Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Jul 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2736235)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2011 US Rallycross Championship Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Stage
Rally America re-brands to RallyCar

Side-by-side dirt racing action, big jumps and some of the best off-road drivers in the world will come to America in 2011 for an exciting new national championship series: RallyCar Rallycross.

Organizers are planning a 2011 Rallycross national championship series that includes six events at racetracks across the country. The sport will debut in America on Saturday at X Games, under the name SuperRally, with three initial events held later this year at the New Jersey Motorsports Park.

Top drivers including Subaru Rally Team USA competitors Travis Pastrana and Dave Mirra, as well as drift and rally stars Tanner Foust, Samuel Hübinette and Andrew “ACP” Comrie-Picard are set to compete in Rallycross.

The action-sport of auto racing, Rallycross is a blend of circuit racing, off-road racing and rally competition. Debuting at X Games under the name SuperRally, the sport promises intense crowd-pleasing action in a fan-friendly track environment. Five drivers line up to start at once, piloting high-horsepower compact cars through race traffic over a challenging short course that features jumps, unbanked turns, hills and transitions between pavement and gravel.

“It’s an incredibly challenging and aggressive sport,” said driver Foust, who has been competing in European championship events this season. “The action is non-stop and the fans can’t get enough of it.”

Fans get close to the action with trackside viewing of aggressive door-to-door action and the sliding and jumping that makes rally car events unique among motorsport.

In conjunction with the new series, Rally America is also rebranding to RallyCar. The new identity for the organization reflects its increased scope as the premier sanctioning body for rally car racing events in the United States. In addition to the introduction of the Rallycross events, the organization will continue to sanction its traditional stage rally series in 2011 where the Rally America name will continue.

“We’re expanding as an organization and we wanted to make a change that reflects our commitment to rally car events in 2011,” said RallyCar president JB Niday. “The introduction of Super Rally presents a perfect opportunity for us to change our name to reflect what we’re about: racing rally car – whether that’s on endurance-based Special Stage courses, or through the new Rallycross short-course format.”

It is expected there will be two classes of cars in this initial year of Rallycross competition. The faster, all-wheel-drive cars will resemble those used in current Rally America competition including the all-wheel drive Subarus used by four-time American rally champion Pastrana and BMX legend Mirra, and the Ford Fiesta cars piloted at X Games in 2010 by Foust, Indy 500 winner Kenny Brack, motocross and short-course off- road driver Brian Deegan and gymkhana star Ken Block.

The second category of Rallycross cars will be two-wheel-drive and include various body styles from manufacturers such as Dodge and Honda boasting 450+ horsepower, highly modified engines and rally-style suspension.

Both categories include vehicles currently being used in the Rally America National Rally Championship.

Original article can be found at:

http://www.specialstage.com/2010/07/...s-to-rallycar/

Another rallycross championship to tune into - be interested to see how this weekends X-Games (and the test events later this year) work out.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2736336)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
RallyCar... I guess that the main race will be called Rally 500 and there will be a Rally Lights... :P
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2736353)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
RallyCar... I guess that the main race will be called Rally 500 and there will be a Rally Lights... :P
Old 25 Aug 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2749975)   #4
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.rallycross.de/preview/10/...01entries.html

A Paddy doing RX in America…

Anyone in the know what model (Mk?) Furey’s Golf is?
Old 25 Aug 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2750016)   #5
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mk2, as it's according to the RA entrylist, a 1987 one... it isn't entried as a GTI either, it just says... 1987 Volkswagen Golf (weird, for those US-guys the year seams to be much more important, then what's onder the hood...)
Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2750615)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Now a proper link.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2750783)   #7
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any ideas where i can find this live on the net this weekend? Dont get ESPN2 in the uk and i dont think its gonna be on our ESPN or ESPN America!
Old 22 Sep 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2763104)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Rhys Millen with Hyundai.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2763136)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Rhys Millen with Hyundai.
Was reading about this earlier. Full story can be found by clicking here:

http://www.rally-america.com/news/778/

It remains to be seen how good the car will be (I'm sceptical of how successful an adapted rally car will be), but the interest and financial backing of another major manufacturer has got to be a good thing for US rallycross.

