Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jun 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1001293)   #1
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prodrive Vs Corvette

Round One has gone to the Prodrive team, but Corvettes consistancy in qualifying has been very impressive. The big question is which team will be the pace setter in the race. Will Covettes on Michelins be able to set the pace this year or will it be the Prodrive team that leads the way again this year. Both Teams seam to have equally talented driver line ups with 66 and 64 being very closely matched and 63 and 65 not to far behind, the only concern will be McRaes pace.
My Race prediction is 66 followed by 64 on same lap with 63 two laps behind. 65 McRae will McCrash and 69 will Crusie home ten laps down.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1001553)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm going for Enge winning

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jun 2004, 11:03 (Ref:1001597)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too, Dani. With a lot of speed and a bit of luck Prodrive should take the GTS win tommorow!
Old 12 Jun 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1001702)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to here on RLM that GM are in discussions with teams about running the Vettes in Europe!
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1001762)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Prodrive leading 1-2 at the moment.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1001784)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT DISASTER!
ron fellows ran into the tyres by himself?! how does this happen?
oh dreadful,
either the 63 vette team get the stuff cracking for the next 23 hours or they should be road pick extrodinaire for any on coming Ferrari..
would i be a good team mnager or what?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1002467)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Corvette #64 and Ferrari #66 neck and neck - 15 seconds in it, in 6th and 7th overall! Which car can cope with a final half hour sprint to the flag?!

Fellows' #63 Corvette is up in 9th overall!

#65 Ferrari in 13th with Colin at the helm.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1002541)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

Colin has done spectacular- i would like to see him a regular in endurance races he is far better without a codriver to yell at or blame
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1002702)   #9
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well vettes 1 and 2 66 ferrari finished 4th with suspension damage, what a pitty, the vettes have won enough races oh well
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:40 (Ref:1002768)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The vettes now have 3 victories in 4 years. And they deserve it. Another superb 1-2, in the face of a great fight by the Prodrive Ferraris.

Roll on next time!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1002950)   #11
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing what the team did for the cars! #63 wrecks twice! #64 gets hit then had to come in a few laps later cause they apparently were hit again! Just amazing!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 23:34 (Ref:1003011)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

as much as i love the vettes, maybe GM should let them rest... this was a close one.
maybe GM should try to campaign the Cadillac in GTS or the GTO as the 427 like the monaro...
unless Ford come soon with the new GT or a super mustang...
Old 14 Jun 2004, 00:25 (Ref:1003029)   #13
Hauptmann6
Rookie

Hauptmann6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whys that GT? Don't like to see comptition? They are coming out with a new one next year anyway...
Old 14 Jun 2004, 02:47 (Ref:1003075)   #14
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadillac can't, it's four door. Pratt & Miller are already working on a GTO, but for Grand Am. Or so the rumor has it, from information/a release about 4-5 months ago.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 03:27 (Ref:1003091)   #15
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Interesting to here on RLM that GM are in discussions with teams about running the Vettes in Europe!
Who or what is "RLM". Can you tell me more about the Euro Corvette story?

Thanks,
David

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 08:54 (Ref:1003219)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM .. Radio LeMans

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jun 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1003489)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
I wouldn't mind seeing Cadillac running those ace black prototypes again - they sounded nearly as good as the 'vettes a couple of years ago!

Is the C6R due to race next year? I hope so!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1003570)   #18
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Is the C6R due to race next year? I hope so!
RLM quoted several times that's it's currently in development and will be racing next year. I didn't hear a committment to Le Mans, but the implication was clear.

FG
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1003621)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The boss of GM racing said they would be at LM for as long as the Vette is in production! Obviously thats a bit of an exageration but the implication was that they would race the Vette for the forseable future.

He made the point that the Vettes image is improving in Europe due to racing year on year, unlike the likes of Cadilac and Bentley!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1008224)   #20
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I got here late. I'll tell you, there was one point when I was ready to strangle Jamie Davies, but I guess everyone got their just desserts.

I could beleive my eyes, the brake fire on the Sullivan car was the start of what could only be desribed as a Ferrari meltdown. I have to extend many congrats to P&M. I beleive this war was won in the shops. P&M just had a much tougher car than Prodrive, and I dont beleive that's an easy thing to accomplish.

As far as the incident with the P2, car there was a car behind him at the time. In watching the tape, you can see the glow of another set of headlights in the dust. I couldn't tell if there was contact, but I know certain driver that would benefit from some ediquate classes.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 18 Jun 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1008236)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
Sorry I got here late. I'll tell you, there was one point when I was ready to strangle Jamie Davies, but I guess everyone got their just desserts.

I could beleive my eyes, the brake fire on the Sullivan car was the start of what could only be desribed as a Ferrari meltdown. I have to extend many congrats to P&M. I beleive this war was won in the shops. P&M just had a much tougher car than Prodrive, and I dont beleive that's an easy thing to accomplish.

As far as the incident with the P2, car there was a car behind him at the time. In watching the tape, you can see the glow of another set of headlights in the dust. I couldn't tell if there was contact, but I know certain driver that would benefit from some ediquate classes.

In case you're wondering who hit the Belmondo Courage (P2 car) it was Sebastian Bourdais....

the same clod who punted RollCentre....

I'm sure you've read the "RollCentre" thread by now....

As for me, I couldn't tell for absolutely 100% sure who was a fault because it was dark....

But I will say this:

I definitely do not think that the Audi was far enough up on him (along his left side or his quarter panel) going into the chicane
that would have warranted having the 'Vette back off or give him the racing line....

So in that sense, the move by davies was uncalled for...he should have backed off and then taken him at the next opportunity past those corners...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1008242)   #22
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info, I didn't read that thread. I have done nothing but gush with praise for Bourdais. In that thread a long time ago about chosing a race team if money was no object, I chose him as my lead driver. It just breaks my heart to see him endangering multiple drivers. Get a grip, Bourdais! You're better than that.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 18 Jun 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1008250)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes he is....and I've liked him until seeing those multipe stunts last weekend...

Until he apologizes to Mr. Short, I'll never support him in another race as long as he dirves (which will be for quite some time)...

He needs to grow up...

One American Open Wheel Series!