Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Apr 2003, 20:57 (Ref:570512)   #1
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anglesey to double in length

the most far flung circvuit in the UK is to be extended to a 2 mile lap, this would effectivley double its lap distance, the plans are said to be set for the paddock side of the track - anyone got any diagrams of whats planned? and when its gonna happen?
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:08 (Ref:570579)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. I always enjoyed Anglesey. A short, slow circuit, but because of it's length easy to learn and you always got loads of laps. First circuit I really got the rhythm of.

But a bit of extra length wouldn't hurt

How are they going to extend it. the lay of the land isn't conducive to that. Maybe down at the hairpin and out toward the, er, main road nearby????????

Last time I was there was summer last year and they appeared to be improving the spectator areas at the hairpin.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 08:07 (Ref:570841)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: Anglesey to double in length

Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
the most far flung circvuit in the UK is to be extended to a 2 mile lap, this would effectivley double its lap distance, the plans are said to be set for the paddock side of the track - anyone got any diagrams of whats planned? and when its gonna happen?
Oi, what's all this 'most far flung'? Two hours from Manchester ain't exactly Siberia!

I haven't seen the proposed layout, but as I understand it, the new circuit will go left before School, loop around & then come back up to Abbots, where it will go up & round back to somewhere near Radar, where it will go more or less straight down to the exisiting startline. Of course, I may have got it totally wrong!

It will be a pity to lose the hairpin - one of my favourite corners of any ciruit.

An aspect of this which gives many of us Anglesey regulars cause for concern is that most clubs are struggling to get enough marshals for the existing circuit; it's not unreasonable to assume that doubling the length of the circuit will increase marshalling requirements by at least 50%......
Old 16 Apr 2003, 11:17 (Ref:570981)   #4
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Anglesey to double in length

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
Oi, what's all this 'most far flung'? Two hours from Manchester ain't exactly Siberia!
I live there - it is!!

It could do with a bit of sprucing up - a spot of shelter for the foolhardy souls who turn up to see the races in all weathers wouldn't go amiss, really.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:08 (Ref:573896)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
does anybody have a clue what the plans are
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:15 (Ref:573906)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"The plans" are those things that look like drawings and show what the shape of the track will be if they go ahead and make the changes.

Does that help?
Old 19 Apr 2003, 14:06 (Ref:574067)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
... thanks pete...
Old 19 Apr 2003, 15:22 (Ref:574121)   #8
Chartman
Rookie

England
Hope Valley, England.
Chartman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey is definately my favourite circuit - possibly because I had my best result there but also because it's setting is out of this world. I agree with Dave Brand as well - I live in Sheffield and Angleseys a lot closer than Brands, Snetterton, Castle Combe etc etc. I'd love to see the circuit developed but hope it doesn't come at the cost of its down to earth atmosphere.