Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 16 Aug 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1068124)   #1
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F4 at mallory

Just had a look at the 750MC webiste and it states that Chris Lewis, Jonathan Wright and John Roberts were excluded E4.1.7 ( I dont have a copy of the blue book to hand) Anyone know why these cars were excluded ?
Old 16 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1068214)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Technical stuff to do with tyres is all the Clerk would tell me - it was wet...
Old 16 Aug 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1068293)   #3
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
SPBRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was apparenlty a 750mc rule. you need 4 curves round the tyre in wet configuration.
750 sounds it is getting silly. They also had diffs sealed !!!!
Old 16 Aug 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1068294)   #4
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
Sorry grooves. Bad day in the office.

Does anyone know if this is a true rule ?
Old 16 Aug 2004, 16:33 (Ref:1068327)   #5
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
WET TYRES: No restrictions on types or compounds. Wet Tyres must have at least 4 evenly spaced 7mm wide circumferential grooves to the full depth of the tread.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1068350)   #6
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
The problem with following rules this strictly is that it puts off club competitors, most of whom would have no idea whether their wet tyres complied with this rule. I cannot think of any of the other competitors who would possibly have objected to these "illegal" wet tyres.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1070365)   #7
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750 club again ? I raced with the same tyres twice in the last 2 years and nothing now all this **** again do not be suprized when they loose all 3 comtec cars from there championship, you never get this with the Mono Club if you have a free wet tyre rule thn its just that free not free ut with so many 7mm groves its a ****ing joke this club ! grasstrack clubs have more sence....
Old 18 Aug 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1070539)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to hear from the horses mouth, as it were.

Sorry to hear what happened to you Jon.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1071343)   #9
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am in Spain on holliday but if I had been there I would have put the wets and rims up the 750 clubs arse every time you think they have got the formula going in the right direction they do somthing stupid like this I will recommend all our 3 drivers move into Monoposto for 05 and they can stuff there Championship up with the wets.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1071380)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forthright views indeed, but I can see where JL is coming from. Wouldn't this rule have been clear from the regs though? Ultimately if a team doesn't agree with the regs, shouldn't a team race elsewhere in the first place?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1071407)   #11
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
This is supposed to be club racing and all this obsession with the rules does not endear it to the competitors. I personally do not spend my time reading through the rules -I assumed like the Comtec team that free wet tyres meant exactly that.
These sort of decisions are not why I go racing I have enough rules and regulations in the workplace.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1071431)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

That's fine, but if you don't make yourself familiar with the regulations and then inadvertently break one you can't very well complain. So, you could either race in a less restricted environment or the drivers could get together and say to the organisers "actually, we think you should change this..." - in which case maybe they would.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1071437)   #13
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kickstart
Nigel. After a couple of emails, MST have just put the 31 July Oulton Mono results on the site
[plus the Moose FF1600 Race 9 as the qualifier and no Race 7 qualifier times at all, but that's another matter]
So what happened to you? You don't appear in the race results.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1071662)   #14
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
Hi Diz,
That will be the engine blow up I had on the parade lap...
Crankshaft broke and engine went pop.
Amazingly our spare engine bought cheaply as a never to be used unless in emergency situation, ends up being about 8bhp more powerful with better torque. Light at the end of the tunnel and all that.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1071698)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SPBRacing
WET TYRES: No restrictions on types or compounds. Wet Tyres must have at least 4 evenly spaced 7mm wide circumferential grooves to the full depth of the tread.
What tyres were they running? was there a performance advantage?

I agree that competitors should know the rules to which they are racing but is this rule relevant? Perhaps the rule should be changed, although what happens to the 3 competitors is beyond me.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1072067)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were running Avon ones with the single groove in the middle and the grooves curving outwards. These are the same tyres they have been using since the Comtec F4 came out and no one said anything.

Even in highly competitive motorsport where things are more serious, if there is a slight misunderstanding in the rules then the scrutes just tell them not to do it again. I cant believe they kicked them out.

Last year the Comtec cars had another thing that was a wrongly written rules, where the maximum dimension for the 'nose' was x and they were kicked out because when they measured the front wing some little flip ups made it x plus about an inch. After some arguing they had to back down because the rule clearly stated maximum nose width and didnt even mention aerofoils and end plates.

I think 750mc are out to get the comtec cars for no good reason and its unfair on the guys that have decided to buy one of those cars to have some fun in.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1072372)   #17
tyrrellf1
Rookie

tyrrellf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Comtec Renault
I am in Spain on holliday but if I had been there I would have put the wets and rims up the 750 clubs arse every time you think they have got the formula going in the right direction they do somthing stupid like this I will recommend all our 3 drivers move into Monoposto for 05 and they can stuff there Championship up with the wets.
Why wait? If you feel that strongly, vote with your wets and jump ship now. The regulations are very similar & the cars/ drivers would probably be pretty competitive in Mono 2000 despite being 200cc down as, I believe, that you proved yourself last year.