Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3924873)   #1
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
2019 FIA WEC 4 hours of Silverstone (Race)

No thread was open, so I decided to do one.

Timetable-

FP1- August 30th (12h00)- Finished; results (PDF)
FP2- August 30th (17h00)- Finished; results (PDF)
FP3- August 31st (09h00)-
QF1- August 31st (11h50)-
QF2- August 31st (12h20)-
RACE- September 1st (12h00)-

New stuff-

Race is only 4hrs.
Rebellion has an interim livery which is split black/white and white/black on their two cars.
Ginetta finally has 2 entries in lmp1.
The track is much faster this year thanks to a resurfacing.
Only 3 manufacturer's left in GTE PRO and AM with BMW and Ford leaving.

Links for more on the race-

wec's website
wec's live timing
alkamel system's results
Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3924874)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Everyone who is going, have a top time.

For those going there is a Who’s going thread here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...60#post3924760
Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3924875)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the race thread TF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Since there's no race thread yet, just gonna post here that the #1 Rebellion led the two Toyotas in first practice. They set a 1:38.8 to go .4xx seconds clear of Nakajima in the #8. This time is also 1.1 seconds better than the ultimate best in the same session last year (from the #7 Toyota) and about 1.4 seconds better than their own best time from 2018's fp1. You could chalk it up to the resurface of the track but there's definitely big improvement from Rebellion from a little over a year ago.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3924876)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lol Toyota Press Release

Defending champions TOYOTA GAZOO Racing got the new 2019-2020 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) season underway with the first practice sessions for the 4 Hours of Silverstone today.

The fastest non-hybrid, the #1 Rebellion, was 1.029secs away from Kamui’s lap as all competitors adjusted to a revised Equivalence of Technology, which sees the TS050 HYBRID now carrying at least 99kg of additional weight compared to its competitors, who also benefit from at least 50% more fuel per lap.

"We're fastest, but it's reallllly unfair guys".
Old 30 Aug 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3924884)   #5
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
lol Toyota Press Release

Defending champions TOYOTA GAZOO Racing got the new 2019-2020 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) season underway with the first practice sessions for the 4 Hours of Silverstone today.

The fastest non-hybrid, the #1 Rebellion, was 1.029secs away from Kamui’s lap as all competitors adjusted to a revised Equivalence of Technology, which sees the TS050 HYBRID now carrying at least 99kg of additional weight compared to its competitors, who also benefit from at least 50% more fuel per lap.

"We're fastest, but it's reallllly unfair guys".
I'll hold off on who's fastest yet. Looking at the timing results, Toyota's did their best on 1-lap flyers, Rebellion's did their best at the end of an 7 and 6 lap stint for the #1 and #3 respectively. Who knows, but I expect it to be closer than what FP2 showed on ultimate times. The long runs look pretty even with times between 1:38's-1:42's for both teams. Ginetta is about a second off the pace.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3924885)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Times dropped a lot between the first and second practices. THe Ginetta even found a second. Was expected the to be a bit closer in pace, but I guess the car is still new to the team and the majority of the drivers.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3924886)   #7
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time post on here!!

Had to visit Silverstone to see the last hurrah for these cars in the UK, the speed through the Becketts complex was staggering, to me the Rebellion looked super quick through there, Toyota as too but probly carrying 20mph more speed so needed a lift! Ginetta did few laps, in and out a lot it seemed.

Track looked great, and awesome they opened a bit of the Wing up to allow fans over the pit area, a really good idea.

Only poor show was despite a thousand folk there, the WEC "fan" show thing was all closed, that was rather poor in my view.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3924892)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Welcome to the forum.

What were the other classes like? Close as usual in GTE?
Old 31 Aug 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3924944)   #9
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quali---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMJYk-7FOQ

I almost forgot it was happening.

Whooops, that was ELMS quali .... sorrry.

Last edited by Maelochs; 31 Aug 2019 at 10:40.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3924949)   #10
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Allow me to introduce myself.

