Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2019 VASC Series Winning Driver?
#2 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - Scott Pye 0 0%
#3 Rabble Club, KR Nissan - Garry Jacobson 0 0%
#5 The Bottle O, Tickford Ford - Lee Holdsworth 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy, Tickford Ford - Cam Waters 0 0%
#7 Kelly Racing, KR Nissan - Andre Heimgartner 0 0%
#8 Brad Jones Racing, BJR Holden - Nick Percat 0 0%
#9 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - David Reynolds 9 23.08%
#12 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Fabian Coulthard 0 0%
#14 Freightliner, BJR Holden - Tim Slade 0 0%
#15 Castrol Racing, KR Nissan - Rick Kelly 0 0%
#17 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Scott McLaughlin 17 43.59%
#18 Irwin Racing, Chasports Holden - Mark Winterbottom 1 2.56%
#19 Truck Assist, Tekno Holden - Jack Le Brocq 0 0%
#21 Cooldrive Auto Parts, BJR Holden - Macauley Jones 0 0%
#22 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - James Courtney 0 0%
#23 Milwaukee Racing, 23Red Ford - Will Davison 0 0%
#33 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - Richie Stanaway 0 0%
#34 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - James Golding 1 2.56%
#35 Optus Racing, MSR Holden - Todd Hazelwood 0 0%
#55 SuperCheap Auto, Tickford Ford - Chaz Mostert 2 5.13%
#78 Harvey Norman, KR Nissan - Simona De Silvestro 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Jamie Whincup 2 5.13%
#97 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Shane Van Gisbergen 7 17.95%
#99 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - Anton de Pasquale 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 May 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3902897)   #1651
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Mr Gow and Mr Crompton as his managers, he could get a drive anywhere.

However, he's happy doing what he's doing. Hell, he hasn't even dabbled in GT3 like many of his peers.
Old 10 May 2019, 06:26 (Ref:3902900)   #1652
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to have concentrated less on driving and more on taking selfies for Instagram IMO.
Old 10 May 2019, 06:30 (Ref:3902901)   #1653
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Munday clarifies that Will is locked in for another year at Milwaukee

Has someone been inquiring about Will's contract for next year?
Old 10 May 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3902915)   #1654
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose it helps leverage sponsors going forward.
Old 10 May 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3902944)   #1655
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Time for a complete shake of the tree at Clayton, drivers and all.

I'm not a fan of JC, have never been, mainly through lack of interest in what he was doing O/S. But since he's come into the category, he didn't get anywhere with SBR, managed to string something at DJR with a T8 chassis, then Clayton thought they could buy their way to another championship with him coming over. Obviously hasn't happened, not going to happen. Some guys just need to realise it's time to walk away.
The only team that truly advanced his position in Supercars, and he couldn't get out of there quickly enough.

Hopefully he's kicking himself now.
Old 10 May 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3902946)   #1656
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
The only team that truly advanced his position in Supercars, and he couldn't get out of there quickly enough.

Hopefully he's kicking himself now.
He couldn't wait to get out of there because there was nothing left at the end of the year. It is a miracle DJR limped on long enough for RP to come knocking.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3902948)   #1657
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
He couldn't wait to get out of there because there was nothing left at the end of the year. It is a miracle DJR limped on long enough for RP to come knocking.

Lol.

He'd likely be running for his 3rd or 4th championship by now, if he wasn't so precious, and had endured some hard yards.

Now he's just another washed-up coulda/woulda/shoulda sitting out his days in the decaying remnants of HRT.
Old 10 May 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3902974)   #1658
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
He'd likely be running for his 3rd or 4th championship by now, if he wasn't so precious, and had endured some hard yards.
DJR placed 9th in the teams championship in 2011, second last of all the 2 car teams.
DJR were a glorious 13th in the 2012 series, and James Courtney scored a full 25% more points than single car Team DJR for the season.
2013 saw a LEAP up the championship standings to 8th.
2014 DJR was 10th in the standings as a 2 car team, and was beaten in championship points by a single car, Shane Van Gisbergen driving for Tekno.

You are deluded if you think Courtney would have won some championships by staying at DJR after the end of 2010. DJR was a shambles, and only survived by being a Prodrive satellite team with driver & engineer supplied.
Old 10 May 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3902980)   #1659
Umai Naa
Veteran

Here we go again
Old 10 May 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3902983)   #1660
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Here we go again

Indeed; It doesn't matter how much it can be superficially spun, the reality is DJR statistically are majority winners: 1980 - 2019.
Old 11 May 2019, 00:59 (Ref:3903091)   #1661
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DJR placed 9th in the teams championship in 2011, second last of all the 2 car teams.
DJR were a glorious 13th in the 2012 series, and James Courtney scored a full 25% more points than single car Team DJR for the season.
2013 saw a LEAP up the championship standings to 8th.
2014 DJR was 10th in the standings as a 2 car team, and was beaten in championship points by a single car, Shane Van Gisbergen driving for Tekno.

