Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2004, 02:06 (Ref:1066613)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Toyota 2005 driver line up?

Who will it be? Trulli has been rumoured to have signed a 2 year contract but if so why the delay in announcing such? Did Weber really say that one more bad shunt and Ralf could become a parapalegic? Is Villeneuve in the running? Many questions and not many answers. Are they they just holding their cards close to the vest or should we expect more surprises from this rich, underacheiving team?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 04:32 (Ref:1066702)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way trulli allmost willingly left renault says a fair bit.Surely he would have excepted any wage there rather than risk missing out on a seat alltogether.
But as you say-if he has signed,as seams likely,why the delay in announcing it?
Perhaps he has delusions of granduer and left renault (and dropped flav as manager) so that williams,toyota and jag could have a bidding war over his services? LOL
I'm not sure which webber that 'para' quote is from (willi or mark) but there is no doubt that it is a risk if he tries to race again too soon.In the longer term it is extremely unlikely though.Even if only because of the way the drivers body is held in the seat which makes it incredibly difficult to have any 'shearing' impact on the spinal column.
JV a chance? My guess is probably not.I don't think they have anything at all against him-i just get the feeling that they are seriously considering putting a young driver in the 2nd seat.Just a feeling,nothing more
Old 15 Aug 2004, 06:54 (Ref:1066786)   #3
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm just trying to cast my mind back.

When Trulli quit all the Button stuff had not gone off - had it.

If that was the case, the 'lie of the land' is not very different. Perhaps he was close to a deal and it's now up in the air now that other seats and drivers are avaliable.

Also, Toyota are probably going to give Zonta a fair go, before decided. If he's quick, he's a cheaper option that JT.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 15 Aug 2004 at 06:54.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1066800)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trulli may find himself on the sidelines.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1066844)   #5
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota will probably wait to see how things pan out with Zonta & if he doesn't deliver then they will sign Trulli.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1066849)   #6
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Trulli may find himself on the sidelines.
KB - I wondered that - mind you with the way contracts are honoured at the mo, you could imagine some team ditching and existing driver to take him on. He may not be the best, but he's still better than most.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1066872)   #7
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
I'm not sure which webber that 'para' quote is from (willi or mark) ...
Willi Weber, quoting doctors a couple of weeks ago.
Not Mark Webber.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1066921)   #8
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli seems pretty confident. Looks like Trulli already has a contract in his briefcase.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1066928)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite possibly.

It's most likely at Toyota but not being announced just yet.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1066983)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hasn't Trulli stated he has a contract with a team for next year? He just didn't mention who it was?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1067113)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He has indeed knowlesy, and I think it could eb BAR rather than Toyota - posisbly to replace Sato, but more likely to team up with him now that Jenson's probably on the move.

Wili Weber (one b, it's not that hard to get right) said taht Ralf could become a paraplegic form a bad crash if he returns too soon, i.e. before Monza. Take quotes in context in future.

And as for JV, I doubt Toyota would consider him.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1067115)   #12
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops,forgot about zonta.Quite right,they'll wait a little bit before they decide for sure

Quote:
Originally posted by alesi95
Trulli seems pretty confident. Looks like Trulli already has a contract in his briefcase.
I've noticed the same thing myself.He looks like a man who's sure of himself all right.
Not that means much i guess-for someone who makes such massive mistakes on track as he does, i wouldn't be at all surprised if he's stuffed up at something else as well....

Or to put it another way-if he is as agressive at managing his career as he is at driving ,then we can assume right now that we'll never see him again in f1

Last edited by RWC; 15 Aug 2004 at 15:02.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 17:46 (Ref:1067228)   #13
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hope he can manage himself - looks to me like his has trouble managing his hair!

In my guts, I still reckon Toyota (the BAR stuff blew later than Trulli walked (if my memory serves me right)

With Toyota's budget I can't see them plopping for an untried driver - so despite what I said above, I reckon Zonta is fighting for the testing position.

But, then what do I know!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1067291)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trulli has rules out BAR today (autosport.com):
Quote:
Asked if he would join BAR, Trulli told Reuters: "I don't think so. I've been talking to a lot of teams. I can't say we have signed anything or have anything finalised but we are close. I think my future will be revealed in September."
He also has toned down the 'has a contract' bit, but still says we will know by September.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1067301)   #15
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Interesting isn't it.

He seemed so confident before. Either he was suffering from premature enthusiasm or a certain team has slowed things up. I reckon the later.

Mmmm - September.

Maybe nothing cryptic in that - that means in around four weeks time.

Perhaps I shall pop up to Wokingham tomorrow ask him - it's only round the corner.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1068159)   #16
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Trulli strikes me as a man who has a guaranteed ride next year. If not, he'd better snap out of it; he has been pretty ordinary of late and nonchalent to boot. Panis, on the other hand has been his usual hard working self and obviously has not given up hope for his continued employment in F1.