Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Sep 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3299449)   #501
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone who expects Toyota to win a race this season is exceedingly optimistic.

Audi lost three races and decided not to lose any more. Toyota (or TMG, rather) doesn't have the budget to do the massive development and testing Audi can do, so ...

Why not accept it now, and deal with it? Everyone getting all upset about it seems very silly to me.

Toyota top brass doesn't give a a single flaming monkey ball about the opinion of WEC fans. They aren't in WEC to try to sell more sedans and SUVs, which is where the money comes from. They don't care who is ****ed that they don't spend more, or field three cars, or any of that.

Toyota is developing a 2014 car, and even that might be on a tight budget, I don't know. it really isn't any of my business. I watch racing, not corporate tax filings.

Audi has this season sewn up. People looking for gripping P1 action can expect it, in the race between the two Audis.

We all (and Audi) might get surprised, but don't count on it.

Deal with it.

I intend to enjoy the rest of the season regardless. Live the life you want to live
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3299488)   #502
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
"Anyone who expects Toyota to win a race this season is exceedingly optimistic"

Indeed, Vasselon too doesn't expect to win...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3299686)   #503
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If you want to get technical, Audi increased its pace, Toyota increased its pace and fuel economy. Before you claim that was due to bop, you should look at the results from Silverstone compared to last year, running the same car. I think its pretty funny people only see one side of the results in Audi's light. Even Rebellion has increased their pace. Toyota only hangs on thanks to their hybrid and aero, and Vasselon claims Audi is up 50hp on them. Seems so when you look at the results. But careful study shows Audi sacrificed a greater percentage in fuel economy than it gained in pace. So really, how much is gained when you see the drop in times compared to the drop in distance?