Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1124645)   #26
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, the fact they're flogging their cars and haven't announced their withdrawal at least means they've probably got whatever they're doing next year sorted.

Else they'd need these things to fall back on wouldn't they?
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1124647)   #27
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just hope someone else can come up with the money to run td's old cars next season, they should still be pretty competitive come next year.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1124649)   #28
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Team Dynamics were disappointed with this season well I would expect Matt to be.

It would be a shame if they aren't with us next year, but then they could be looking at different cars...Vauxhall, MG...but then there is along time to go
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1124656)   #29
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless Team Dynamics have got their hands on the Seat or Vauxhall cars - I'm honestly puzzled at what they're doing - unless they're going to run a works outfit.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1124659)   #30
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Would be suprised if they ran a works outfit.

Wasn't it TD who were interested about how the ETCC spec Accord was doing?
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1124673)   #31
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Team Dynamics have also expressed an interest in the new Aston Martin DBR9.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1124675)   #32
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
maybe their running a team of works lexi'
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1124687)   #33
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
sorry i couldn't resist.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1124690)   #34
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
(loving these new smilies too!)

Last edited by SPARK Msport; 14 Oct 2004 at 20:19.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1124691)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Don't think the DBR9 would be an appropriate Touring car

Yep, the Lexus idea I'll buy. Though the Reliant factory was visited by Team Dynamics recently apparently.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1124714)   #36
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
i've often wondered why td have never had any real links with rover, both are based in the midlands. but i see now the real reason is because td are in bed with rover's biggest midlands rivals at reliant.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1124763)   #37
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was the rumour TD would be running works Mazda's but then thet said they were looking at ETCC spec Accords which is contradictory.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1125065)   #38
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hondas, like the Astras seemed to have peaked on what they can squeeze out of the cars, Chilton didn't have a great car, it showed the same weaknesses as before. The only real car to make a real improvement in 2004 was the WSR MGs with the new engine.

I can see TDs reasoning- there isn't much else to get from the civics. I would see the logical step being ETCC spec, with the Seats doing so well, it would be advisable to make the switch for TD.

Yay! 1000 posts!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1125343)   #39
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
So VX are running the new Astra's next year? Does that mean it gives everyone else a real chance at the title (Seat would be my bet for 2005 title)
Old 17 Oct 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1126819)   #40
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The main reason Triple Eight are running A. BTCC specification & B. The Astra (vs the Vectra) - is that they can re-use pretty much most of the stuff they've developed for the current Astra. I'm not expecting them to be on the backfoot much at all next year. Don't forget, the outgoing Coupé was brand new in 2001 it completely thrashed the also new off the shelf Peugeot 406 coupé in it's first season.

Seat have an unknown element - how much of their performance was down to RML, how much the car. Taking RML's past experiences in ASCAR & the BTCC into account, and Seat's performance in the ETCC - I reckon a good deal of it was down to RML - so I'm expecting Seat to fall back a few feet next season.

I think the best bet for the title in 2005 is West Surrey Racing & MG - IF MG put the money in! - and WSR can snap up a good support driver or two to Reidy before they're all gone.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1129417)   #41
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics have got their hands on Priaulx's BMW but are still looking to run some better Hondas... BTCC-spec Accords I think MN said.

Meanwhile Varta will not be around in 2005... Batchelor has linked up with some Chinese manufacturer called Brilliance for the WTCC.

(Did I just say Batchelor and brilliance in the same sentence?)
Old 20 Oct 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1129453)   #42
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Quote:
Meanwhile Varta will not be around in 2005... Batchelor has linked up with some Chinese manufacturer called Brilliance for the WTCC.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1129481)   #43
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cos
(Did I just say Batchelor and brilliance in the same sentence?)
Yes, and you weren't talking about soup or Cliff Richard.

Can the BMW be made competitive under current weight rules though? Edenbridge thought not, and they know all about running competitive cars.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1129572)   #44
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently, accordng to Motorsport News, there's a meeting next week at which the base weight for ETCC-spec cars next year will be set, and TD will decide what to run depending on the outcome of this. The article says they've already bought the ex-Priaulx BMW (deal was apparently done at the Dubai ETCC race), but are also looking at building a pair of BTCC-spec Hondas- it also suggests they'll be Integras, not Accords...

The Batchelor-Brilliance deal is apparently to run a 3-car team in the WTCC next year, with a 'high-profile' driver on board, as well as bringing through a young Chinese driver....

From memory, Brilliance are the Chinese company that were rumoured a while back to be doing a deal with Rover to co-operate on the replacement for the Rover 25/45 ranges.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1129669)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
The Batchelor-Brilliance deal is apparently to run a 3-car team in the WTCC next year, with a 'high-profile' driver on board, as well as bringing through a young Chinese driver....
Their brands http://www.brillianceauto.com/brands/index.html

Probably they run 3 Chinese made BMWs
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1132305)   #46
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So JB's 'Brilliance' could actually be a Chinese Bemmer.... fancy that!
Old 23 Oct 2004, 10:59 (Ref:1132835)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdad
So JB's 'Brilliance' could actually be a Chinese Bemmer.... fancy that!
No, see this: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=61080
Old 15 Dec 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1180458)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well there are three interesting bits of information in todays Motorsport News - VLR are looking to run a LPG powered 307, Techspeed are looking to put a deal together to run Owy, they have also test F3 driver Andrew Thompson. Oh and John Batchelor is looking to make a return with the Civic Type-R and will fit the program round his WTCC campagin with Brilliance.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1180529)   #49
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did it mention if it would be Astra's Techspeed would be using again ? Surprised Andrew Thompson is considering a switch to Touring Cars though!

No offence to JB, but that CTR is useless in S2000 spec, waste of time if you ask me.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1180542)   #50
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It just says that Thompson has tested Techspeed's Astra, not sure if he is planning to move to tintops or not.