Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jul 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2730002)   #1
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory 8th August

So, who's off to the sunny Midlands for this? Who's racing, marshalling, spannering or watching? I didn't go last year but I've been round in a rally car and it seems a pretty quick track, so there should be some good racing.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2730207)   #2
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockHatch782 View Post
So, who's off to the sunny Midlands for this? Who's racing, marshalling, spannering or watching? I didn't go last year but I've been round in a rally car and it seems a pretty quick track, so there should be some good racing.

not me.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2730213)   #3
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Dave, will be in Maasmachelen for the ERC round. Come on, you know you'd rather come to that...
Old 21 Jul 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2730230)   #4
StockHatch782
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McCann View Post
not me.
Why not, Kev? Is your car out of action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey
Sorry Dave, will be in Maasmachelen for the ERC round. Come on, you know you'd rather come to that...
Might be racing at Mallory now, mate, in which case I'd definitely rather be in Leicestershire. Have a Jupiler or three for me, though.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2730266)   #5
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, will be there trying to keep up
Old 22 Jul 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2730464)   #6
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
[QUOTE=StockHatch782;2730230]Why not, Kev? Is your car out of action?

Yes, looks like 12 weeks for crank to be made.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2730502)   #7
StockHatch782
Racer

Quote:
Quote:
Why not, Kev? Is your car out of action?

Yes, looks like 12 weeks for crank to be made.
Arse. So you'll miss Lydden as well or has it already been started?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2730514)   #8
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would liked to have ventured to Mallory but the pull of the ERC in Maasmachelen was far too great.

Good luck if you do get out on the track Dave, but remember I need you racing at Lydden!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2730660)   #9
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be there
Old 22 Jul 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2730838)   #10
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be marshalling - so long as enough of you guys stay this side of the channel ....

ABBA Reunion concert on site on the Saturday night - sweet dreams campers!
http://www.spinal-research.org/displ...=events&id=253
Old 24 Jul 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2731609)   #11
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Quote:
Arse. So you'll miss Lydden as well or has it already been started?
crank now available due to cancellation!!! Hopefully Julian can finish engine next week and we can do all the other work in time for Mallory?
Old 24 Jul 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2731631)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
crank now available due to cancellation!!! Hopefully Julian can finish engine next week and we can do all the other work in time for Mallory?
Hurrah! Hope all goes well at Mallory and the car is in good form for Lydden.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2732084)   #13
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anybody tell me if the loose is going to be rectified before the event?. When i saw it the other day nothing had been done apart from a thin top dressing near the esses and there was a lot of big stuff on view.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2733713)   #14
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Darren Wilcox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroen Manic View Post
Can anybody tell me if the loose is going to be rectified before the event?. When i saw it the other day nothing had been done apart from a thin top dressing near the esses and there was a lot of big stuff on view.

Yes it would be nice to know, would maybe make the trip as i'm not going to scotland the week before now , but would like to know if the track has ben sorted first, but car'nt seem to find any answers to the above question ??????????????
Old 27 Jul 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2733852)   #15
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Wilcox View Post
Yes it would be nice to know, would maybe make the trip as i'm not going to scotland the week before now , but would like to know if the track has ben sorted first, but car'nt seem to find any answers to the above question ??????????????
I do know that Steve Hill has been liaising with the circuit and has visited and left them with a list of certain things to do, i know this included putting concrete down on entrance and exits of loose sections to stop it cutting up and make transition smoother.

I also know he wanted the loose sections re-grading, large items removing and then compacting.

But i do not know if this has been done yet, unless anyone can confirm this? Like Daz above and myself and im sure like many others are awaiting something official before entering as cant afford a damaged car with events close together before the end of the year!!
Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2733874)   #16
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This doesnt sound great to me, less than 2 weeks before the event and 10 months after the problems became known & the drivers dont know if they have a track fit for racing. The last thing rallycross needs at the moment is for this event to go tits up.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2733920)   #17
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first round of the Open Championship suffered because of this in March. It would be a great shame to see the event on the 8th cancelled as it would be another blow to Rallycross. Having an insight into the events that led up to the March meeting being cancelled I don't blame drivers for waiting - the event will probably go ahead but whether the track is sorted - who knows.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2733924)   #18
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is starting to get on my wick! I've been really limited in the events I can get to this year and when I finally have the chance it looks like it could be cancelled or entries may suffer because of the track problems. I really hope they get this sorted, as the last thing the sport needs is another venue being moth balled. Apologies if I'm jumping the gun a bit, not like me to be pessimistic prefer to deal in hard facts, frustration getting the better of me.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2733972)   #19
Coppertop
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex
Coppertop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget Drivers, if you enter, you can cancel your entry and get a full refund, same if any event is cancelled, a full refund is given. Your entry does help us organisers get things in place!!!
Old 27 Jul 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2734076)   #20
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi S1 View Post
I do know that Steve Hill has been liaising with the circuit and has visited and left them with a list of certain things to do, i know this included putting concrete down on entrance and exits of loose sections to stop it cutting up and make transition smoother.

