Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Jul 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1362219)   #1
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pembrey Result

Just had a telephone call from a very wet Pembrey, only have the Superfinal result:

1. Pat Doran
2. Lawrence Gibson
3. Dave Bellerby
4. Jamie Lea
5. Julian Godfrey
6. Kevin Proctor
7. Dermot Carneigie
8. Michael Boak
Old 24 Jul 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1362263)   #2
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside Down Bug
Just had a telephone call from a very wet Pembrey, only have the Superfinal result:

1. Pat Doran
2. Lawrence Gibson
3. Dave Bellerby
4. Jamie Lea
5. Julian Godfrey
6. Kevin Proctor
7. Dermot Carneigie
8. Michael Boak
Is this a wind-up??!!

RoyG
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1362331)   #3
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Roy, no wind up, but obviously lots of stories to tell. Also seems to show what an equaliser rain can be.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1362628)   #4
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think anyone would have predicted that superfinal.

That must have been some rain.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1362642)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was a 100000/1 prediction........

Julian Beating Dermot........ now that takes the biscuit

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1362691)   #6
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driving was fun to say the least. On top of that had car probs a lot of the day so never really set a time that wasn't ****.

Was great fun driving over the loose and not knowing where the front wheels are pointing all the time...mannaged to spin twice!!

1st heat was soaking, then in the 2nd it was starting to dry out, but then another dwnpour and grip was lost again for the 3rd and the finals.

In the superfinal Dermots wiper wasn't working, so had a totally mucky screen. He drove amazingly, had to chuck it in sideways into every corner so he could look out of the side window to see where he was going!! Pat drove well, and Lawence did brilliantly to keep it on the island. He was flat out sideways all day with no grip at all.

The awning was almost floating at one point! I blame Dave Bains, i've never raced in the rain my arse!! ;-)
Old 25 Jul 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1362947)   #7
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Anybody know why was Green not in superfinal when he won Stock hatch final?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1362982)   #8
lancaster
Rookie

England
Worcestershire
lancaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the car or driver could not make it to the holding area in time. They definitely called for the top 16 qualifers from which to pick the superfinal grid.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1362983)   #9
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rod should have been in the superfinal as he was 8th fastest, but his car had to be bump started and that is not allowed. As all cars in the superfinal have to go under their own steam, with no help.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1363150)   #10
richorton
Racer

richorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

wow what a wet days racing.Heat 1 saw me and steve heppy on the back row and little brother in the metro on the middle row.lights went out and steve grabbed the lead ,i slotted into third and si was in forth .little brother thought he could rough me up a bit and tried to pass me on the out side on the second section on the loose but i
was nt havin any of it and played at his game and he lost ( when are you going to learn si ,dont mess with me cause you ll come off worse )
heat 2 saw a dry track and got a good start and held the lead till the end ,set second fasted time in clubman stockhatch have to say i was pushed hard by rob graves and had a moment or two while comming off the loose on the second section .
heat three was wet again got a bad start and swapped a little paint work with tina sorry tina
After all three heats i only managed a B final and i was well pi** with my self .
anyway i got a front row in the B final and got a good start off the line and peddled the puggy home first

A final saw me on the back row and little brother just in front ,steve heppy was on front row,engines were reving and the lights went out ,lots off wheel spin and we were off ,green got away into first and duke grabbed second while steve slotted into third and i grabbed forth while rob graves got fifth and si was six.well the battle started rob graves tried to pass me on the loose but spun out on the the first lap.steve heppy passed me down the long pit straight and into third but ran wide into the hair pin at the end and i slotted back into third ,little brother made a brave move and passed me up the inside and onto the first section of the gravel ,this didnt go down to well and i got red mist and passed si again steve heppy then passed si and gave me a hard run to the end .green won and duke was second followed by me in third ,steve came home in forth and si was fifth. oh well i better go do some work now as i need 2 new wings a bonnet and a bumper as we got a little pannel damage nothing changes with me
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1363157)   #11
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Cracking days racing despite the weather.

I have 2 highlights from the day.

First in heat 3 where i set the fastest stockhatch time in the BTRDA and was quicker than lawrance gibson! This has got to go down in history as the only event when a metro gti is faster than a 6r4!

The second highlight was the final where me, ric and steve heppy had an almighty tustle for 3rd position. This must have been quite a race for the spectators to watch as i lost count of how many times we traded places.

