new lap record on the new Pukekohe. Better charge up the battery, chuck some new gas in it and see if the old thing still runs.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3317569)   #322
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe you should dust off that old car you have parked at the back of your workshop and post a new lap record on the new Pukekohe. Better charge up the battery, chuck some new gas in it and see if the old thing still runs.
Why? Everyone knows that it would destroy whatever the record is. I'm more keen to see how fast the Prototype can really go. =D
Old 14 Oct 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3317574)   #323
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkofoed View Post
Why? Everyone knows that it would destroy whatever the record is. I'm more keen to see how fast the Prototype can really go. =D
If you have seen it run or even heard it run you would know why. Destory the record is the point Jack. We have a fair idea how fast the prototype is don't we? or have we had some mods? You driving it Jack?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3317582)   #324
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a question . . . .

I have just applied and down loaded the LJ Hooker FREE FAMILY PASS from the V8ST website and it looks like poos!

I don't think there is any chance of a scanner being able to read it!

Has anyone else downloaded the free ticket and found the same issue?
Were they scanning the tickets for the first enduro?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3317605)   #325
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We have a fair idea how fast the prototype is don't we? or have we had some mods? You driving it Jack?
Phew I don't know. Do we? =P & Haha I wish, might have to sell a few more race kits before Mark lets me sit in it let alone turn a lap.