I also know he wanted the loose sections re-grading, large items removing and then compacting.

But i do not know if this has been done yet, unless anyone can confirm this?

THAT JUST IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

The wrong material was put down in the first instance, removing (some) of the big stuff wont do it as the stuff just wont bind, it has IMHO to go and be REPLACED with another material that has the ability to bind with itself. We also cannot take the circuits word about any remedial works as in the spring they assured PSM that the loose had been sorted last November It was only revealed to just as bad as last year when PSM went for a visual inspection after it had all last winter to compact.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2734090)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess everyone has got the same E-mail, but for those of you who aren't on the RallycrossUK mailing list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycross UK

Upgrades at Mallory Park, Ready to Race
Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship, 27.07.10

The Loose Sections of the Rallycross Circuit at Mallory Park have been re-graded.

After the re-introduction of the British Rallycross Championship to Mallory Park which hosted the final round of the 2009 series, the circuit owners have today confirmed that all necessary re-grading of the loose sections have now been carried out successfully.
During last years return to the circuit some competitors were concerned regarding the suitability of the loose sections after damage to their cars became apparent, possibly due to the bumps and large stones after the circuit had been used for the first time in a major Rallycross event in 31 years.

The circuit owners have attempted previous repairs to the loose sections, which could not be completed in time for the scheduled but later cancelled LHMC Winter Series event on February 14, this was hampered further due to the intense cold snaps experienced over the winter break.

After a visit to the circuit by experienced groundwork company MD and Supercar racer Steve Hill of Steve Hill Construction Ltd advice was given to the circuit bosses of what developments were required to improve the unforgiving loose sections.

Steve Hill - "We spent some time covering all loose areas of the circuit and sample testing, we soon learned that the majority of the gravel areas needed completely re-grading from scratch. After a recent revisit to the circuit I can confirm the circuit have ticked every box on our suggestion list"

Hill added "Even with the bumps at last year's event, Mallory Park was a very fast and exciting Rallycross venue, I'm looking forward to sampling what I can only describe as a massive improvement and I hope we can keep Mallory on our calendar for many years to come and all competitors can bring their cars with confidence to round 5 on August 8th"

Mallory Park is race ready for 8th August -
photo Tim whittington

The extensive improvements carried out includes shallow concrete ramps to ease the transition between loose and tarmac, over 120 tons of large stones have been removed from the surface, the addition of fine material in braking and acceleration areas to tighten up the material, a concrete sub base added to the loose chicane to prevent rutting and constant heavy rolling to firm up and stabilise the newly graded loose section.
Competitors who have not yet entered round 5 of the MSA BRC can do so by submitting the entry form found on LHMC's webpage, closing date for entries is Wednesday 4 August.

Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship

Spectator and general information website:
www.RallycrossUK.com

Competitor website:
www.lyddenhill.co.uk/lhmc.php

Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship 2010
Monday April 4/5 Lydden HillSunday April 25 Knockhill
Saturday June 12 Blyton
Sunday July 11 Maasmechelen (B)
Sunday August 8 Mallory Park
Monday August 30 Lydden Hill
Sunday September 12 Mallory Park
Sunday October 10 Pembrey
Old 27 Jul 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2734107)   #22
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Quote:
THAT JUST IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

The wrong material was put down in the first instance, removing (some) of the big stuff wont do it as the stuff just wont bind, it has IMHO to go and be REPLACED with another material that has the ability to bind with itself. We also cannot take the circuits word about any remedial works as in the spring they assured PSM that the loose had been sorted last November It was only revealed to just as bad as last year when PSM went for a visual inspection after it had all last winter to compact.

I WOULD REFER YOU BACK TO THE QUOTE ABOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Jul 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2734171)   #23
keentowatch
Rookie

Ireland
Northhampton
keentowatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I WOULD REFER YOU BACK TO THE QUOTE ABOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel it very sad that you need to come on here with your cheap jibes and comments, are you really that bitter that you now want to set out and try and personally destroy british rallycross. Unfortunatley the championship you were involved in has been cancelled today and that is really sad for rally X and im sure i speak on behalf of alot of drivers and wish Peter every success in what ever his future plans are. But i really think you need to get a life and move on too (preferably not round the brc paddock) you know i know who you are, someone that i once looked upto as a gentleman and a true ambassador for rally X, how i was wrong.........
Old 27 Jul 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2734204)   #24
205munchkin
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
205munchkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else wish that Lional would go the hike...
Old 27 Jul 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2734215)   #25
keentowatch
Rookie

Ireland
Northhampton
keentowatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid