Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Nov 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3938321)   #26
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally good racing throughout the weekend. Too many interruptions for my liking though, it makes the sport look a bit of a joke when it's like that.

I'm not really keen on drifting but at least it's spectacular & takes skill to compete in. However, as it's a judged competition where the winner is effectively chosen based on the opinions of a few people, it means that it isn't a sport, IMO.

eSports are fine. Doesn't take up any track time and it wasn't actually a bad race.

Short races like F4 & touring cars need to be run over a number of laps instead of time. Safety cars take up a huge percentage of the race when they're timed. Those two disciplines produced the best racing of the event though.

The GTs should have been so much better but the amateurishness of it all made it hard to take seriously. OK, the weather can't be controlled but there was no need for the stoppages to be anywhere near as long as they were. To quote myself from another forum during the first race:

Quote:
Basically, the race has been stopped because useless amateurs can't be trusted to keep it on the track. It's high time that race orgainsers stopped actively encouraging mediocrity with this driver grading rubbish.
Encourage professionalism and quality please!

Ideally, the event should be held at a venue with a karting circuit so that they can race instead of doing that slalom sideshow. If they want an event like that then autotest should be considered for the future.

On the whole I'm a fan of the concept of the games. Hopefully it will get bigger and better.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 23:07 (Ref:3938396)   #27
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Excellent drive from Butcher. ��
Excellent drive from the unknown Russian.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3938437)   #28
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The drivers should have been the cream of the crop, in their respective nations. Either front-runners, or recent champions. I felt there were quite a number of nobodies, and drivers that are typically grid-fillers where they normally race.

I thought the commentary was disappointing, to be honest. Mark James, and maybe Stefano Comini would have been a better choice. Both know TCR and it's drivers very well, and do seem to work well together.

Besides that, the racing that I saw was very good.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3938497)   #29
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume it was a pay to drive event?

Don't understand why they were using different cars in an event like that. If you're comparing drivers across nations then the playing field needs to be even with everyone in the same model.

Whole thing just seemed really weird. Most people in the YouTube comments didn't have a clue what it was about and why some countries were represented and others not (no Japan in drifting for example). Just seemd poorly publicised and run to me.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3938499)   #30
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars are BOP'd as part of the formula.

Playing devils advocate it's not that simple to rustle up 20 identical TCR cars worth £2m+ at the drop of a hat, plus all the required support. Whatever car and track you pick someone will still have home field advantage.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3938584)   #31
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
You could gather those 20 identical TCR cars but you'd still had to find the cash to pay the likes of Huffy, Estaban, Uncle Muller, etc.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3938604)   #32
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People laughed at Formula E. It has just declared its first profit...
Old 5 Nov 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3938769)   #33
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Ideally, the event should be held at a venue with a karting circuit so that they can race instead of doing that slalom sideshow. If they want an event like that then autotest should be considered for the future.
Le Mans is the answer. GT on the long circuit, TC and F4 on Bugatti circuit and Karting on the amazing international karting circuit.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3938778)   #34
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Le Mans is the answer. GT on the long circuit, TC and F4 on Bugatti circuit and Karting on the amazing international karting circuit.
If they are really wanting the Motorsport Games to become a massively popular event (Festival of Speed size) then I think it definitely needs a circuit like that. Obviously though, being a partial street circuit Le Mans may prove a bit difficult! Spa would be good too, but then already holds a bunch of GT and TCR events.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3938851)   #35
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
If they are really wanting the Motorsport Games to become a massively popular event (Festival of Speed size) then I think it definitely needs a circuit like that. Obviously though, being a partial street circuit Le Mans may prove a bit difficult! Spa would be good too, but then already holds a bunch of GT and TCR events.
The word is that next years venue is Paul Ricard..
Old 6 Nov 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3938860)   #36
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
The cars are BOP'd as part of the formula.

Playing devils advocate it's not that simple to rustle up 20 identical TCR cars worth £2m+ at the drop of a hat, plus all the required support. Whatever car and track you pick someone will still have home field advantage.
Anyone who follows TCR know the BOP is highly dubious for starters.

It's their choice to run TCR cars as the Tin Top segment of the event. Plenty of other one make series they could look to.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3938872)   #37
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Ugh. Of all the circuits in France, series always choose to race there.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3938907)   #38
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oh wonderful....
Old 7 Nov 2019, 01:32 (Ref:3938975)   #39
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pau would have been better.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 05:32 (Ref:3939008)   #40
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Oh wonderful....

Big shame after what was a pretty good track in Vallelunga. It was helped by unpredictable wet weather but racing in Touring, GT and F4 was pretty exciting
Old 7 Nov 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3939029)   #41
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Ugh. Of all the circuits in France, series always choose to race there.
If it wasn’t located in the middle of nowhere and had accessible roads (the only way in is a single lane road), it would honestly be a fantastic venue..
Old 7 Nov 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3939037)   #42
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Big shame after what was a pretty good track in Vallelunga. It was helped by unpredictable wet weather but racing in Touring, GT and F4 was pretty exciting
Definitely. I never really liked Vallelunga's layout before but actually now I think it's a pretty good circuit.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3939039)   #43
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
If it wasn’t located in the middle of nowhere and had accessible roads (the only way in is a single lane road), it would honestly be a fantastic venue..
Also if it didn't have the ridiculous run-off areas and honestly a pretty boring layout. For me it works much better as a test track (as intented) rather than for racing.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3939224)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Of course I would like to see more countries and better drivers but at the end it's about racing and I enjoyed both races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
People laughed at Formula E. It has just declared its first profit...
Wrong topic?