Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Dec 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2597237)   #1
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2010 GT3 Asia

2010 SCCHK will step down as the race organizer after 6 years Asia Supercar Challenge and GT3 A races management.
The GT3 Asia race will be officially handed over to Motorsport Asia Ltd ( MAL). I am sure we all agree (MAL) will be the best professional auto sports promoter leading the GT3 Asia event in the coming years.

For better understanding your requirement and arrangement on coming .
SCCHK wish your comment send before 30-Dec-2009 .

• The New arrangement with MAL for 2010.
  • The GT3 Asia R & R and New class GTM 2010.
  • The GT3 Asia Provisional Race Dates and Venues.
  • The Entries of professional race drivers competing in 2010.

• Provisional Race Dates and Venues 2010:

• 13- 14 April Sepang F1 Circuit – Malaysia GT3 A Official Testing and Track Days
14-16 May Sepang F1 Circuit – Malaysia ( AFOS ) Rd 1 & 2
18-20 June Sepang F1 Circuit – Malaysia ( SGT ) Rd 3 & 4
16-18 July Sentul Int Circuit – Indonesia ( AFOS ) Rd 5 & 6
03-05 Sept Gwangiu F1 Circuit – Korea ( AFOS ) Rd 7 & 8
01-03 Oct Fuji F1 Circuit – Japan ( SGT ) Rd 9 & 10
23-24 Oct Motegi Int Circuit – Japan ( SGT ) Rd 11& 12

06-07 Nov Guangdong International Circuit – ChinaTBC ****

19-21 Nov Guia International Circuit MacauChina
Old 12 Dec 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2598371)   #2
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
besides this new Asia GT4 cup will be launched at 2010 too,MAL claimed they have agreement with SRO that they will use FIA GT4 logo(from euro to asia),using Euro GT4 cup race format and point system,and all cars will be checked by SRO technical delegate .

Round 1 & 2 15-16 May 2010Sepang, Malaysia(AFOS)
Round 3 & 4 18-20 June 2010Sepang, Malaysia(SGT)
Round 5 & 6 16-18 July 2010Sentul, Indonesia(AFOS)
Round 7 & 8 28-29 Aug 2010Korea, Gwangju(AFOS)
Round 9 & 10 11-12 Sept 2010Fuji, Japan(SGT)
Round 11 & 12 23-24 October 2010Guangdong, China(AFOS)*
* Subject to confirmation
Old 12 Dec 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2598432)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Do they transport the cars and equipment by boat?
Old 12 Dec 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2598468)   #4
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do they transport the cars and equipment by boat?
I don't know but usally by boat
in case race weekends isn't too tight for it
Old 13 Dec 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2598911)   #5
Lam Pak
Veteran

asian aston martin cup was extreminated. these cars gona move to new gt4 class. instant proposed regulation. I believe that.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2599291)   #6
pez
Rookie

pez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there is enough momentum to run a GT4 series; should just enter the Astons into the GTM class of Asia GT3 - that way will be assured of full grids !!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2599300)   #7
pez
Rookie

pez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Calendar but costs could escalate !!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2599369)   #8
Lam Pak
Veteran

i agrees pez. this calendar rewards big commitment and gt4 can have just few cars, old aston cup and may be 1 or 2 ginetta of track torque. gtm category is beter, than gt4 of fia. asian not tailed for these championships yet.

i wait to see asian gt challenge championship of frd calendar. if it beter. ppl may move. change rails behind the doors.
Old 25 Dec 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2605033)   #9
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
what's the official website?
Old 26 Dec 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2605229)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
what's the official website?
http://www.afos.com/gt3.php
Old 27 Dec 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2605416)   #11
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Thanks. Thought GT3 Asia had their own web done.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2607116)   #12
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Calendar 2010?
Old 14 Jan 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2613300)   #13
Lam Pak
Veteran

talk about drivers pls
Old 30 Jan 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2622114)   #14
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Before the official test day in April(well,SCCHK still co-operate a track day in the field) there are some news about drivers and teams.

2009 vice Champion Tija will NOT to compete in 2010 .Only Korean and Fuji will joined.

another main team Road+Track, Samson Chan has bought the third Ginetta G50Z GT3,besides Frank and kam cheong.

