Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jan 2021, 02:30 (Ref:4031959)   #451
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Tested in an Australian court? If not, then irrelevant.
Not necessarily.

Definitions of*persuasive precedent. a past decision in a legal case that does not have to be followed in future similar cases, but which may help a judge reach a decision.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jan 2021, 05:46 (Ref:4031968)   #452
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Mazepin took the administrators of Force India to court over just such a thing, his belief that he had offered more for the team than the selected winner, the Stroll consortium... it’s been tested before...
Did that not get thrown out of court ? Something to do with Stroll's overall package was better for 'the business' to continue with minimal pain to employees and promised future investment being the bottom line.

I do seem to recall Mazepin saying he would still pursue it further.

Im only talking from memory here so happy to be corrected.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4031969)   #453
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think also a consortium looking for a take over is a whole lot different than a straight forward naming rights deal....

Old 30 Jan 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4031972)   #454
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think also a consortium looking for a take over is a whole lot different than a straight forward naming rights deal....

Of course if your naming rights deal involved Mission Winnow or Rich Energy accepting their higher offer would not be in the shareholder interest.

The dollar value of a transaction is just one part of a broader obligation.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4031973)   #455
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
The dollar value of a transaction is just one part of a broader obligation.
Basically what I was trying to say in my recent post but this explains it much better and in simpler terms.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4031974)   #456
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Basically what I was trying to say in my recent post but this explains it much better and in simpler terms.
It is a specious argument when referring to a simple naming rights partner.

If one was The Daily Planet and the other Supercheap, sure.

Supercheap CHOSE not to outbid Repco. I guarantee you they had the right to in their contract.

But after a long sponsorship they chose to exit in a way where it did not look like their choice to end it. It is a master-stroke of misplaced bullshit sympathy.

Old 30 Jan 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4031976)   #457
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Supercheap CHOSE not to outbid Repco. I guarantee you they had the right to in their contract.

But after a long sponsorship they chose to exit in a way where it did not look like their choice to end it. It is a master-stroke of misplaced bullshit sympathy.

I dont disagree in the slightest. Basic PR 101.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4032003)   #458
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

You’d prolly get more bang from your buck with Daily Planet
Old 30 Jan 2021, 21:02 (Ref:4032160)   #459
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Nailed it - right on the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
You’d prolly get more bang from your buck with Daily Planet
Old 1 Feb 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4032763)   #460
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If The Daily Planet offered what Repco allegedly offered, they'd likely be like one of the services that they offer
Old 2 Feb 2021, 05:55 (Ref:4032939)   #461
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pre season testing at qld raceway and winton will now be open to the public with no access to the pits or area behind the garages.
one hellava life
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4033091)   #462
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just reading that Whincup is retiring from a full-time drive. Details from Touring Car Times; they're pretty reliable.

Also a bit more info on Dane stepping down.

All change!
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4033094)   #463
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/02/03...le-eight-boss/
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4033098)   #464
eskymsport
Rookie

eskymsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i found it interesting that speedcafe failed to mention Tony Quinn taking a 40% shareholding in T8, therefore reducing Roland's share to 11%, no longer the 51% controlling shareholder. I thought that was almost bigger news.

Last edited by eskymsport; 2 Feb 2021 at 19:44.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4033100)   #465
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskymsport View Post
i found it interesting that speedcafe failed to mention Tony Quinn taking a 40% shareholding in T8, therefore reducing Roland's share to 11%, no longer the 51% controlling shareholder. I thought that was almost bigger news.
Indeed, yet the TCT piece has the whole shareholding laid out in black and white.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4033108)   #466
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskymsport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Indeed, yet the TCT piece has the whole shareholding laid out in black and white.
Speedcafe has rolled the story out in several parts:

Whincup to retire, take over as 888 Boss

Dane to step down as 888 Boss

Millionaire businessman buys into 888 (about Quinnie)

Who will replace Whincup at 888

Whincup to consider 888 co-drive

Q & A - the future of 888

Far too big a story here in Oz to go into one piece really. In terms of the news size, I guess it would be about as big as Lewis retiring from racing to run the Mercedes F1 team and Toto stepping back would be in the UK.

Deserving of its own thread possibly.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4033110)   #467
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Deserving of its own thread possibly.
I did ponder that, but I didn't want to be a presumptuous Pom
Old 2 Feb 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4033112)   #468
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I did ponder that, but I didn't want to be a presumptuous Pom

That's OK mate, I've done it.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 03:39 (Ref:4033153)   #469
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Just test days so nothing to indicate that's the new norm for season proper.
Multiple teams are running the driver's name on the driver's side, number on the passenger's side window display at Phillip Island like Erebus did last week, appears to be something that is to be implemented, or at least SCA have asked the teams to trial.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 04:03 (Ref:4033156)   #470
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Multiple teams are running the driver's name on the driver's side, number on the passenger's side window display at Phillip Island like Erebus did last week, appears to be something that is to be implemented, or at least SCA have asked the teams to trial.
It's in the regs for this year: https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/new-driv...for-supercars/
Old 3 Feb 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4033163)   #471
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes mate, you are correct.
I saw an article yesterday in auto action that stated drivers names and the car number will both be used on front windscreen and side windows.

EDIT
Sorry, I saw it on V8sleuth site

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/new-driv...for-supercars/

Last edited by ford71; 3 Feb 2021 at 06:11.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4033253)   #472
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's good. Right move. Help identify them better. Look forward to it
Old 4 Feb 2021, 02:19 (Ref:4033349)   #473
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
What about the enduros?

Think I might buy shares in the vinyl manufacturers.

Will need a big windscreen if VanGisbergen and Heimgartner ever end up team-mates...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 4 Feb 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4033364)   #474
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well theres only one enduro race to worry about

Looks like the decision on adding names to windscreens is still to be made.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/02/04...n-windscreens/
Old 11 Feb 2021, 00:52 (Ref:4034602)   #475
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Mr. Adderton been meddling at Tickford?

Quote:
"We've made it clear to James this year that we expect some results."
Engineer Brad Wischusen will move onto the #44. The #44 has also been moved into the same garage as the Cam Waters #6 car.
https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...paign=widget-1