Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3795804)   #466
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Yet another right rear puncture! I really hope when Michelin comes on this issue is gone!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:33 (Ref:3795805)   #467
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rr for Wtr

No. One is safe!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3795806)   #468
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
All these right rear punctures are genuinely surprising. For all the problems Conti tires have had over the years, being failure-prone has NOT been one of them.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3795807)   #469
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I know that it's easy to knock on Continental, and I'm not one of their bigger supporters, but could the banking and the fact that this has been a dry race (but with a shower just prior) and the fast pace with hardly any FCYs be aggravating the problem?
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:36 (Ref:3795808)   #470
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't really think the PC's are the issue I think overall people are making wiser decisions.
I think the two are linked. We’ve removed a class full of Am drivers, in cars of a similar pace to GTLM delivered in a very different way. Plus they were easy to stall.

Regardless of whether their absence has given us more green running, I don’t think anybody will be saying that they were the missing ingredient from the race come Sunday evening!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3795809)   #471
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
another right rear puncture.
Cadillac #10 this time.

Didn't lose much time as he was pretty close to the pits anyway
It's like the opposite of the Mazda-effect. The Cadillac finally gets some bad luck like the rest of the field, but it happens close to the pits. Even when things go bad, they're not that bad...

Running order is Cadillac, Nissan, Acura, Acura. That looks beautiful. Plus, it's been almost all green flag running, so it's on pace, not through bunched up fields.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3795810)   #472
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the prototype stints are ridiculously short, just a bit more than 30 minutes. I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3795811)   #473
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think the two are linked. We’ve removed a class full of Am drivers, in cars of a similar pace to GTLM delivered in a very different way. Plus they were easy to stall.

Regardless of whether their absence has given us more green running, I don’t think anybody will be saying that they were the missing ingredient from the race come Sunday evening!
Fair point, I don't miss them for sure.

Previous races when we have had tire failures we always hear that the teams are running outside of recommended pressures or camber. That may be, but if everyone is doing it.....
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3795812)   #474
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rain!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3795813)   #475
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
the prototype stints are ridiculously short, just a bit more than 30 minutes. I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
They mentioned earlier that given your allocation, you have to double stint for 4 or 5 stints.

Rain??
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3795814)   #476
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
They have to, they don't get enough sets to change tires at every stop.

Rain indeed!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3795815)   #477
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uhh rain...?
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3795816)   #478
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They mentioned earlier that given your allocation, you have to double stint for 4 or 5 stints.

Rain??
I heard both this and that teams may be pushing it on pressures and whatnot. I love that they force some double stinting, since the pit stop rules don't provide any tradeoff in that way anymore.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3795817)   #479
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And to think that I was watching the ALMS when Audi R8s were able to go nearly an hour on a tank of fuel, and Tom Kristensen nearly won Mid-Ohio in '02 by milking almost 65 minutes out of a R8 and I just got done the other day watching Laguna Seca in '06 where Allan McNish did nearly 1:30 on a tank of fuel in a R10.

Mind you, those cars had 90 liters or fuel on board and the R10 was a diesel, but I think that 35 minute stints are a bit short.

However, LMP2s and DPIs are supposed to be making about 600bhp (a bit less than the R8 and R10), but that's a lot more than the old Nissan LMP2 V8s (450-480 or so), and more power means that you're burning more fuel.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:44 (Ref:3795818)   #480
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
They have to, they don't get enough sets to change tires at every stop.

Rain indeed!
I said double stints, but I meant many times.

What I think, is they are using the tyres maybe too many times and that cause the failures.