Mok Wing Sun will compete with full season with his special painting Cup S too,and Malagamuwa is going to join selected race too.(Sepang?)

in brand new GT4,12 former AMAC cars has entered new GT4 Series too,last year AMAC drivers like Mark Williamson and Chong should be in there.

Last edited by Monkey Head; 30 Jan 2010 at 03:21.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2622150)   #15
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
SCCHK website has posted 2010 championship information,mean they are stay in co-operation with MAL this year.
And Also final race will be held on either Autopolis at 16-17 Oct (Support FN) or Motegi at 22-24 Oct (support SGT)
For Classes in series former GT4 class will be convert to GT Production class this year too.

for further information ,you may visit :http://www.supercarclub.com/detail.php?328
Old 30 Jan 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2622185)   #16
Lam Pak
Veteran

tonite is going to be a good good night...i gotta feelin...

Quote:
The Team Machine duo of Eddie Yau and Sam Yau, who were competitive throughout the 2009 season, will return to scene in their eye-catching Lamborghini Gallardo GT3s.
and malay's bufori bms r1? any?
Old 1 Feb 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2623685)   #17
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Melvin Choo would like to stay his MT900R for 2010 GT3A season (no idea on full time or not) and purcase a new one which installed Judd Engine ,for GT300.

and for Bufori they would like to join AGT Masters according to HK's Carplus Magazine January issue
Old 2 Feb 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2624420)   #18
Asiaosh
Rookie

Asiaosh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT4 Asia Cup

I understand that GT4 Asia will be taking place this year and that the grid size is looking good. Aston Martins from last years AM Cup will race as there are lots available in the region, but it looks like it wont just be Aston Martins, with Ginetta, Nissan, Lotus, Audi, Bufori (?) also racing.

GT4 to follow the same calendar as GT3.

GT3M will also run, but is aimed at Porsche Carrera Cup cars (now the you have to run a 2010 cup car in the PCCA, last years PCCA cars and 996's can race in GT3M) and older GT3 cars (ie F360, etc.). Its not really aimed at GT4 spec cars as they wouldnt be competitive.

With GT3 and GT3M together the grid sizes should be great. Then with GT4 following the same calendar and some races also running with Japan Super GT then this year looks really exciting for GT racing in Asia.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2628384)   #19
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The main issue of Asia GT3 is matching the cars with drivers. An ill laborer quarrels with his tools. You have plenty of good machinery in the hands of rich amateurs. The best in Asia are in Porsche Carrera Cup Asia again - Menzel, O'Young, Avila, Sawa, Marchy, etc. Might Asiaosh can explain us why GT3 and GT4 are not racing together when you haven't enough cars in the grids to fill up two opposite grids. Touring cars fiasco is a lesson to be learn. Act today only, tomorrow is too late. Hey Asa, what to say about Bufori in AGT? Fear them Asia GT3.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2628963)   #20
Asiaosh
Rookie

Following the history of GT3 Asia, you can see that it has evolved from the HKSCC. Gentleman drivers in beautiful race cars, driving for their pleasure. However, having driven such cars for a number of years, these drivers are very capable amateurs and in some cases very experienced and fast racers. GT4 was born due to feedback from both teams and pro/am racers in the region who wanted a close and professional series that was available at a lower budget than GT3.

Juntos - Do you know how big the grids are in GT3 & GT4? Do you know something that we all dont know? Also, what do you define as 'not enough cars to fill a grid'? I would consider 12-18 cars a good grid size wouldnt you? PCCA had a 12 car grid for most of last year.

Grid sizes havent been released by the series owners for GT3 & GT4. It is my understanding that GT3 have in the region of 16 cars confirmed and are likely to have more enter before the start of the season. GT4 have 12 confirmed. PCCA are said to have 20 this year with the release of their fantastic new 2010 cup car.

The way I see it is that the total number of drivers, teams/cars in GT racing in Asia has risen significantly for 2010. There will be 3 fantastic series for us motorsport fans to enjoy. The winner of all this must surely be the motorsport fan, motorsport in Asia, motorsport business (tuners, teams, etc.) and the growth of sustainable motorsport across the region. And all of this against the backdrop of a global financial crisis.