With the two remaning NJMP rounds hopefully the drivers, teams and organisers can get their fine tuning done, so next years first full season will be a good one!
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2763145)   #10
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any European interest yet?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2763158)   #11
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
It remains to be seen how good the car will be (I'm sceptical of how successful an adapted rally car will be), but the interest and financial backing of another major manufacturer has got to be a good thing for US rallycross.
This is the US Rallycross Championship, not the ERC. In the first round Foust (OMSE Fiesta Mk7) and Lagemann (OMSE Fiesta Mk6) where driving the only true RX cars. Foust eventually won, but Pastrana – in an adapted Rally car! – was very quick and started the A final from pole, after setting a fastest and a second fastest qualifying time.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2763159)   #12
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
I was thinking something... where are those two Yokohame Team Europe Accent's? Last time they were driven i think, was in 2007 by Bjoorn and Radstrom (the latter giving some spectacle in Momarken, I think)...

I assume one of them has been used by Jansson to build his i30, but were is the other one? Someone who has any whereabouts? or saw them dissappear on a boat across the ocean??
Old 22 Sep 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2763162)   #13
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdesign View Post
I was thinking something... where are those two Yokohame Team Europe Accent's? Last time they were driven i think, was in 2007 by Bjoorn and Radstrom (the latter giving some spectacle in Momarken, I think)...

I assume one of them has been used by Jansson to build his i30, but were is the other one? Someone who has any whereabouts? or saw them dissappear on a boat across the ocean??
After reading the specs of Millen's Accent, and those of the ERC Accents, there are some co-incidences...

both cars are built in 2002, gears are both XTrac, and Millen's suspension is proflex, altough it rather is an exotic brand in the US...

i rather think Millen is using a real rallycross car...

http://rallycross.com/sales_db/viewo...d=57&lang_id=0
http://www.erc24.com/?Show=News&c=0&ID=1672
Old 22 Sep 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2763185)   #14
6secondcar
Rookie

6secondcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Original article can be found at:

http://www.specialstage.com/2010/07/...s-to-rallycar/ hid kits

Another rallycross championship to tune into - be interested to see how this weekends X-Games (and the test events later this year) work out.

Thanks for the link. You know of a place where I can go to watch certain events from them?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2763193)   #15
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...ent-WRC-3.html

I would be very surprised if one of the two Swedish RX Accents went to the USA. The WRC Accents had Xtrac stuff anyway. AFAIK the RX Accents were kept to build i30s. The i30 is in the "List of cars not homologated with the FIA but eligible in D1, D1A and D2" since April 2008 and I understood that Thomas Rådström was keen to develope one with the aid of Martin Schanche, but fell apart with his main sponsor Olsbergs.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2763197)   #16
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6secondcar View Post
Thanks for the link. You know of a place where I can go to watch certain events from them?
http://www.rally-america.com/

They do two more 2010 RX events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
For 2011 they have planed a series of six events all over the US.

Have a look here http://www.rallycross.de/ and scroll down to "Rallycross comes to America".
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2763467)   #17
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
http://www.rally-america.com/events/...MPRC2/entries/

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7896222_n.jpg

Liam’s KHM C4 at airport for flying over the pond...
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2763493)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
This is the US Rallycross Championship, not the ERC. In the first round Foust (OMSE Fiesta Mk7) and Lagemann (OMSE Fiesta Mk6) where driving the only true RX cars. Foust eventually won, but Pastrana – in an adapted Rally car! – was very quick and started the A final from pole, after setting a fastest and a second fastest qualifying time.
Yeah, thats a fair point in that the US series is just getting established, so the majority of the cars are less focused for rallycross.

I could be mistaken but, at this stage, I'm pretty sure the Impreza's used by Pastrana (and Mirra) were way beyond rally (America) spec. I'm sure both cars were ripped apart and rebuilt from the shell up for X-Games? (Not that it made much difference for Isachsen!).

Looking at the rest of the cars involved with the first NJMP round though, everything that was based on rally spec cars was struggling to keep up. Having said that, the remainder of the field were privateer entries rather then factory backed - and I assume Millen will be there with the financial backing of Hyundai - so hopefully they will be able to make the Accent competitive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
Liam’s KHM C4 at airport for flying over the pond...
Very interesting find! I assume that will be over in time for next weekends rallycross? I reckon he could give Foust a serious run for his money!
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2763498)   #19
view2
Rookie

view2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take Liam doran is taken part then .
Any other drivers confirmed from Europe yet ?
Old 23 Sep 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2763505)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by view2 View Post
Any other drivers confirmed from Europe yet ?
Jussi Pinomäki is on the bottom of the entry list as well!

(The link for the entry list is in rx-guru's last post )
Old 23 Sep 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2763539)   #21
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Gasp! A Citroen in the USA! At least now it's not going to be Impreza's, Evo's, Fiesta MK7's and Focus MK1's. Now could someone send over a few MK2 Focuses, 206's and maybe an MG?

I think Rallycross might becoming a bit more global.