Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2024, 04:06 (Ref:4197551)   #1
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which F1 teammates will clash the most in 2024 ?

I recon that we are going to see some fireworks between teammates in 2024. One reason is that the technical regs haven't changed very much year to year. So there will be even less variance between cars and teammates this year compared to last year.

Russell and Hamilton were tied in qualifying in 2023 and they came to blows on the track in 2023 already. Neither have any reason to go along to get along in 2024 with Hamilton leaving. If the Mercedes is fast, there will be fireworks.

Then there's Ocon and Gasly. Towards the end of 2023, Gasly started to lose his patients with some of the strategy calls the team was making in relation to Ocon. He also said that he did all the heavy lifting to make the relationship work. Which makes sense considering its Ocon's reputation. It is also a contract year for Ocon. Ocon will be racing Gasly harder than anyone else. And he won't give an inch. And unlike last year, Gasly wont be giving any either.

Then there is Norris and Piastri. They are both #1 drivers. Not much else has to be said. Piastri has a whole season of F1 under his belt now. These 2 drivers will be closer than ever. And if McLaren carries on like they ended 2023, they will have polls, podiums and race wins to fight for. 2 of the most level headed personalities in the field. But that won't save them.

And last, Sainz and Leclerc. Who do get along reasonably well. But if the car is fast, Sainz will have no reason to budge on anything. Full on multi 21 is to be expected.

I am going Russell/Hamilton as the biggest clash. Followed by the Alpine drivers. Then the McLaren drivers, then Ferrari.

Which teammates do you think will clash in 2024 ?
Old 21 Feb 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4197586)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Russell and Hamilton have mainly kept it civil, with the occasional issue cropping up. I think that unless Hamilton is in with a chance of the WDC, that the team will favour Russell as the season goes on and that may lead to some issues.

Perez and Verstappen might fall out again, but Perez will be so far behind that it will not really matter.

I agree with you that Piastri may close the gap to Norris on race pace now that he has a season under his belt (qualy pace is already quite well matched). I am not sure that will result in massive fall-outs, but we will have to wait and see.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 10:06 (Ref:4197587)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, the most obvious is Ocon and Gasly, primarily because of Ocon who I confess I don't rate as highly as some others do. I think Gasly is probably the better and more consistent driver but I don't see Ocon as much of a team player.

Not convinced that Piastri is an equal #1 yet with Norris. I still see McLaren as 'Lando's Team' but Piastri is obviously good and Norris needs to demonstrate that he still holds the whip hand there while Piastri will be wanting to do the opposite. Could be an interesting one there for management...

Sainz and Leclerc? Having been dumped and seen his much-vaunted (but really still to fully prove himself) teammate retained Carlos would be a fool to play second fiddle. I think he's perfectly good enough not to have to - he's generally more consistent than his team-mate and makes fewer mistakes.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Feb 2024 at 10:28.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4197607)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
For me, the most obvious is Ocon and Gasly, primarily because of Ocon who I confess I don't rate as highly as some others do. I think Gasly is probably the better and more consistent driver but I don't see Ocon as much of a team player.
Ocon has form for colliding with team mates and given the added friction in his relationship with Gasly they've got to be the most likely to have a row at some point.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 14:20 (Ref:4197620)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Russell & Hamilton
Old 21 Feb 2024, 14:37 (Ref:4197624)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i thinl sparks will fly at ferrari between charles and carlos and as the team fails to live up to the fans expectations there will be the usual reshuffle in the management.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 15:57 (Ref:4197635)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im hoping for fireworks across most of the intra team battles.

if Merc have built themselves a car capable of challenging for win, i suspect there will be a lot of drama there.

despite Leclerc and Sainz generally looking like they get along, i suspect every radio message is going to framed in a way to look like there is something wrong at Ferrari and once Sainz announces where he is going, it will be full on fireworks.

if he does go to Merc, could a mid season swap be an option?

Ocon and Gasly will be fun as always and with more Ryan Reynolds im curious to see where this pairing goes now that there will be much more media attention focused there. i hope they dont play nice with one another.

mild interest in seeing if Stroll got any closer to Alonso and can Alonso keep a cool head about it. but rooting for Alonso to get that Merc seat so i hope he destroys Stroll.

like every season, i look forward to Perez acting like he has a shot to win it all until he realizes he dosent.

Ric v Tsunoda has the making of something special. possibly good car and one has to think this is sort of a last shot/season for both of them?