I'll be honest - I like the new graphics. A bit much at times (the elements generally could be reduced in size by ~15% to no real detriment) but the arrangement is fine.

Edit - Okay, the progress bar for the session needs to go - I can tell the time. But that's the only rankle I have so far.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3924950)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also like the new interface. The progress to the next sector is good if you don't know where the sectors are. That's a nice step up. Very modern.

Whoever did those needs to go redo the website and app.

Speaking of which, I hope that Chrome addon still gives us good Live Timing.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3924961)   #12
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
ELMS Race is on the good live timing system again.

https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/elms
Old 31 Aug 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3924963)   #13
TF110
Veteran

United States
Good qualifying session all around. I of course focus mostly on lmp1 and the gaps look good to me. I know that the Toyotas swept the front row but the Rebellion's are right with them. In fact they're only a tenth off but they didn't hook up all the best sectors in qualifying. If they did, they would be at a 1:36.0 which is equal to the #8 Toyota and only .1 behind the pole #7. Sector 2 they are incredibly fast. I think we're on for a good race up front.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3924964)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Qualifying was good and I think the opening 5 laps will be REALLY close. I expect the gaps will increase when traffic and pit stops come around.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3924992)   #15
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
ELMS Race is on the good live timing system again.

https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/elms
Unfortunately not WEC. Official live timing is pretty poor.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3924995)   #16
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Unfortunately not WEC. Official live timing is pretty poor.
If you use Google Chrome then go here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dkcgcbigegbcjc

Then try to load the official live timing. It should auto switch to the nice live timing. If not, there should be a button in the top right.

It isn't quite as good as Timing71, but it's still very very good.
Old 31 Aug 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3925011)   #17
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Then try to load the official live timing. It should auto switch to the nice live timing. If not, there should be a button in the top right.

Awesome! This looks ten times better than what you can get loading https://www.fiawec.com/en/live as it is.
I will be trying tomorrow for sure. Thanks!
Old 31 Aug 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3925040)   #18
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Is it working for the weekend so far? I know it was good for prologue, hoping the don't find a way to block it for the season.

Also, finding it difficult to get excited for this one. Really want to, but a 4 hour Sunday morning race...that's elms watch while I'm getting ready territory. Wonder if Toyota will win?
Old 1 Sep 2019, 01:00 (Ref:3925061)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Is it working for the weekend so far? I know it was good for prologue, hoping the don't find a way to block it for the season.

Also, finding it difficult to get excited for this one. Really want to, but a 4 hour Sunday morning race...that's elms watch while I'm getting ready territory. Wonder if Toyota will win?
I don't know, maybe they will win it this year (they were dq'd last year).
Old 1 Sep 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3925086)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The WEC app was hopeless for us during qually, taking forever to update.... The ELMS timing was way better and much easier to read.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3925098)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post

I agree with your excitement levels.

The timing should work. My understanding of the technical side of it is just that it's pulling additional data from the timing data stream and displaying it on a new layer on the website. Basically - all the data is in the timing stream. WEC just doesn't use it. Hopefully it continues to work today.

The WEC app is indeed, garbage. The website is also garbage. The ELMS timing works, but once again it lacks the data required to follow an endurance race properly.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3925100)   #22
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Poor crowd here. Becketts is closed, as is half of Club. Stands all along start/finish straight all open though, so publicity shots can show busy stands even if the rest of the circuit is a ghost town.

Frankly I’m almost wishing they hadn’t bothered.

Ginettas are great though. 🙄
Old 1 Sep 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3925106)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Just wait, it'll be 55,000 soon!
Old 1 Sep 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3925107)   #24
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just wait, it'll be 55,000 soon!
That’s always been the weekend attendance claim and might still reach that because the Sat crowd was bigger than I recall from previous years. It seems quite a few made the same judgment as some on this forum that Sat was where the vfm was.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3925108)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
For those with live timing: The Chrome addon appears to work. Data loads with blank times at the moment.