Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Sep 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3135226)   #126
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
The best place to get the Le Mans yearbooks is in the boutique next to the museum in Le Mans! Not very useful if you live in England but they stock everything and the prices are cheaper than anyone online. If you are an ACO member you even get another discount. I can't remember if their stock goes back as far as 1993 but it wouldn't surprise me, they had loads in both French and English versions when I went in this June to pick up last years annual. If your French is up to it, you could always give them a ring as their online shop doesn't reflect their stock at all.

If you can't wait until next year to have a look, this bloke on EBay sells all of the yearbooks. Strangely, he doesn't seem to have many English versions at the moment, he had all of them when I looked earlier this year. You could always contact him.
Thanks Lorenzo S. I've been in there the last couple of years. They did have plenty of annuals on display. Most of the older editions were in French. I'll keep looking - will make it all the sweeter when I finally get it!
Old 13 Sep 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3135526)   #127
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funnily enough, I never managed to get a good copy of the 1993 yearbook. It arrived without the dust jacket and a slightly damaged cover. Even though the OCD perfectionist in me is horrified by the state of it now, at the time I never even thought about sending it back. What bugs me more though is not being able to get the 1994 volume in English
Old 13 Sep 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3135539)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
Funnily enough, I never managed to get a good copy of the 1993 yearbook. It arrived without the dust jacket and a slightly damaged cover. Even though the OCD perfectionist in me is horrified by the state of it now, at the time I never even thought about sending it back. What bugs me more though is not being able to get the 1994 volume in English
Yeah it's true about '94. I had them all up from '95 and made the decision to snap it up. You can get the gist so it's not too bad.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3135853)   #129
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I have all the 'difficult' English versions, including 93, 94 and 95. Now looking for the rather impossible french only copies of 83, 85 and 86, but I do not want to pay 300 euros or more for one single book! Hope to find one at a garage sale or something like that with a seller who doesn't know the value and wants to sell them for 5 euros each!

It's good to dream!

But I fear my collection will be missing 3 books for ever!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3136896)   #130
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Don't make up fairy tales Vincent! 1994 in English doesn't even exist! Got a bit carried away, but after checking my bookcase I saw it being French of course. The 93 and 95 are still in English, luckily!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3136916)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Don't make up fairy tales Vincent! 1994 in English doesn't even exist! Got a bit carried away, but after checking my bookcase I saw it being French of course. The 93 and 95 are still in English, luckily!
Haha somewhere in the armchair section there is a huge civil war where a forumer claimed he had an English version of one of the French editions.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3136944)   #132
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nice collection Ayse.

I just calmed my itchy Le Mans purchase finger by picking up one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-93...ht_2474wt_1271

Might just be the best thing I've ever bought!

Still looking for an elusive English language '93 annual at a semi-reasonable price.
Great piece !
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3137380)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Haha somewhere in the armchair section there is a huge civil war where a forumer claimed he had an English version of one of the French editions.
In all seriousness, this is NOT a subject to re-open. Re-read the old thread(s) by all means but I'm not going to let it rise up all over again. Turned me grey that episode - back in the day when I had hair to turn grey....... (Note the absence of smilies.....).
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3137383)   #134
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
No worries!
After seeing my 94 copy being French, this subject was closed for me! Only wanted to clearify matters here!
Old 17 Sep 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3137415)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And t'is done Vince......
Old 6 Dec 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3340960)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Any ideas who might have used this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-Mans-24...item4179dcfe14
Old 6 Dec 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3340970)   #137
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, the seller is not lying! The sign is indeed a bit tatty!

But this car sprung to mind when I saw the colours of the sign;

Old 6 Dec 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3340975)   #138
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not likely as it's a bit tatty. Car only lasted 2 laps before Nige stuffed it!
Old 6 Dec 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3340981)   #139
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I know, but who knows what happened with it in the past few years?

But looking at the state of the red tape on the sign, this might be a better contender:

Old 7 Dec 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3341295)   #140
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I know, but who knows what happened with it in the past few years?

But looking at the state of the red tape on the sign, this might be a better contender:

The helmet on the side says it is older then the Mansell's car
Old 8 Dec 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3341539)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
The helmet on the side says it is older then the Mansell's car

Is that a helmet? It may not go with the board, of course. Just as I suspect the lady on the left wasn't the mascot on the front of the car.....
Old 11 Dec 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3342836)   #142
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only a tenner for a pit board?
Old 11 Dec 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3342846)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just bought 11 copies of the ACO's Information Presse - the guide issued to the media each year (until 2010). I've already got quite a few, but now I'll have 1986 through to 2010......
Old 11 Dec 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3342866)   #144
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've just bought 11 copies of the ACO's Information Presse - the guide issued to the media each year (until 2010). I've already got quite a few, but now I'll have 1986 through to 2010......
Your a mad collector Ayse (and that is meant in every good way possible )
Old 14 Dec 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3344092)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I haven't collected all that much really. A few bits and bobs here and there.....
Old 8 Jan 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3351772)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Surely someone would have this for a tenner? I have an older version otherwise I'd buy it myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-mans-bo...item46186c4595
Old 8 Jan 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3351791)   #147
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dammit, listing is ended!
Old 9 Jan 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3351911)   #148
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Dammit, listing is ended!
Seeing that it didn't sell, you could always send a message to the seller. Worked for me a couple of times.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3351931)   #149
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Definitely worth a try!
Old 10 Jan 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3352615)   #150
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Surely someone would have this for a tenner? I have an older version otherwise I'd buy it myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-mans-bo...item46186c4595
Is the game actually any good or is the primary appeal to it that it's another thing with "Le Mans" written on it that can be stuck on a shelf?