You are deluded if you think Courtney would have won some championships by staying at DJR after the end of 2010. DJR was a shambles, and only survived by being a Prodrive satellite team with driver & engineer supplied.
THIS EXACTLY
Old 12 May 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3903273)   #1662
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

As I recall he followed Adrian Burgess to HRT and that's why he left.
Old 12 May 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3903279)   #1663
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
As I recall he followed Adrian Burgess to HRT and that's why he left.
Burgess went to 888.
Old 13 May 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3903398)   #1664
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Wait, People are willing to pay him (reportedly) large sums of money to drive, and he should just walk away? When there is nothing down the career track that will pay as much as he is (reportedly) getting now?

As long as he is enjoying what he does, and is employed, why should he walk away?

Thats not to say he will be employed...
In this day and age of the old performance clause in the contract, you'd think he'd pull the pin and go look at what else it out there and show off this so called true potential that everyone banged on about when he first turned up.

I almost think that he drives the car, claim it's a dog, the team do everything to make it right, but then forced re-sign him for another term, keeps doing the same thing and somehow is now an easy pay day??

Has it come down to, he's got his name on the championship and couldn't give a stuff??

If you worked somewhere and your employer didn't come to the party for whatever reason, you wouldn't consider moving on somewhere else?? Driving might be a completely different game to a normal 5 day a week job, but at some point you have to ask yourself is it really worth another year, two or three of the same stuff.
Old 13 May 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3903400)   #1665
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In this day and age of the old performance clause in the contract, you'd think he'd pull the pin and go look at what else it out there and show off this so called true potential that everyone banged on about when he first turned up.

I almost think that he drives the car, claim it's a dog, the team do everything to make it right, but then forced re-sign him for another term, keeps doing the same thing and somehow is now an easy pay day??

Has it come down to, he's got his name on the championship and couldn't give a stuff??

If you worked somewhere and your employer didn't come to the party for whatever reason, you wouldn't consider moving on somewhere else?? Driving might be a completely different game to a normal 5 day a week job, but at some point you have to ask yourself is it really worth another year, two or three of the same stuff.
No reason Mr Courtney couldnt secure a new deal before allowing his current one to expire. They are usually fixed term deals, potentially with options on both sides for cessation or extension...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 May 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3903413)   #1666
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Burgess went to 888.
OK, but that's why he left, he had a good relationship with Burgess.
Old 13 May 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3903438)   #1667
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If I worked somewhere on (allegedly) good coin, knowing I only had a few years left, I just might stick around in a poor environment if there weren't any other options available...

Don't forget he has kids on the GC that he is co parenting with the ex.
Old 16 May 2019, 23:36 (Ref:3904240)   #1668
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I worked somewhere on (allegedly) good coin, knowing I only had a few years left, I just might stick around in a poor environment if there weren't any other options available...
You sound like some of the people i work with....me on the other hand, looking at every opportunity to move on before it has further impact on my mental health...

Quote:
Don't forget he has kids on the GC that he is co parenting with the ex.
And so do many other people in this day and age and have the appropriate arrangements in place...
Old 21 Jun 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3913345)   #1669
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larko on Rusty's Garage, well worth a listen
Old 21 Jun 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3913408)   #1670
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Larko on Rusty's Garage, well worth a listen

That was a good ep. Larko knows how to spin a good yarn eh?
Old 26 Jun 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3914247)   #1671
Mixer
Veteran

Given the ongoing issues, sure sounds like Richie Stanaway might be missing the season of endurance, and perhaps that is a good thing.

Not sure I'd want that neck in a bug shunt on the GC, or having to triple-stint at Bathurst (although plenty of time to rest).

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...GxGj0om0ZU9nOE
Old 26 Jun 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3914346)   #1672
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Given the ongoing issues, sure sounds like Richie Stanaway might be missing the season of endurance, and perhaps that is a good thing.
I'm no doctor, but i suspect he won't be in the car for the rest of the year if they're already talking about plans for the rest of year if he's not in the car by the end of next month.

Extremely unfortunate not to get into the season decently, would be even worse if it kills his career as a result...
Old 27 Jun 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3914419)   #1673
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Not sure I'd want that neck in a bug shunt on the GC
Wow! Must be bad if he could damage it in a bug shunt.......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 27 Jun 2019, 22:41 (Ref:3914508)   #1674
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Wow! Must be bad if he could damage it in a bug shunt.......
Well, the driver IS one of our friends from across the Tasman!

The Pukekohe track commentator bellowing out "BUG CRESH" when there'd been a big crash one year is a lasting memory.......
Old 28 Jun 2019, 02:35 (Ref:3914534)   #1675
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well, the driver IS one of our friends from across the Tasman!
And THOSE friends just happen to be 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 15th in the championship this year