There are obviously some people out there working tirelessly to make sure that motorsport has a bright future in Asia. We, being passionate about the sport should be supporting them and their series when we can.

With regards to Bufori, again, we should all be supporting them and applauding what they have achieved so far. Seeing what they achieved at Macau to simply get the car to the grid was astonishing. With regards to GT3 or GT4, the car will be homologated before the start of the season with the authorities. Where Bufori pitch the car and what homologation status it recieves is something that we cant guess at. Either way it will be great if we have an Asian brand with a passionate owner and team on either grid.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2630512)   #21
Lam Pak
Veteran

quality of driver and team in asia Gt3 can be problem?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2631189)   #22
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
I don't know anything Asiaosh at all, and it feels so good to say. I watched 09PCCA Motors TV highlights and observed that the real racing was just at the top - Menzel, Sugden, O'Young and Avila. I am generally a spectator not a organiser, or a promoter, or racing driver or team member. Asia GT3 suffers from the same decease of PCCA back field but bumper grids help them to hide the driver's poor skills till now. I, like almost everyone else I knew, agree that Asia GT3 needs to have more than 20 cars to look good. If GT4 have 12 confirmed, make them race together with GT3 guys. FIA-GT (with two classes combined) was a success for almost 15 years. Advice is least heeded when most needed.

What Bufori achieved at Macau GP was just little above ridiculous. That car can race in Macau only where the local scrutineers seemed to be there more for their own pleasure. They even reckoned some of the cars went beyond the rules. The car must have a valid FIA-homologation sheet. Where is the one of Bufori? Can you find it in your pocket Asa?
Old 12 Feb 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2631877)   #23
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What Bufori achieved at Macau GP was just little above ridiculous. That car can race in Macau only where the local scrutineers seemed to be there more for their own pleasure. They even reckoned some of the cars went beyond the rules. The car must have a valid FIA-homologation sheet. Where is the one of Bufori? Can you find it in your pocket Asa?
Because cars have never raced prior to receiving full homologation before
Old 12 Feb 2010, 01:36 (Ref:2631881)   #24
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Advice is least heeded when most needed.
Juntos - you are completely right.... it was just a sore site to see them putting the car together in the parking basement - FACTORY TEAM? I think, and here even Lam Pak must agree, Atlantic or Champ looked professional while Bufori with their bits and pieces flying all over the places; mechanics looked like parking lot cleaners, overworked and very unorganized.

I wish Bufori would call me ...loved to put the car where it belonged...

Making a race with a new car is never an easy slice...making it to a race with a car in pieces...a near disaster...and what about the rest of the racer's rights? One cannot race without wearing the "right" socks, but you can race a car and type/model which has never been tested, ran or even assembled? Windshield held into place by what? Ditto on the front valance, rear clip and so on...I have rarely seen a car being held together by so many tie raps!

No -I am not unfair in my comment - look at some of the pictures!

Hi tech showcase of how not to do it! Great PR!!! NOT!

Last edited by bothfeetin; 12 Feb 2010 at 01:39. Reason: apology to the mechanics
Old 14 Feb 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2633167)   #25
Asiaosh
Rookie

Hey, I agree, race cars should be fully sorted before heading out on the track and ideally not built in the garage on the weekend of the race. Putting that aside (and I admit that its a BIG thing to put aside). Its good to see someone/a company who is investing in motorsport. You can argue that they could be investing it more wisely, but at least they are investing...

Aside from the above..... looking at the issue raised by Juntos and Lam Pak about driver skills in Asia. You're suggesting that the driver skills are low apart from the top few (largely from outside asia/south east asia?). Im really interested to hear what you guys think about why driver skills are not perhaps as high as they could be? Are enough young asians karting? FBMW seems to have some good talent. Where are they going when they leave FBMW? Could/should those young guys be moving on to GT4, PCCA, GT3?

Maybe its a factor of cost/investment? If more people watched the racing at the circuit and on TV and in turn more businesses invested in sponsorship of motorsport then the sport wouldnt rely on wealthy 'gentleman drivers' paying to race? In europe and america it seems that these wealthy individuals who are passionate about motorsport not only race themselves, but support young drivers with sponsorships that allow them to progress.

There are so may variables I guess...