Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Jul 2001, 11:46 (Ref:120504)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best Virtual Race

What would be your best ever race you have competed in on any type of gaming system.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 04:27 (Ref:120892)   #2
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In EA's F1 2000 on my PC when I was actually able to finish a full race distance without getting punted off the track by anyone
Trust me I was so relieved when I finished 4th at Malaysia running Rubens' Ferrari after so many attepts.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 09:54 (Ref:121005)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My greatest race would probably be on F1 '97. It was Silverstone, and I was way down the field in Johnny Herbert's Sauber. Then it started raining. I caught Villeneuve's Williams on the final corner to take a magnificent victory. (And Katayama scored a point in his Minardi. YAAAAAAAY!)

Old 25 Jul 2001, 17:26 (Ref:121638)   #4
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine would have to be my first ever victory on grand prix legends (after 18 months and many thousands of laps of trying). It was at Silverstone in a 30min ish length race, and I took the lead at maggots on the second to last lap, by overtaking Jim Clark. It wasn't really the excitement of the race, more the feeling of accomplishment of finally winning a GP.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 04:13 (Ref:122385)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to ozywoodwards. Winning a race in Grand Prix Legends is truly an achievement to be proud of, since it's the most difficult race game I've ever played.

My best ever race was not a race I won.
I even didn't finish higher than 19th.
But it was a matter of endurance, for the race as well as for myself.
I'm talking about the Le Mans 24 Hours game.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe I am the only - although slightly insane - person in the world who actually raced the whole 24 hours.

I had a week off work and decided I should give credit to the game's name.
I started on a Wednesday afternoon at 1600 hours and finished on Thursday afternoon at 16 hours and 55 minutes.
That's because I paused the game a couple of times to get some food and drinks and to make sure the blood went to my brain again instead of heaping up in my arms and fingers. (I used a steering wheel).

If you keep in mind that in the real Le Mans 24 Hours race a team usually consists of three drivers and that I did this all by myself, you can truly call me an armchair enthusiast.
Or a fool. I think in this case both expressions are valid.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 22:38 (Ref:122779)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard,

GREEEAAAATTTT !!!

And you give me ideas !!!
Old 27 Jul 2001, 23:54 (Ref:122789)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard sir, you are a true credit to the videogame world. Well done that man!!!

Old 28 Jul 2001, 01:19 (Ref:122821)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My best race was in TOCA Touring Cars 1. I started 16th in the rain at Silverstone driving a Nissan Primera. I carved my way through the field, to get to 1st with a few laps left. Then, Plato spun me off the track, and I dropped back to 9th, beforing charging through the field again.

With three corners to go, I was fourth, but the two renaults and someone else approached traffic, and lost heaps of time, allowing me to overtaking all three of them at the last corner, to win the race.

I have had many great races in GP2, including one a few days ago, where I started last in Allan McNish's Toyota at Adelaide, and over the space of five laps went from last to first, including some magnificent overtaking moves...

I haven't had any good races in GP3, because it is a little hard to with 500% Processor Occupancy.

Oh, and Gerard, you're not the only one! Three of my friends raced 24 hours non-stop, taking two hours turns each, before finishing 12th and last.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 03:14 (Ref:123608)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard did the whole thing on his own though, without any team mates, what a legend.

I have 3 that i can't split:

1 - TOCA 2, driving a Vauxhall Vectra, i was in a championship round at Brands Hatch for round 22. I was on P3 and was 5th at turn 1 (anyone know how to get a good start) but was turned around and was rammed by about 5 cars. My car was really damaged and the engine had a problem, so i was falling back and in 16th. I pitted at the start of the pit window and put my foot down, i think all my laps were in 40 seconds or under, and i caught David Leslie and passed him at Druids on the last lap.

2 - In GP2, i was in Eddie Irvine's Ferrari ( i was playing a 99 championship) and i was at the hungaroring. I let the computer pick my pitstop strategy and it chose that i would make one pit stop at lap 27 of 77. I started 5th but most were going to lap 40 or 50 so i was able to get into the lead by turn 2 and was never headed again, and i was able to win by 35 seconds

3 - Me and my 2 brother's did the Le Mans 24 hours on playstaion in a Lister. I did the first stint and was leading at the first pit stop. After 6 hours we were battling with one of the Toyota's when my brother made a pit stop and the playstation proceded to stuff up. We were in the pits for 10 minutes and came out something like 8 laps down. We all put our heads down and raced as hard as we could and managed to take back the lead with 1 and a half hours left, winning by 3 laps, and managed to pull off a le mans finish, there were 5 cars behind us at the end, and we took about 5 minutes to do the last lap.