Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3978468)   #1751
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeeees that's what most of the karting dads say, then come to me when their Chinesium keys break.

It was a 7mm Beta, and 7mm is rarely used. So far the only uses I've found for it are the kingpin on a Tonykart and the caliper mounts on a BMW 320D. Any other uses?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3978469)   #1752
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dont use chinese stuff, more likely Facom because its supposed to be made in France and if I could afford I'd go for US tools. The other uses for a 7mm I'll tell you when this will be lost and I need one!
Old 26 May 2020, 21:23 (Ref:3978486)   #1753
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dont use chinese stuff, more likely Facom because its supposed to be made in France and if I could afford I'd go for US tools. The other uses for a 7mm I'll tell you when this will be lost and I need one!
The majority of Snap-On tools are made in China now, or they were until Trump got into power
Old 26 May 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3978488)   #1754
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Given that Snap-On supposedly last forever (and I don't think I've ever broken one - although most that I have are A/F so not used much) I'm always surprised that the dealers seem to make a living - though judging by the van that trundles past my front door every week to visit the mechanics in the units at the farm down the lane, its probably down to all being sold on the drip......
Old 26 May 2020, 22:53 (Ref:3978492)   #1755
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Snap.On make their money from the tools left on floor trays by errant mechanics. A bit like Colman's Mustard left on the side of plates.

Old 26 May 2020, 23:42 (Ref:3978494)   #1756
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Tools left in a race car !!! I remember going out at Castle Combe once and when I braked at one of the corners a hammer shot forward from under the seat, luckily it was in qualifying so I pulled back into the pit lane and chucked it at the mechanics
I always seemed to have problems at CC and once I went out for qualifying and on the first lap the engine went on to 3 cylinders, I pulled into the pit lane and the mechanics and I had a quick look and found a broken rocker arm. I ran back to the van and brought back and fitted a complete rocker assembly (quickly making sure that they all had a slight clearance) and got back out to complete a couple of laps to make three. I was lucky that day as very often if that happens at high engine speed the cam follower doesn't return fast enough and the cam hits the side of the follower and snaps it off, sometimes sodding the block up
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3978499)   #1757
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
1982 Castle Combe and I’ve led every lap and got fastest lap as well .Last lap and she coughs and splutters as ran out of fuel .Limped over the line in 3rd but was not disappointed as having had such a strong performance I was sure I was going on to great things in motor racing .It took another eight years 1990 before I went on to win my first race .Never did the call from Ferrari . Happy days .
Old 27 May 2020, 07:49 (Ref:3978507)   #1758
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I loaned someone a clutch slave @ Spa . . . . I think he found his original on a lap walk later. had the same happen to me at Spa in 2008, did my 3 laps in 3rd gear.
double circlip and jubilee clip thereafter.

before I started racing I was helping Les G with his LC, at SPa he was calculating fuel . . . Adrian and I were both adamant he should fill both tanks ( 45L ) he was convinced 40 was enough and save the weight. he went from 28th to 10th . . . . .spluttered on the last lap and finished 28th.
Old 27 May 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3978510)   #1759
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
82? You're a newbie Iain! No regret about this italian team, they dont deserve drivers like you.
Old 27 May 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3978518)   #1760
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I loaned someone a clutch slave @ Spa . . . . I think he found his original on a lap walk later.
Who the hell was that
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3978628)   #1761
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Snap.On make their money from the tools left on floor trays by errant mechanics. A bit like Colman's Mustard left on the side of plates.

I do have a rather handy short 10mm combination Snap-On spanner that I picked up while doing a track walk at Oulton, I think.....
Old 27 May 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3978691)   #1762
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tools n' bikes. I guess the supplice chinois was invented by a Japanese! Remember removing a screwdriver from the tool bag of a japanese bike and very quickly you wonder how the heck they manage to put everything together and under the seat. May be the plastic bag is moulded ont the tools?
Old 27 May 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3978718)   #1763
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Gerard, Lambretta had a cloth tool Roll, I have a French LAmbretta spark plug spanner in my touring tool kit

They made LD's in France under license.
Old 27 May 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3978724)   #1764
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes of course, now you say it I remember. I posted a question for you in Boobool's thread: do you remember Lambretta entered a car at Le Mans?
Old 27 May 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3978742)   #1765
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What has Lambretta not done? It seems they have done an awful. And I thought they just made scooters
Old 28 May 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3978844)   #1766
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I didn't see that Gerard, I will go and look . . .

Ferdinando Innocenti died in 1966, his son Luigi took over, and didn't gauge it quite right . . .attempting to take on the car market and an ill fated tie up with BMC . . .coupled with declining scooter sales and industrial disputes . . . a sad end to a big family and major employer. There was a good documentary on talking pictures last weekend.

I like this, I doubt I could drive it very well though!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta Lola LeMans 1979 -2.png  

Last edited by zefarelly; 28 May 2020 at 07:43.
Old 28 May 2020, 08:28 (Ref:3978858)   #1767
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola 292 I believe?
Old 28 May 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3978860)   #1768
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
296 and a 298. There were 2 entered . . .news to me.

looks like a 292 as well . . .I'mnot up on these cars at all . . . . but I may offer a Cortina and a TT in paret ex ;-)

https://motorsportsmarket.com/raceca...-mans-history/

Last edited by zefarelly; 28 May 2020 at 08:47.
Old 28 May 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3978862)   #1769
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those 2 litre sports cars of the 70's were just glorious both to look at and to hear.
Old 28 May 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3978872)   #1770
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Fast Lambretta is it Joe? Agree with you, looks like a T 292.
Justracing I remember when the 2 liter championship was raging, wonderful grid and fantastic battles. Sometimes we had Jean-Louis Lafosse in our Grp 4/5/6 national races just testing bits. What a difference between a pro team and pure amateurs…
Old 28 May 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3978893)   #1771
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is a T298 BMW, driven by Pierre Yver& Max Cohen-Olivar.
Old 28 May 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3978898)   #1772
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I think it is a T298 BMW, driven by Pierre Yver& Max Cohen-Olivar.
Indeed, plus Michel Elkoubi and powered by BMW at LM24 of 1979
Old 28 May 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3978906)   #1773
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think RBS, as on usual, got it right. Cant remember but may be El-Gourbi didn't drive. But I can attest that some books or websites are very inaccurate about the drivers lists. I'm regularly asked about some including my Dad. I dont give any info now, some people make money with this and are vey irrespective and not really polite…
Old 28 May 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3978942)   #1774
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was buzzing around the other day. Looks like a hurricane but sounded different. Perhaps Griffon powered.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0005.jpg  
Old 28 May 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3978980)   #1775
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The wing profile suggests Hurricane, as you say. Could possibly be a Hawker Fury?
Closed Thread