Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 20 Dec 2003, 22:40 (Ref:817081)   #1
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auriol

What now for him? And is it just me or does he not recieve the respect he deserves? You don't see him mentioned on forums as often as Sainz, Kankkunen, McRae or Makkinen and RallyXs left him out when they were discussing established drivers vs. new drivers a while ago (and left out Gardemeister from the new drivers, but that's another thread).
Old 20 Dec 2003, 22:58 (Ref:817095)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have said it was all over whith a whimper, not a bang. Very sad really.

I can remember Didier rolling a WRC Corolla, the pride and joy of Aussie works team Neal Bates Motorsport, on a release day for the new model Corolla down here. Neal had his heart ripped out...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Jan 2004, 08:25 (Ref:833393)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and some mates watched an old Tape of highlights from '88, and on that was the Welsh rally from the British Open championship, and we laughed about the "New up and coming Colin McRae" and coined the new term "Didier Auriol Day" for, every stage, something new seemed to go wroung with the poor man's car...
Old 10 Jan 2004, 13:21 (Ref:833510)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think he will prpbably do a Delecour and jjust disappear from the scene I am afraid.
Would be nice if he stayed invovled but really what can an ex World Champion do these days apart from get involved with a team or start his own.
Tell you what would be good! If he did a Thiry and started driving in local rallies.
Oh, I've just thought about Renault aswell, not a bad guy to help you develop a new WRC car!
Old 10 Jan 2004, 20:41 (Ref:833781)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Dakar rally?

BTW: Is Didier Auriol family of the former Dakar boss Hubert Auriol?