Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2001, 04:53 (Ref:67992)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that was a pretty good one, some surprises, some good performances and thankfully JV seems to be oay.

MS drove his typically brilliant and dominating race-its getting dull.

DC found his pace a toward the end.

Cheers to the Sauber Boys, Nick and Kimi-Heidfeld shows his real pace and did a great job to hold off HHF and Raikkonen has shown he deserves to be there.

There's lots to talk about, but I want to see the podium celebration.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 04:59 (Ref:67993)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it seems I was too hasty- given the sober Podium celebration, we can only expect the worst from the accident. This is a frightening thought, let's hope its not a repeat of Monza last fall.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:03 (Ref:67995)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pretty boring podium celebrations. Understandably, they all looked pretty tired.

Anyway, I am a little disapointed with the end result, but happy for DC and Panis.

I am just glad that no pilots were injured. There have been a lot of big accidents at this track over the years.

I just hope the photographer that was injured is alright.

Last edited by Jay; 4 Mar 2001 at 05:04.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:09 (Ref:67998)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No champagne ! That's sure bad news...
The saddest of all. Second to brazilian commentator, Bernie has made a deal with the press, to avoid showing scenes or commenting about any injuries or bad news during the race.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:11 (Ref:67999)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, the track marshall has died, struck by a wheel from the of Villeneuve's BAR. All this just five races after Paulo Ghislimberti died at Monza last year.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:12 (Ref:68000)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Yeah, well it seems that it was pretty bad. Given the proximity of the marshals to the track at that corner, I'm not surprised that some one got hit by debris in that viscious accident. JV hit the wall pretty hard, I'm sure his back is sore. I'm amazed the engine didn't break free from the chassis.

It does raise the question that in these situations that the race should be stopped. Having the field trundling around for six -seven laps while Medical staff are working on a injuredMArshall just doesn't seem right to me.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:15 (Ref:68002)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
That is sad news. I have to admit that I didn't even notice that there was no champagne.

Racing is a dangerous sport and all of those involved acknowledge this danger, yet they all continue to do it because it is something they enjoy. I must say I would too. Unfortunately it is yet another sad day in motorsport.

Last edited by Jay; 4 Mar 2001 at 05:18.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:17 (Ref:68003)   #8
Sparky
Veteran

Forgive me Jay - I'm not speculating, it was just reported on ITV. Craig Pollock was interviewed about the unfortunate death of the Marshall involving debris from the BAR crash.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:20 (Ref:68004)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Sorry Sparky, we are replying so fast, that I didn't even see your reply before I entered mine. I edited my previous one.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:35 (Ref:68009)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Sorry, I've posted this as a new thread.

Sorry

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 4 Mar 2001 at 05:40.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 05:41 (Ref:68013)   #11
Sparky
Veteran

Don't worry guys. I should have started a new thread, but I was in shock. I still can't believe it...