Albon/Sargeant, Bottas/Guanyu, and Mags/Hulk...really just rooting for Albon and to an extent Guanyu, but not much interest if im being honest about the rest.

but its really the Norris Piastri match up im most interested in. hopefully Mclaren have built them something special and if they have this could be an epic match up/rivalry...but in a good way. potentially two very special drivers imo.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 16:09 (Ref:4197638)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Honestly, given this is a repeat of 2023 pairings I don't expect much. But as already mentioned above, I see potential with...

* George and Lewis
* Charles and Carlos

Mostly per the dynamics of both driver pairings are known to be different in 2025. George might be looking to establish leadership which may mean pushing Lewis harder and in a less friendly way. For Carlos it will be to show value for his next seat and to not give up anything to Charles. Not to mention to show Ferrari what they gave up.

Richard
Old 21 Feb 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4197692)   #9
PanozDP01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

like every season, i look forward to Perez acting like he has a shot to win it all until he realizes he dosent.
Perez will most likely do ok at the start or on some of the street style tracks. And then fall off a cliff by the time Spa comes around. There's a fair chance that he is replaced by Riccardo half way through.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 13:32 (Ref:4197765)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
Perez will most likely do ok at the start or on some of the street style tracks. And then fall off a cliff by the time Spa comes around. There's a fair chance that he is replaced by Riccardo half way through.
I still find that latter option strange, bizarre even....
Old 22 Feb 2024, 14:10 (Ref:4197775)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Exactly my thought. Nowt stranger than folk.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 14:19 (Ref:4197778)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Bottas and Zhou clashing at least once. And wouldn't it be fun to see the RBRs clash at some point? OK that's probably very unlikely, but would definitely would add some spice
Old 22 Feb 2024, 21:15 (Ref:4197843)   #13
PanozDP01
Rookie

Quote:
He failed to make Q3 8 times last year. In the RB19. You think if he starts off in that kind of form that he's going to finish in that seat ?
Old 23 Feb 2024, 02:54 (Ref:4197857)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Magnussen and Hulkenberg. Obvs.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 06:51 (Ref:4197868)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He failed to make Q3 8 times last year. In the RB19. You think if he starts off in that kind of form that he's going to finish in that seat ?
I think strange that Ricc would replace him. Danny hasn't really done anything to warrant it yet.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4197869)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think strange that Ricc would replace him. Danny hasn't really done anything to warrant it yet.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4197871)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yeah but he can smile and drink alcohol from a shoe. This is how you get top drives.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 08:23 (Ref:4197875)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Possibly not. But I can see little advantage being gained from replacing him with Ricciardo. That ship has already sailed....
Old 23 Feb 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4197876)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo needs a good year or his days are numbered at RBR. Whether his replacement should be Danny Ric is another story
Old 23 Feb 2024, 18:04 (Ref:4197958)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Checo needs a good year or his days are numbered at RBR. Whether his replacement should be Danny Ric is another story
Sure is. One of Grimms' fairly tales.....
Old 23 Feb 2024, 19:34 (Ref:4197965)   #21
PanozDP01
Rookie

Quote:
Possibly not. But I can see little advantage being gained from replacing him with Ricciardo. That ship has already sailed....
I agree on that. Riccardo would be more consistent. And Red Bull want some consistency at minimum in that car
Old 23 Feb 2024, 21:59 (Ref:4197997)   #22
elianne
Rookie

elianne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull will not be in a hurry.

They have Perez and can keep him if they want to.

They have Ricciarod and Tsunoda and can use either of them to replace Perez during 2024 or after if they wish to. They can also keep 1 or both at the team formerly known as Alpha Tauri. Or drop 1 or btoh.

They can also bring in Lawson, to RBR of the ex-AT team.

They can also try to lure back Albon.

They know Sainz is on the market.

So, they have all the time in the world to just wait and see.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 01:57 (Ref:4198024)   #23
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lando will clash with Oscar, every race on the radio and probably also contact at some stage, Oscar will not care
Old 24 Feb 2024, 05:47 (Ref:4198035)   #24
PanozDP01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
Lando will clash with Oscar, every race on the radio and probably also contact at some stage, Oscar will not care
Oscar might not be a total pushover when it comes to team orders.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 08:26 (Ref:4198048)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can say that about most team mates though. I suspect that Lando will be significantly more resistant than Oscar if asked to move over for him. Lando knows that he now has a strong team mate who has the ability to disrupt his perceived #1 status at McLaren. He needs to really assert himself this season - IMO, his most important yet in his F1 career.