Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Aug 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3992406)   #151
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Cars are restricted to team personnel and drivers only as are the garages. Dishing out and collecting cameras would risk contamination.
Every other championship I watch which usually have onboards have had onboards. No reason for this to be any different.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3992423)   #152
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Every other championship I watch which usually have onboards have had onboards. No reason for this to be any different.
There's race team personnel, TOCA personnel, marshalls, tyre personnel and camera crews, engine personnel, TOCA have restricted the numbers to reduce the risk. Other championships may well not have anything like the level of personnel that is required for a BTCC meeting.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 16:14 (Ref:3992429)   #153
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
I'm pretty sure the likes of F1, Indycar, NASCAR, Aussie Supercars etc. require all of those types of personnel too and they manage OK.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3992453)   #154
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Sutton is still average, and he was only good due to that Subaru cheat car?

Discuss.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3992459)   #155
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
When has anyone capable of thinking ever claimed that? There's never been any question about Sutton's ability. Absolutely destroyed Moffat today.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:02 (Ref:3992460)   #156
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok, so about Sutton being stupid to move to an Infiniti...? Not sure Moffat even scored a point today in comparison?

Pleased for Smiley and Excelr8 too, well deserved. Smiley I think is one of the most underrated drivers on the grid.

Team HARD going as well as predicted, at least Hamilton managed to finish this one... Feel so bad for Jack Goff.

One thing today proved is that we absolutely do not need the silly option tyre, plenty of overtaking and action
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:02 (Ref:3992461)   #157
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post

Discuss.
Always been a class act. Making his teammate look very average. How long before captain Bob pulls on the anchors?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3992462)   #158
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post

Discuss.

If they peg the Infiniti back, where will Moffat be on the grid...
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3992464)   #159
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton is a top class driver, no matter about that, and entertaining to watch as he always gives 100%, which not always ends up well but he didn't win the title by stroke of luck and I hope he'll be in the championship conversation till the end of this year. Infiniti seems really quick, strangely, again it's only Sutton who's on top of it. Moffat was nowhere.

And other new cars did very well, too. Motorbase have finally a very good car it seems, in Butcher's hands it should take some wins. IMO they need a stronger driver lineup. If it wasn't only about cash Jackson could be the third driver and in a second I'd see someone much stronger. And Hyundais also seem pretty fast, that's good to see.

And, which may seem strange for some, it was not Neate who was twice in gravel...
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3992470)   #160
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Concerns for me were Chilton, Neal and even Ingram who weren't quite as far up as we may have expected. I know Ingram just missed out on a podium but I expected him to be in the hunt for wins today.

Cammish seemed a bit anonymous after R1 in my opinion, I think it'll be Sutton VS Turks for the title again.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3992484)   #161
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
There isn't a cameraman there. That camera is being remote controlled.
Thanks for the clarification. Utterly pointless mask propaganda then. I'm not aware that cameras have respiratory systems to transfer the lurgy into.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3992491)   #162
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My BTCC take aways today:

Sutton is a real contender. His gift was never in doubt, but I'm impressed with how well fettled the Laser boys have made the car. Give Aidan wheel time and he'll improve.

Smiley in the Hyundai in the last race - that was by far the young man's best BTCC performance. Another surprisingly good car considering the limited running.

Andy Neate managed to keep himself to himself and caused no problems I'm aware of. I think he has matured as a race car driver.

Nic H - will he see the season through is the only question I'm going to ask. Rokit dumped Williams F1 because of "poor performance". They kind of have to know Nic is making the numbers up, so hopefully will not pull the rug out. He tries very hard, and I respect him for that.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3992496)   #163
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the likes of F1, Indycar, NASCAR, Aussie Supercars etc. require all of those types of personnel too and they manage OK.
But do they have a support package like TOCA? At the end of the day, TOCA have decided they are non essential personnel to have in the pit lane or paddocks and certainly not essential to the race coverage.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3992502)   #164
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed ash Sutton kept mentions no bmr engineering in relation to the car. What type of input does bmr have to do with that car?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3992510)   #165
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All of those championships are testing everyone and requiring them to be negative before they are allowed into the circuit.

TOCA is not testing anyone. Not even temperature checks.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3992522)   #166
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Utterly pointless mask propaganda then. I'm not aware that cameras have respiratory systems to transfer the lurgy into.
All team members have to wear masks when indoors, i.e. in garages and in the trucks. Interview camera had been set up in a spare garage; it's indoors therefore a mask has to be worn.

There may not have been a cameraman but there were other drivers there.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3992533)   #167
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
already missing Jordan

Neal seemed resigned being no 2 driver

Sutton may win the title unless pegged back
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3992552)   #168
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
All team members have to wear masks when indoors, i.e. in garages and in the trucks. Interview camera had been set up in a spare garage; it's indoors therefore a mask has to be worn.

There may not have been a cameraman but there were other drivers there.
Seems a bit of an odd rule to have to wear a mask in a garage that has two open walls to the outside when giving an interview where there is clearly no-one who has to be within 2m.

They were all constantly touching and adjusting their masks which can't be good unless they're immediately washing/sanitising their hands after coming off camera.

Mind you there are so many contradictions in this whole situation at the moment I've given up trying to keep track of it all. I just do what I think is sensible.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3992575)   #169
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Seems a bit of an odd rule to have to wear a mask in a garage that has two open walls to the outside when giving an interview where there is clearly no-one who has to be within 2m.
There were occasionally shadows on the background so you could tell that there were other people in the general area, even if they weren't within 2m when the driver was on camera.

I'm sure if they weren't wearing a mask there would be complaint here asking why not. Damned whatever they do.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:31 (Ref:3992579)   #170
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did it hurt anyone to wear a mask? - no.
Did it help minimise the risk? - even if it brought it down by 0.00000000001%, it did.
Did it increase the risk? - no.

So why worry about it?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3992580)   #171
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV presenters said they were in a ‘bubble’ and not about the paddock except for their compound.

Then Tim Harvey said he had a look around the new Focus ST yesterday.??

I think with a lot of things surrounding Covid a lot of regulations are simply box ticking exercises. Really surprised TOCA isn’t testing though.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3992581)   #172
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Did it hurt anyone to wear a mask? - no.
Did it help minimise the risk? - even if it brought it down by 0.00000000001%, it did.
Did it increase the risk? - no.

So why worry about it?
Touching/ adjusting the mask brings hands into contact with face, so yes, there is a distinct possibility of risk increase.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3992583)   #173
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Touching/ adjusting the mask brings hands into contact with face, so yes, there is a distinct possibility of risk increase.
We clearly saw the drivers using sanitizer stations, which mitigated that risk.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3992586)   #174
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok so should we demand the championship is shutdown? You wanna sign my petition?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3992589)   #175
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Ok so should we demand the championship is shutdown? You wanna sign my petition?
so close now the championship ? declare Colin Turkington the 2020 champion as he leads the standings ?