Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3858791)   #201
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Where did you hear Stoner is going to replace Jorge? I heard it's Bautista in place of Jorge
Old 24 Oct 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3858813)   #202
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stoner has nothing to do with Ducati anymore, that deal fell apart earlier this year, dont think he has even ridden it much recently. Wasnt at WDW, so I think that is all over.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3858817)   #203
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Seems I was suckered, so false promise, great pity, sorry guys!
Old 4 Nov 2018, 00:58 (Ref:3860843)   #204
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Marquez sets pole, then gets demoted to 7th for irresponsible riding!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2018-motogp...ia-qualifying/

Sounds like politics to me!
Old 4 Nov 2018, 02:54 (Ref:3860888)   #205
wnut
Veteran

Incident which caused Marquez's 6 grid place penalty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVQ3ZrKRRUk
Old 4 Nov 2018, 04:55 (Ref:3860904)   #206
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Seems like a genuine small mistake, the punishment is rather harsh I feel.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3860933)   #207
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Seems like a genuine small mistake, the punishment is rather harsh I feel.
But not the first time he's done it this season, hence the harsher penalty than the first time.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3860980)   #208
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Vali what are you up to !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3861048)   #209
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Vali what are you up to !!
Such a shame. I thought he might get the top step until.....
Old 5 Nov 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3861067)   #210
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Such a shame. I thought he might get the top step until.....
his ambition exceeded his talent!
Old 6 Nov 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3861291)   #211
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
like Stoner in 2008 at Laguna in the last corner??

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3861442)   #212
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
like Stoner in 2008 at Laguna in the last corner??
Stoner sure failed that brake test!
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3861465)   #213
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think everyone at the circuit and in front of a screen including my better half was willing Vali to get the win, he appeared to ask just too much from the rear tyre which was such a shame after setting some absolutely metronomic lap times.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3861466)   #214
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If you asked a selection of people in the UK who Leon Haslam or Jonathan Rea is I wonder how many would know ?
Ask the same question in Spain who Marc Marques is and it will show you just how popular motorcycle racing is love him or loath him he is a national icon
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3861467)   #215
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I think everyone at the circuit and in front of a screen including my better half was willing Vali to get the win, he appeared to ask just too much from the rear tyre which was such a shame after setting some absolutely metronomic lap times.
Totally agree
Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3861578)   #216
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shows the Doctor has still got it, what a shame he made a mistake, but then they were both on the limit, something was bound to give
Old 7 Nov 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3861601)   #217
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shows the Doctor has still got it, what a shame he made a mistake, but then they were both on the limit, something was bound to give
Its good to see racing right on the limit, to me this is exactly what sprint racing should be. Glad he did not get hurt!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3861632)   #218
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Its good to see racing right on the limit, to me this is exactly what sprint racing should be. Glad he did not get hurt!
I second that, all of the front runners fall off from time to time when on (and over) the limit and Marquez does his fair share in qualifying when pushing the boundaries
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3861648)   #219
S griffin
Veteran

You can really see how hard this is racing is just by watching him and others
Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3861872)   #220
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You can really see how hard this is racing is just by watching him and others
Really wish I got the same impression when watching F1 racing.

FIA take note, this is what racing looks like, it is not a regularity trial!
Old 9 Nov 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3861990)   #221
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly. It should be a spectacle, even if the racing isn’t much
Old 17 Nov 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3863836)   #222
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well although the championship is done n dusted this year I think that this last round will be worth a watch, I don't know what's going on in the works Yamaha camp with one at the front and the other several rows back !
One thing is for sure that a Spanish rider will be determined to win their home GP but Marquez is a little bit "detuned" after dislocating his shoulder "again" however you can never count him out with his ragged determination !
Old 17 Nov 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3863837)   #223
S griffin
Veteran

Be good to see Vinales take a win, he’s looking on form this weekend. We’ll see how Lorenzo goes on his return as well
Old 18 Nov 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3863992)   #224
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well I don't know what to say about this race, I thought that it might be another Silverstone and be a non start but it did start and certainly kept me on the edge of my sofa in the warm and dry !
True to form Marquez pushed his luck and failed along with Vinales and so it was left to Rins to take a Spanish win.
I was hoping that Vali might get it but he also ran out of luck like the last GP.
Although it was very difficult it was the same for everyone so Dovi road his usual faultless race and came out on top for a Ducati win.
Good to see KTM on the podium at last !
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3864160)   #225
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a no sense that they restarted the race and all the time distances resetted. They should awarded some points to the first half finishers...

Anyway I did not enjoy this season. I was a huge fan of Moto GP before the start of the Michelin era but now it's all changed. When I see a race, I see riders keeping a steadily pace for more than half of the laps. The real race just last few laps and mostly in the last laps. It seems now a pre edited Dorna show. Seems to me that the tyre management prevailed on the pure agonism. Then I think that these bikes have too much electronics but that's another thing...

Marquez is the deserving champion, he did a really well while the others lose to many points at the start of the season, especially the Ducati duo. Really happy to see Lorenzo out from Ducati, he will struggle next year with the Honda bike. Surely Petrucci is not what Ducati needed but next year will be probably a one-off. I would have liked Zarco, but will be not the case

Horror season for Aprilia, they can't do worst with Iannone and a new bike