Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Dec 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3948238)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
‘PASSION FOR SPEED’

Invited grid of HGPCA cars travelling from Europe.

Website here- https://www.zwartkops.co.za/category/passion-for-speed/
Old 23 Dec 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3948304)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link doesnt work for me. Also tried https://www.zwartkops.co.za which doesnt connect.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3948336)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Link doesn't work for me. Also tried https://www.zwartkops.co.za which doesnt connect.
Both work for me!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3948345)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm must be an Australian thing.... no luck on phone or i-Pad either. Just tried again. I get a "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.zwartkops.co.za) is not responding."

**** happens. .
Old 26 Dec 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3948578)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I guess it won't make the story of your life EB… Just to make sure, try a free VPN and change dramatically your location. Or just drop dead!
Seeing the sponsor is supposed to be swedish, may be this has to do with politics…
Old 29 Jan 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3954438)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good overnight flight . I had a row of seats all to myself so was able to get some sleep. Been up to the track and the cars have all traveled well .Tomorrow we can have 30 min practise so I will get my eye in and make sure everything is running ok with the Lotus .Will send over any interesting photos but for now some supper and sleep . Nice temperature here .
Old 30 Jan 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3954532)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hope all going OK- and have you found a MaccyD yet.......
Old 30 Jan 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3954545)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.... have you found a MaccyD yet.......
There is one 12 minutes away! (9.3 klms)

Directions from the track.

Zwartkops Raceway
R55, Lekkerhoekie 450-Jr, Pretoria, 0137, South Africa

Head east on Quagga Rd/M22
1 min (500 m)

Take Wierda Rd/M10 to Campbell Rd in Zwartkop 356-Jr
6 min (6.3 km)

Continue on Campbell Rd to your destination in Valhalla
5 min (2.6 km)
McDonald's
Valhalla, Centurion, 0185, South Africa

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Zwar...25.8104996!3e0
Old 30 Jan 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3954552)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha ben voil*, tu es * l'autre bout du monde et il y aura toujours un Anglais pour te donner une adresse de mauvaise bouffe!

May I suggest Valhalla Crossing restaurant, Alex's bar or Sergio's instead, sir? From top secret info, Sergio makes the best pizzas in town…
Old 30 Jan 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3954609)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wtf are you lot talking about . Had nice run out today . Did few laps and came in for cup of tea .Spent all afternoon changing gears , Jets and prepping car it’s very high up here and no air. Up at 5 am tomorrow that’s 3 am your time . We are on track again at 7 am . One of the cars that came out is not running well so I’m going out in that car to see what’s wrong . Not a Delta run car BTW. Feel for owner such a nice bloke and he was looking forward so much to this trip. Will send over photos to Mike to post . Still very hot but we did have the most amazing thunder storm just now . Best wishes Iain
Old 31 Jan 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3954668)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One pic from our World correspondent so far......
Attached Thumbnails
6374313E-C847-41C5-8AAB-45204290FB43.jpeg  
Old 31 Jan 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3954734)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
100 or 107E chases 105E chases Alfa, under clear blue skies. Nice!
Attached Thumbnails
D6690FB8-1E83-4556-B6B6-529A4BC6AAA1.jpeg  
Old 31 Jan 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3954776)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just finished qualy . I’m P9 overall P3 FJ but there are only 3 Juniors . I’m happy with my times and there is 6 of us from P3 to P9 covered by 1 sec so should be fun tomorrow .Blooming hot but I’m enjoying the weekend . BTW one of those cars is Marcus Pye driving a FFord RF 82 . He is having some long overdue fun . Bring it on . I hear you are still having lots of rain .O Dear . 😂
Old 31 Jan 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3954820)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If Marcus Pye is driving, who's gonna comment? WTF! Have fun and pedal to the metal!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3954833)   #15
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting looking on the entry there is 3 Porsche 917s. I imagine they are replicas or whatever a non original car is called, its all way to confusing. Interesting to see what they look like livery and all .
Old 1 Feb 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3955003)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Started P9 had awful start . Dropped about 6 places . Started picking the FFords off one by one then there was a red flag . They don’t go into pits here so we went back out on to grid .Switched off then all the cars I passed came past me and lined up in front of me . Right shambles but hey ho .Off we go again and I have never had so much fun for 7 laps . Passing passing cars galore . Last blooming lap drove shaft broke . Hey ho all fixed . Marcus was 4th so brilliant effort from him .2 nd race in an hour . Still blooming hot . Might of been jinxed as the TV people put a camera on the car . Not sure where you go to see it but should make great viewing .
Old 1 Feb 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3955068)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Broken driveshaft put me out of first race . Lucky I had plenty of spares . Job that took the time was changing the UJ . Always have trouble with them . Just when you think you have the cup home find a roller has dropped behind the cup . Then found the shaft had bashed the damper and bent the shaft so had to borrow another shock absorber . Anyway after couple of hours and I even had time to have some free food . Lotus all back together but I have to start P24 . There I am in collecting area and a very nice marshal says “hey Iain we can’t have starting back there line up in box 15”. Well thakyou very much .Fluffed start again and dropped few places then another great run and finished P10. Final results show me P2 in class so happy days . Photos on the way via Magic Mike .Early night now then off to Cape Town tomorrow then to Killarney Raceway .
Old 2 Feb 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3955241)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well done Iain! Your pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
77579B3D-DC4A-469C-8097-CB2CC609707A.jpeg   04A05BB6-1B23-4046-89E1-CBECB907BBA0.jpeg  
Old 2 Feb 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3955243)   #19
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
. There I am in collecting area and a very nice marshal says “hey Iain we can’t have starting back there line up in box 15”. Well thakyou very much .
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Feb 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3955416)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I have arrived in Cape Town and picked up a bit of crumpet at airport . Been for lovely run this morning along the beech . Our hotel is by the sea . Wonderful just wonderful . Taking mrs Delta sight seeing today and tomorrow , cars arrive Wednesday so I can get back playing then . Very warm with lovely breeze .This Really is heaven with motor racing , sea , running and lots of food . Happy days everyone .
Old 3 Feb 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3955424)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have arrived in Cape Town and picked up a bit of crumpet at airport . Been for lovely run this morning along the beech . Our hotel is by the sea . Wonderful just wonderful . Taking mrs Delta sight seeing today and tomorrow , cars arrive Wednesday so I can get back playing then . Very warm with lovely breeze .This Really is heaven with motor racing , sea , running and lots of food . Happy days everyone .
Thanks Delta, sounds brilliant, enjoy your travels 🙂
Old 3 Feb 2020, 15:01 (Ref:3955481)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Cape Town is a beautiful City.... Iain, you should take Mrs D up to the top of Table Mountain in the cable car!
Old 3 Feb 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3955521)   #23
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Love the enthusiasm and vigour! It's real tonic for those of us stuck in colder climes, have fun