It now time to give the metro a full service as the last 2 events have been very rough for the little rover and it now needs a new clutch, sump, sumpguard, ball joints, tyres, wing and a drivers door.
I think heppy wanted to join me in the drivers seat in the final..
http://hortonracing.co.uk/hralbums/a...0019.sized.jpg

The supercars looked a handful all day and mike howling must be still dizzy after the amount of spins he had yesterday.

si
Old 25 Jul 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1363181)   #12
Caramba
Rookie

Wales
Swansea
Caramba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver in the metro

As a very damp marshall on the last corner yesterday thanks for the entertainment mate, a bit more time on the black bits & less time on the grass would have been a bit quicker though.

The transition from the loose surface to the tarmac just before the last corner seemed to cause you a few problems - Despite the weather I enjoyed it though. Never realised a Metro could go that fast !
Old 26 Jul 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1363518)   #13
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Seems as though you all enjoyed it regardless of the weather conditions. Have to say I had never thought about the bias in reporting until the recent thread about Motorsport News. The Brda website report as usual put Pats car up as the picture and headline when I would have thought that the Unusual and more intresting story of the day would have been that two stock hatches made it to the Superfinal.

I Know supercar drivers pump vast amounts of money into the sport but just once in a while it would be nice for others in the event to grab the headlines. Especially with drives as good Jamie and Julian had.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1363551)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
Seems as though you all enjoyed it regardless of the weather conditions. Have to say I had never thought about the bias in reporting until the recent thread about Motorsport News. The Brda website report as usual put Pats car up as the picture and headline when I would have thought that the Unusual and more intresting story of the day would have been that two stock hatches made it to the Superfinal.

I Know supercar drivers pump vast amounts of money into the sport but just once in a while it would be nice for others in the event to grab the headlines. Especially with drives as good Jamie and Julian had.
I was extreamly disapointed with the report, i was expecting to hear how exactly the stock hatch cars finished so high... however i think the report left alot to be desired.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 26 Jul 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1363978)   #15
RoyG
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
.......more interesting story of the day would have been that two Stock Hatches made it to the Superfinal.
Fantastic result for Jamie & Julian - how much coverage will they get in MN tomorrow? ........
Old 26 Jul 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1364044)   #16
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dermot was 7th because his wipers failed and couldnt see a thing
Old 27 Jul 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1364397)   #17
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyG
Fantastic result for Jamie & Julian - how much coverage will they get in MN tomorrow? ........
Presume it will be the same report. Isn't it the same reporter (Tim Whittington I think) that does the reports on the website and MN ?
Old 27 Jul 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1364401)   #18
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
yup word for word the same RM

Old 31 Jul 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1368339)   #19
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And they wonder why they are losing drivers from the lower classes. The Pug is going this weekend, so we won't be out in Stockhatch again.
Seriously thinking about making the new car a circuit car, as we are extremely disillusioned (can't spell) by it all.
What is the point of investing all that money, to get nothing in return. The lower classes even get different trophies now, even though we all pay the same entry fees!!!!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1368393)   #20
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

[QUOTE=TWIGLET]And they wonder why they are losing drivers from the lower classes. The Pug is going this weekend, so we won't be out in Stockhatch again.
Seriously thinking about making the new car a circuit car, as we are extremely disillusioned (can't spell) by it all.
What is the point of investing all that money, to get nothing in return. The lower classes even get different trophies now, even though we all pay the same entry fees!!!!![/QUOTE}

Here, here!!
Lets hope you (Simon) don't decide to leave the sport.

Why don't you stay in RX and try the RSS for a change, noticed you have not competed there this season.
I have been at all the rounds and just to point out a few things:
Superb pre event build up on websites throughout Europe, good write ups on all classes in MSN.
Great trophies at the events, same for all classes, there huge!!!
Prize money for Div1 and SuperNational at selected events
The opportunity to race against top European competition especially at the SuperPrix.
Great class structure and MDA championship to race for, 3 heats and finals for all drivers
New knockout format to be used from the SuperPrix onwards, to change the way events run.
Go on give it a go!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1368411)   #21
RoyG
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWIGLET
And they wonder why they are losing drivers from the lower classes. The Pug is going this weekend, so we won't be out in Stockhatch again.
What is the point of investing all that money, to get nothing in return. The lower classes even get different trophies now, even though we all pay the same entry fees!!!!!
Twiglet -

Your spelling's spot on!!

Yet another loss to Stock Hatch! It really is a shame to see the mass defections of the last year or so. Where is the future of Rallycross if the entry level classes are not well looked after?

Good luck if Simon does go racing - maybe give Greg, Sean & Derek a run for their money!!

I'm sure Rallycross will miss you both.

Regards,

Roy